the real Art Express (1 Viewer)

1 more

fructis
HSC
Letters will be arriving in the upcoming week to tell those who got into Art Express. I am only going away in the next week, so I still have *lots* of time to float around these message boards. Anyone who is successful in getting in, Let us know!

stressed02

wow how scary is that...! will they let us know if we *don't* get in do you think? but that'd be kind of bad because you'd see the art express/BOS envelope and think you were in... (like i did when i got the preselection letter) lol oops

Good luck to everyone - and yes, let us know!! :)

stressed02

Anyone heard anything yet??? I just want to know...!! Yes or no is all i need to hear and i'll be happy ;) And does anyone know how we will find out? Mail? hmmm

zzaga

i reckon aye...any sort of indication at all would be greatly appreciated...

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH WHY DON'T THEY HURRY UP!! :burn:

stressed02

I got the letter - but i didn't get in ... ahhh well i don't mind - i'm just glad i know the answer! Congratulations to everyone who did get in, its a great achievement! :p And if you didn't get in but were preselected, just think, we got some of the highest marks in the state for our major works (it makes you feel better, lol) - from here on Art Express needs to chose what will 'work' well together in their galleries. Good luck!

1 more

fructis
HSC
i got in, but i have known for quite a while (long involved story.) stressed, it is as you said, in no way a reflection of your marks, for e.g. my friend topped the state in art 2 years ago, and he didn't get into art express. It's good they sent you a letter though. anyone else?

Last edited:

zzaga

yeah i got the letter but dint get in either...aaaww well....i'm just thankful for the closure!! haha~ congrats to 1 more and anyone else who got in! :disco:

stressed02

Hey 1 more - congratulations! it must be a good feeling!!
Yeah i know what you mean, i found out that the top art student in the form who has recieved 100% for every assessment and exam so far and got 100% for her internal assessment for body of work didn't get in either - so if you did, you're lucky they liked your type of work! well done :)

1 more

fructis
HSC
thankyou. Did lots of people get selected from your school stressed? what was that 100% girls' artwork about/medium?

stressed02

1 more - her artwork was really really complex and it was in collection of works - video, digital images, sculpture and was very well done.

Natstar - we mean getting into Art Express is not a reflection of your marks in that, yes people who are preselected get 43+ or whatever, but say you get 50 - it doesn't necessarily mean you get in. After the BOS chooses the artworks for preselection, Art Express works in curating a gallery which they like - art express doesn't know your marks, they just want a good gallery which works well together with all the pieces, and one which an audience would appreciate.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
YEEAHHHH!!! :D

*does happy dance*

i got in... hooray.
it's really weird... at the end of year 11 (and basically every other year since year 7) our art class has gone to artexpress (either the touring expo or AGNSW and i've wandered round going "omigod omigod look at what i'm up against these people are crazy", and now i'm in, somehow... this is so weird...

apparently i'm in the newcastle regional art gallery, which makes sense, being from newcastle. it's called Nothing But Blue Skies From Now On. whoever else got in: what's yr work called and where's it due to be displayed? i wanna come and see it... congrats to everyone else who got in!!!

*does happy dance off into the sunset*

stressed02

Oh congratualations Saladsurgery!! i just KNEW yours would get in!! well done you must be so excited!

1 more

fructis
HSC
Congratulations Saladsurgery!!! Im *so* pleased you got in, i kept wondering why you hadn't posted in this thread, as i was so impressed by your wonderful work. Did any other people get in from your school? Im interested to hear numbers, can any posters tell me how many people got selected from their school?
By the way, mine is to be exhibited at the College Of Fine Arts, and its called "Repository of Thoughts"

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by 1 more
Congratulations Saladsurgery!!! Im *so* pleased you got in, i kept wondering why you hadn't posted in this thread, as i was so impressed by your wonderful work. Did any other people get in from your school? Im interested to hear numbers, can any posters tell me how many people got selected from their school?
By the way, mine is to be exhibited at the College Of Fine Arts, and its called "Repository of Thoughts"
thanks! :shy:

i haven't posted cos i've been up at seal rocks since sunday after homebake, and just got back this afternoon. i found out on... err... tuesday morning, via phone message (i think the letter turned up at our house monday afternoon), and promptly got a headache, blocked nose, sore throat, and rainy day (unrelated to news, i think).

from our class of 10, 2 got shortlisted: another girl and myself. wether she got in or not i don't know, i haven't spoken to anyone (teachers, other art people, etc) regarding it since i got the letter...

hey 1 more, did you post pictures of your stuff before? (we had a thread of photos i think...) if not, have you got any?

1 more

fructis
HSC
hey stressed, did your friend top the state in art?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)