The Real Inspector Hound On Stage BEFORE your exams (1 Viewer)

Tash12

HSC
The Real Inspector Hound On Stage BEFORE your exams - THIS COMING WEEK SEPT 19-23!!!!

Hi all :)

I did my HSC in 2004, and my Extension1 topic was Crime Fiction. Much like many others doing this module, I studied "The Real Inspector Hound," got an awesome mark, and I loved it. So 2 years on, I'm now at Macquarie University in their drama society 'Dramac' and have been given the opportunity to direct 'Hound' in August of this year.

I've decided that my interpretation will be mostly relating to what you guys are studying, however there will be elements that I have only come to appreciate in the last 2 years which will come to light.

I personally did not get the opportunity to see this when I was in year 12 and I know that the play may have been a hell of a lot clearer to me if I had've been able to see it. Therefore I thought that you all would like to know that there is a uni production of a professional standard which is affordable (around $7-8, prices unconfirmed as yet) which you can come and see to get some perspective on what is a fantastic play, although confusing.

The dates are TBA, but it will be in August and I will be coming back to post as soon as I know the details. Pre-booking is advisable as during our production of Romeo and Juliet earlier this year we sold out almost every night. If you have any queries at all or would like me to email you with updates, email me on:
natasha.evans@hotmail.com
You can also visit the dramac website: www.dramac.org/cakedramac
The site is still new but vital info is there for you.
Any questions, let me know :)
Tasha :)

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Seeing 'The Real Inspector Hound' on stage at UNSW was a very beneficial experience for me last year - it was not only educational but highly enjoyable. I definitely reccomend all of you to go see it, whether it is at MQ or Riverside Theatre.:)

MichaelRoberts

HSC
Yeah, Our school saw the Riverside Production

The consensus was that it wasnt very true to the production, and the characters could have been better developed

That said, it was great to see it on stage, and in it's full glory.

I would be very interested in seeing the Macquarie version...

Mike

Kyroth***

HSC
Last year's Riverside production was rubbish, as far as my class was concerned. They played it more for the farce than for the parody, which was bad enough, but it was also poorly staged, directed and acted, and they butchered some of the best lines in the play!

If you have a choice, do the UNSW one. You'd be better off doing your own show than seeing the Riverside one.

Tash12

HSC
Hey guys!!!

Well, after all that time, Inspector Hound is going on stage next week.

I'll try to attach the poster, but if it doesn't work the info is:

The Real Inspector Hound by Tom Stoppard
Directed by Natasha Evans
Playing at The Lighthouse Theatre, Macquarie University

Dates:
Tuesday September 19
Wednesday September 20
Thursday September 21
Friday September 22
Saturday September 23

All shows 8pm

Tickets:
Dramac members $8
Concession $10
Adults $12

Booking or contact:
Natasha Evans 0405 030 455

The Lighthouse Theatre is located on Gynasium drive, Macquarie University. Nth Ryde, just of Culloden Road.

Any questions, give me a call.

Tasha xox
I hope it helps you guys. I've approached it with how I studied it in year 12 in mind. AND it's cheaper than a movie. Bring friends, tell classmates and support local uni theatre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)