The real NYE story (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
The real NYE story.

While the media dubbed Sydney's New Years Eve celebrations as a success, using terms such as "mostly uneventful" and "no major incidents", those who were in The Rocks shortly after midnight know the truth.

As me and a few companions headed back the house party after watching the fireworks in a euphoric state, having had a great night so far, I heard some screams. A nearby pedestrian nervously warned us "I wouldn't go up there, there is an all in brawl just ahead". Sure enough, as I looked ahead I witnessed a man smashing another mans head into a parking ticket machine. I am sorry to say that the man who performed this act was (for lack of a less cliche expression) "of middle-eastern appearance".

A circle had formed around the area of the fight, probably due to people running away from the violence. As more attention was drawn to the scene, the group of about 8 - 15 "people of middle eastern appearance" fled the scene, presumably to avoid being arrested by police.

As I got closer I saw all the damage that had been done. There were multiple people curled up in the foetal position with their hands clutching heads with blood spilling from their face and heads, who had presumably had their heads stomped on while on the ground, there was a man with blood spilling from a massive laceration across his forehead, it looked as if it had been done with a knife, but this is me speculating, as the gash was incredibly deep.

But the worst thing I saw was a thirty-something year old woman in a wheel chair with her hands to her face in her hands, with blood seeping through the gaps between her fingers. A man who I presumed to be her husband had to be restrained by police as he was trying to pursue the people who did it. He was yelling "She's in a wheel chair! How could you punch someone in a wheel chair in the face! Fucking cowards".

The scene was something that has really disturbed me. I mean, I have been in the odd fight myself, and have seen some bad stuff in my time, but this has fucked with my head big time.

And just to get shit straight, I am by no means a racist, so don't let this overly PC bullshit brainwash make you start calling me a racist because I described someone. I think it's shit that a few fucked up thug idiots do this shit, and bring a bad name to a race/religion/culture that is predominantly peaceful and generous.

Do they not realise they are only further perpetuating the stereotype, and making the image of their whole culture worse to the rest of the general, meat headed public?

I am sure that the rest of the middle eastern community shakes their head's at this repulsive, disgusting, primitive behaviour.

I watched almost every news channel that night to see what their coverage of the event would be. Not a single word about the rocks was mentioned even though there was a definite media presence there. With the recent events, this should have been the main story. It's the topic on everybody's lips.

Why it was not mentioned, I believe is simple. The police, or government have requested that it not be publicised in order to stop the public backlash that would probably result in more racial conflict, something that should be avoided at all costs.

In my opinion this was the right decision, as their are too many idiots whose natural reaction would be violence towards the first "leb" they saw (who would probably actually be sri lankin, but ignorance is bliss).

But the fact of the matter is, it happened.

i do not know how or why the incident started, it may have been aggravated ,all I know is that what happened was fucking sickening. I literally feel sick in my stomach thinking about it.

Violence is such a primitive notion. To hurt someone physically is so cromagnon and obvious. It achieves nothing. To hurt someone physically...the person is hurt and temporarily in pain, or perhaps in pain for the rest of their life, but that is all you have done, you have hurt them. it proves nothing. It doesn't make anyone bigger or stronger. Fuck, i wish i could explain it better.

Shit like this is just fucked.

I am sorry if this has already been posted.

I dunno, I have digressed, but the new year for me did not start in a pleasant manner, and has scarred me. Those images are something that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
fuck you racist scum omg ur a redneck im ashamed to be australian omg lol omfg rogfl lmaolololo PC fart cocokc lololo omg lebanese are a peaceful race how dare you generalise lolLOLFLSADJAO ROFL

gerhard

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
fuck you racist scum omg ur a redneck im ashamed to be australian omg lol omfg rogfl lmaolololo PC fart cocokc lololo omg lebanese are a peaceful race how dare you generalise lolLOLFLSADJAO ROFL
when this thread gets to 20 pages, people will be calling you a prophet

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
The REAL NYE #2 - Marijuana & Mayhem

was anybody in Circular Quay on NYE? near the station it was insane

there were a bunch of people smoking marijuana and the whole crowd could smell it (obviously) with kids wondering what the "weird smell" was and people shouting "hey, he's smoking pot!" with policemen a couple of feet away

after an hour or so, a man told a policewomen and she came and simply told the group politely to put it away - what the hell?

also there were people throwing beer bottles into the crowd, i saw one guy finishing off a carlton and throwing it into the crowd and laughing with his mates

all this happening with police just a few feet away enjoying the view of the harbour

good work coppers, i salute you!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Down at Milsions as the 12oclock fireworks were ending I got a strong whiff of weed.
Then walking round that area some people were throwing glass bottles into bins where people were standing around. There was empty grog all over the alcohol free zone. It was too easy to just walk in with grog.

So I agree with you.

Good work NSW Police.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
That's just seriously sickening!

Do they not realise they are only further perpetuating the stereotype, and making the image of their whole culture worse to the rest of the general, meat headed public?
No, the people involved have too much pride and arrogance to realise this..I would know, some of these thickheads live right around the corner.

I am sure that the rest of the middle eastern community shakes their head's at this repulsive, disgusting, primitive behaviour.
Spot on!

Why it was not mentioned, I believe is simple. The police, or government have requested that it not be publicised in order to stop the public backlash that would probably result in more racial conflict, something that should be avoided at all costs.
Most likely Yes. When they said the general atmosphere was "positive" I think it was a fair statement, in that the majority werent involved in any sort of violence, but despite this they did mention that there were 60 arrests or so... but its disturbing to know that something like this happened on the night, for whatever reason!

Violence is such a primitive notion. To hurt someone physically is so cromagnon and obvious. It achieves nothing. To hurt someone physically...the person is hurt and temporarily in pain, or perhaps in pain for the rest of their life, but that is all you have done, you have hurt them. it proves nothing. It doesn't make anyone bigger or stronger. Fuck, i wish i could explain it better.
Uve explained it well, but for some reason some people fail to realise that degrading themselves to such a low level does not make them "bigger" and "stronger", and in fact think it does exactly that (i.e make them "bigger" and "stronger").

somborac

HSC
maybe they didnt show it because if they did it could spark more vilance as the "aussies" would be looking for revange, and it would be another cronulla. think about it.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
somborac said:
maybe they didnt show it because if they did it could spark more vilance as the "aussies" would be looking for revange, and it would be another cronulla. think about it.
Yeah, that's what i meant about the "public backlash".

I don't think you read my whole post.

I am sorry for it being so long, but yeah, I agree.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Egronk said:
But the worst thing I saw was a thirty-something year old woman in a wheel chair with her hands to her face in her hands, with blood seeping through the gaps between her fingers. A man who I presumed to be her husband had to be restrained by police as he was trying to pursue the people who did it. He was yelling "She's in a wheel chair! How could you punch someone in a wheel chair in the face! Fucking cowards".
That makes me shiver.
Absolutely fucking gutless.

Why some people are dickheads to people who are just minding my own buisness is out of my comprehension.

For example, whilst walking through a packed part of Blues Point, I saw guy (18 - 23?) keep pushing his mate into this woman infront of him. Not just a shove, a proper push. Then when his mate told him to fuck off. He takes a run up and charges into the back of her.

Then she says 'stop it or ill get the police' and the whole group starts to go 'fuck cops get out of here'

Fucking neanderthals.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i saw a mate of mine from work walk onto the darling harbour walk/bridge thing with 2 bottles of jack daniels, one in each hand. his other mate had 2 in his bag. they just walked right through the middle of the 2 people checking bags, etc.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
when there are worse things to worry about, the police wouldnt really care if you smoke a jay of weed.

Jiga

It's not that. It's that the police officer knows that smoking a jay of weed = 2 minute community service order.

If murder = 2 year suspended sentence.. Then marijuana is going to be a hell of a lot less. There is no incentive for the police.
Yeah, but by the sounds of things they were doing sweet fuck all... they were just their as eye candy, so people were lured into a false sense of security, but when the shit hit the fan they were nowhere to be seen (Unless you were at Darling Habour at like 7pm, their were like 1000 cops their alone :rolleyes: ). Like a friend of mine was grabbed by the kneck for no good reason at Town Hall by some cop (Dont know why the fuck they were their when massive crowds of people were out of order), yet when incidents like the one explained by the thread starter occured they are either to late or nowhere to be seen.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Egronk said:
While the media dubbed Sydney's New Years Eve celebrations as a success, using terms such as "mostly uneventful" and "no major incidents", those who were in The Rocks shortly after midnight know the truth.

As me and a few companions headed back the house party after watching the fireworks in a euphoric state, having had a great night so far, I heard some screams. A nearby pedestrian nervously warned us "I wouldn't go up there, there is an all in brawl just ahead". Sure enough, as I looked ahead I witnessed a man smashing another mans head into a parking ticket machine. I am sorry to say that the man who performed this act was (for lack of a less cliche expression) "of middle-eastern appearance".

A circle had formed around the area of the fight, probably due to people running away from the violence. As more attention was drawn to the scene, the group of about 8 - 15 "people of middle eastern appearance" fled the scene, presumably to avoid being arrested by police.

As I got closer I saw all the damage that had been done. There were multiple people curled up in the foetal position with their hands clutching heads with blood spilling from their face and heads, who had presumably had their heads stomped on while on the ground, there was a man with blood spilling from a massive laceration across his forehead, it looked as if it had been done with a knife, but this is me speculating, as the gash was incredibly deep.

The scene was something that has really disturbed me. I mean, I have been in the odd fight myself, and have seen some bad stuff in my time, but this has fucked with my head big time.

And just to get shit straight, I am by no means a racist, so don't let this overly PC bullshit brainwash make you start calling me a racist because I described someone. I think it's shit that a few fucked up thug idiots do this shit, and bring a bad name to a race/religion/culture that is predominantly peaceful and generous.

I watched almost every news channel that night to see what their coverage of the event would be. Not a single word about the rocks was mentioned even though there was a definite media presence there. With the recent events, this should have been the main story. It's the topic on everybody's lips.

In my opinion this was the right decision, as their are too many idiots whose natural reaction would be violence towards the first "leb" they saw (who would probably actually be sri lankin, but ignorance is bliss).

But the fact of the matter is, it happened.

i do not know how or why the incident started, it may have been aggravated ,all I know is that what happened was fucking sickening. I literally feel sick in my stomach thinking about it.

Shit like this is just fucked.

I am sorry if this has already been posted.

I dunno, I have digressed, but the new year for me did not start in a pleasant manner, and has scarred me. Those images are something that will haunt me for the rest of my life.
Have you sent this away to the media?

I'm pretty sure the SMH's Andrew West would LOVE this.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Are people not being the least suspicious that this could be a lie?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Are people not being the least suspicious that this could be a lie?
could be.

quite a lot of effort for a lie

i doubt the media would be as "compassionate" as not to use the story and blow it up, have all of the various media companies work as a team to keep the australians ignorant.

quite the story though

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
was anybody in Circular Quay on NYE? near the station it was insane

there were a bunch of people smoking marijuana and the whole crowd could smell it (obviously) with kids wondering what the "weird smell" was and people shouting "hey, he's smoking pot!" with policemen a couple of feet away

after an hour or so, a man told a policewomen and she came and simply told the group politely to put it away - what the hell?

also there were people throwing beer bottles into the crowd, i saw one guy finishing off a carlton and throwing it into the crowd and laughing with his mates

all this happening with police just a few feet away enjoying the view of the harbour

good work coppers, i salute you!
Hahahah yes! i was there it got so packed around 10 minutes before midnight and there were ambulance medics pushing a stretcher

if i remember it was between wharves 5 & 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)