• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The REAL REASON WHY YOU WANT TO GET INTO/DO THAT PARTICULAR COURSE (1 Viewer)

I WANT TO DO THE (1st preference) COURSE BECAUSE

• We're talking BIG BUCKS and GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITIES in the future!

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • It's something I REALLY want to do... despite the financial future!

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Mixed emotions about my passion for that course and the possible cash that rolls in (I'm not an extr

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I don't know, I just want to get in to university mehhhh

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Out of curiousity, I wanted to know how many people are doing what they love despite the money, or people who do stuff plainly for money, or other reasons.

Since I get a lot of criticism and stupid jokes from not only my family but other adults.

"WHat do you wanna do?"

"B Music (Composition) at the Con"

*chuckles and obviously has just NO IDEA* "singing at pubs huh!"

"uhh.. noo..."

Last edited:

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
i (like u i think) wanna write music for movies....

but im doing a ba (with music units - composition of course :) ) to keep my options more open

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bahodl said:
i (like u i think) wanna write music for movies....

but im doing a ba (with music units - composition of course :) ) to keep my options more open
Oh
My
God

You wanna write music for film specifically!?!?

*hugs you* As far as I know... YOURE THE ONLY OTHER ONE!!!!

Suddenly I don't feel so alone.... *some music plays*

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Oh
My
God

You wanna write music for film specifically!?!?

*hugs you* As far as I know... YOURE THE ONLY OTHER ONE!!!!

Suddenly I don't feel so alone.... *some music plays*
lol yeah people always look at me a bit strangely when i tell them i wanna write for movies - its bloody hard to get a start with i would guess

my best mate sorta wants to be a scriptwriter for movies so we have this ongoing joke "lets go to hollywood and make movies - u write the screenplay and ill write the music" lol

but yes im very glad there's somebody else out there who wants to write music for movies :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I've picked heaps of different courses, got myself accepted to a bunch of different colleges for different things next year...
I have no idea what i wanna do i'm going to decide once i get my offer(s) back, basically tho i just like learning.. I wouldn't mind doing a combined degree maybe an arts/architecture one or something (although that would be heavily tolling), i like the idea of an arts degree because it would allow me to get some more basic knowledge about various things, as i feel the more knowledgable you are the easier it is to get thru life in general...
However I also feel the urge to pick something that's more in-line with a career...

I dunno :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Where's the "I don't really want to do it, but my parents are making me" option?

S

Shuter

What about if you love money, and therefore do a course in money?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Woah! Program music composers! I love you guys! :D

Wait...first question...what do you think of John Williams, Danny Elfmann, Nobuo Uematsu and Koji Kondo? (I know the last two don't do film :p)

Ok, I'm going for Medicine because doctors can prescribe anything they damn well please, even to themselves. Mix that with my chemical laboratory skills and you have some mean cashflow baby.

santaslayer

HSC
ahaha..that was funni...:p

I'm doing it so that I can get close to rich people. Hopefully one of'em will fall for me and marry me...then I won't eva have to work again...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
I'm doing it so that I can get close to rich people. Hopefully one of'em will fall for me and marry me...then I won't eva have to work again...
amen. *wants hot rich good-looking chick*

Generator

HSC
N/A
At first, I found it interesting. Now, though I still enjoy my current programme, I wouldn't mind taking an Economic and Social Sciences degree. Ah well, life goes on.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
dunno, anyone else here wanted to do something for so long that they cant even remember when they first wanted to do it? thats my case, i've just wanted it all my life, money, workload etc never came into it (except now when i'm questioning what the hell i was thinking!... but it is exam time...) Apparently most vet students are like that though. Its strange to think of all you guys poring over the UAC guide etc trying to decide your futures, i never had to go through that, it was like it was all decided for me!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
Thats fine. If u love money, you will enjoy money and enjoy working with it, and still get money for doing it.
Who doesn't like money though:p?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I want to do Finance because nothing else at University really interested me. I just don't think I am made for studying, etc, I really can't stand it (more than most people I think). I enjoy working with money (as most people do I guess) and my parents thought that it was the path that suited me, so I went with that. I am really only going to University for a backup if I don't make it as an actor though, and so America will let me into their country:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh definately :p
Ah, fair enough. It is not like everyone else I know doesn't think I am dreaming:(. I am serious though, when I say I want to be an actor:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)