• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The REAL REASON WHY YOU WANT TO GET INTO/DO THAT PARTICULAR COURSE (2 Viewers)

I WANT TO DO THE (1st preference) COURSE BECAUSE

• We're talking BIG BUCKS and GREAT JOB OPPORTUNITIES in the future!

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • It's something I REALLY want to do... despite the financial future!

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Mixed emotions about my passion for that course and the possible cash that rolls in (I'm not an extr

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I don't know, I just want to get in to university mehhhh

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You probably will become an actor lol i can't imagine how many actors of today have been laughed at..
I would say just about all:).

natstar said:
My feelings for money are bitter sweet. u need it to buy stuff to survive, but in other ways its shit
How could you say that! I will never understand your reasoning:p.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Woah! Program music composers! I love you guys! :D

Wait...first question...what do you think of John Williams, Danny Elfmann, Nobuo Uematsu and Koji Kondo? (I know the last two don't do film :p)

Ok, I'm going for Medicine because doctors can prescribe anything they damn well please, even to themselves. Mix that with my chemical laboratory skills and you have some mean cashflow baby.
the last two ie final fantasy and nintendo are awesome - very underrated i reckon - i love final fantasy music... and also nintendo music *embarrassed*... as for john williams... hes cool too - hes made so many themes that are instantly recognisable to anybody. Danny Elfman is i guess most remembered for the simpsons theme but hes actually done some other pretty cool stuff - i think he wrote the music for catch me if you can. Also James horner and hans zimmer are really good lol - and of course we cant forget howard shores lotr scores

...thats my rant about my passion....
.... :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
Money turns ppl into snobs...some ppl think cuz they have more money than someone else that they are better than everyone.
As long as you don't act like that when you are rich, then that shouldn't turn you off money:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
Im turned off people who do act like that. Dont get me wrong..money is good,when used wisely
Yeah, so there is no reason why you don't like to have money though, just when people have to much and show it:p.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I didn't actually know that Elfmann did the Simpsons theme, I was thinking all those spiffy little movies like "Flubber". :p Another I thought of today was Ennio Macias, he's got some great stuff.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Money is but a tool. Use it for what you need to do in life, but develop no attachment to it. Be as willing to part with it as to accept it.

is a roflcopter
HSC
im a com/law asian in unsw
i think theres only one option availble in the poll :/

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha John, as if you needed to add "asian" to the end. What other kind of UNSW CommLaw people are there eh? :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
bahodl said:
the last two ie final fantasy and nintendo are awesome - very underrated i reckon - i love final fantasy music... and also nintendo music *embarrassed*... as for john williams... hes cool too - hes made so many themes that are instantly recognisable to anybody. Danny Elfman is i guess most remembered for the simpsons theme but hes actually done some other pretty cool stuff - i think he wrote the music for catch me if you can. Also James horner and hans zimmer are really good lol - and of course we cant forget howard shores lotr scores

...thats my rant about my passion....
.... :)
James Horner wrote One good piece, and every single composition of his since then has been the exact same piece, with a couple more instruments here, and a couple less instruments there. Wish I could do that, selling the same piece again and again, and getting paid each time.

Assasinator_2

HSC
A combo of both:
I love mech eng, but hey, the money associated with it is a more-than-welcome bonus :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm doing it for the money. If I won the lottery, I'd quit uni now and go into property investment and enjoy my weekdays off relaxing. But I don't have a million bucks, so I gotta educate myself further to enhance my means of obtaining such money.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Started CompSci for the money (before dot com bust) and enjoyment.
Now doing Masters for the hell of it, already have another hooked up for next year and once my HECS/PELS entitlement dries up i'll go in for a scholarship and do a PhD in something or other.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
drugs
money
action
women
your sentiments mirror mine exactly. except the drugs bit - lawyers don't do drugs. we only do drugs when we become judges and then we just drink copious amounts of alcohol, that's all. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Frigid said:
your sentiments mirror mine exactly. except the drugs bit - lawyers don't do drugs. we only do drugs when we become judges and then we just drink copious amounts of alcohol, that's all. :)
and run into a parked car...

and having their blood sample taken...and lost...etc. :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Chose Bachelor of information technology at usyd as first preference because i can combine my favourite things: maths, computers and a little science. I dont care about the money and what people say about IT dying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)