The related World....of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Soo, I was thinking
With journeys paper 1 week away, why not change my related text
I was doing T.S Eliots The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock, but I find it mundane and boring
So, I thought about World of Warcraft.
Dont discredit it immediately, it is in effect, a fantasy world (and when I play I can say Im studying)

Basically I was thinking of 1 of 2 approaches, or both

World Of Warcraft allows players the chance to enter a new world away from the pressures of society and embark on a journey of imaginative and inner discovery.
By allowing players to choose their own destiny by offering almost limitless freedom, Blizzard empowers their players with a sense of self importance. This acts to aid people in discovering new ways of overcoming obstacles, through the process of ‘questing’, which gives the players new methods in dealing with problems in their real lives.

Is the basic literal version
Or I can apply a reading annd end up with something sappy:

World of Warcraft presents intricate themes as a simple representation through the use of an imaginary world, applicable to a persons context.
Battlegrounds, a component of World of Warcraft present a Christian dominated milieu, where factions fight for what is rightfully theirs to restore peace to the world.
This consequently symbolizes the forces of divine versus those of the devil.
Ultimately Blizzard position the players to rely on their commitment and determination to uphold their righteous and divine duties, and to consecrate the unholy from their lands.
Failing in such duty causes you to despair to a dominion of holy sacrament and atonement. In either case, it is through this contrast of light and dark, that allows for the development of the notion responsibility and faith.

Its totally a made up load of bull
But hey, after studying Harwood its what you do :uhhuh:

Anycase, what do you guys think?

Tragedy Thrills

Imperator
HSC
I was going to do WoW as a related text as well, but my english teacher basically panned it. Apparantly videogames don't go down well at the marking centre, no matter how sophisticated your analysis of them.

Doorfink

HSC
I really, really wish you could do WoW as a selected text, but as stated before, I don't think it would go down well with markers. It is stereotyping, but all they see it as is a game, they don't know the deep lore that's gone into it.

Sadly this means they'll look poorly upon it.

For the Horde!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)