The Rime of the Ancient Mariner??????? (1 Viewer)

Beachbabe07

HSC
hey guys
im new at this,
just wondering if anyone can help me with analysis or techniques on the Ancient Mariner. Due next week..
any help would be awesome
cheers
flic

W0MB13

HSC
The Iron Maiden song?, I was thinking of doing this for inner journeys, but there isn't really much in it.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Its alright I used this for my assessment, and think I did pretty good. I didn't talk much of it, because there was a limit.
I could have add a lot more. In the assessment it is important to state how it relates to imaginative journey, and what and how is the imaginative journey being represented.

The purpose is to show that god and his creatures are connected. The fact that the story has a purpose is emphasised by having Coleridge himself represent the the Mariner, and the audience represent the guest; these representations are continually reminded to the audience by the constant interruptions in the poem by the guest. "He prayeth well, who loveth well, both man and bird and beast" represents the purpose that Coleridge had want the audience to learn.

There are heaps of techniques in this poem, and there are helpful notes in the resource area. You should have a look at them.

Marc.

HSC
W0MB13 said:
The Iron Maiden song?, I was thinking of doing this for inner journeys, but there isn't really much in it.
I was going to use Hallowed Be Thy Name, for inner journey but apparently it didn't have enough "textual features" my teacher said.

freckled fletch

HSC
As in the one by Coleridge??

I could of helped you but it looks like it is too late.

pm me if i can still help (we did so many questions on this poem)

livi1312

HSC
can someone explain rime of the ancient mariner- i kinda get it but i want to make sure im on the same page as others....
:)

Bridgey91

HSC
we started coleridge a week ago and have just analysed The Lime Tree Bower, My Prison.

Which Coleridge poem would you recommend for an essay text

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
^I did Lime Tree & ROTAM. ROTAM is actually quite simple, when you realise that it's just a story. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)