The Roots Concert TONIGHT! (1 Viewer)

HSC
im going all u faggots that aren't going are missing out on the pioneers of live rap and rolling stones mag (even though they arent too credible on some things) named them one of the top 20 live acts in the wold! yeah!

tempco

HSC
the roots are pretty good. i hope they all get shot in the gut and die.

HSC
shutup...as if P-moneys that bad
don't make me bring up the aus vs nz hiphop battle again :p
aawww Roots :(...and just a little bit over the price for Nelly (which turned out sheit by the way )
meh...i dont care *looks at the ground...and sniffs*

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
let us know how it went hiphop, if it's that good i might try to go on monday, even though i am really broke

HSC
The Roots Concert Was FUCKING AMAZING!

ok well i was goin crazy the whole night it was fuckign awesome the concert, more than i expected.

i dont mind p money either now, just not scribe :p he plays good records, (some) people in the crowd went crazy when he played 'shook ones II'

then he went off and THE ROOTS CAME ON

The first song they did was a freestyle over the 'wait' beat, but with instruments, it was awesome and black thought didn't stop flowing for like 5 minutes.

THEN they suprised me with one of my favourite songs 'thought At work (original version) supra and 7th its the song i posted p on boxden, that went off, for me anyway

the whole night was fuckign awesome, they did all their hits, what they do, you got me, the next movement, the seed, break you off....it seemed like the people around me only knew the seed and you got me.

there was this fuckin asian trying to push in the whole night but i 'accidently' elbowed him in the face :D

me n my mate were RIGHT up to the stage, the best spot :D:D:D:D:D

black thought kept looking at me and smiling too ;)

i got to shake James "Kamal" Grays and Maimouna Youssefs hands :D maimounda is pretty hot ;)

everyone did their solos. kirk douglas' solo on guitar was FUCKING AMAZING!!!! and ?uestlove and thompsons solos on the drums and bongos was so fucking great, the other solos were fucking great too.

during ?uests solo black thought started smoking weed lol

then they did mini-covers of:

nas - N.Y state of mind
game - how we do (haha everyone cept me went off)
talib kweli - get by
beyonce - crazy in love
Spiderbait - Black Betty

he kept using 'hey boy, hey girl, superstar DJ's here we go' call as well.

and a few others i cant remember

and they played the starting tune of T.I - Bring 'Em Out :D:D:D i was goin crazy whole night.

the guys next to us were on E

?uestlove threw his drum sticks out to the crowd but like to far back so i had no chance of gettin em :( but i caught james grays towel haha and this stupid bitch grabbed it then her friend tried to help her tug it out of my hands but i pulled it and they nearly fell over :D then she started crying to my mate ripped the towel and gave her the smaller half lol.

overall, 10/10 seriously fucking great i didnt even expect it to be this great i doubt anyone in that arena was dissapointed thatn ight it was WELL worth it and they stayed on stage for ages...the crowd was lovin them and thought is great at getting the crowd worked up with his call and response stuff. they didnt perform 'essaywhuman' or 'mellow my man' which i hoped but their other call and response song was just as good.

if anyone has a chance to go see them monday do so you dont regret it.

another good thing i didnt see ANY lebos, ONE fob, mostly aussies, indians and asians. All looked normal too cept the one that was trying to push in he was wearing a stupid bereau thingy.

someone pushed me out of the way before i got to shake black thoughts hand :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
fuk u chris :p this is rubbing it in...damn i wish my friends would have wanted to go, hten i could have gone :(...its awesome how they played a variety of shit, and hte crowd seemed alright too (no lebos, not suprising)
how much was the tickets for your particular seats (i.e front few rows)?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
fuk u chris :p this is rubbing it in...damn i wish my friends would have wanted to go, hten i could have gone :(...its awesome how they played a variety of shit, and hte crowd seemed alright too (no lebos, not suprising)
how much was the tickets for your particular seats (i.e front few rows)?
i agree, i'm so cut that i didn't go

looks like monday is possible but its gonna be hard to go since its so last min :S

HSC
72 bucks but worth fucking so much more than that, it was AWESOME! next time they come out im definently going again, i was standing not sitting, i was on the dancefloor,

stamos

sellout
HSC
they're playing on monday hey? i think i'm going to be on the door

because i'm sooo much more black than you are hiphop

good to know they're awesome live

7th Sign

HSC
the roots - don t say nothin is a good tune ....got that playing now :D

im heaps busy atm so i couldnt make it :(

hopefully next time :D

hopefully TI tour :D :D

otay

HSC
7th Sign said:
the roots - don t say nothin is a good tune
yeah that bangs so hard. how old is that song coz? i swear i have heard it ages ago on sum computer game. hiphop sounds like the concert was awesome. fuck u im so jealous and pissed that i missed last nite and cant go 2morrow either. a bit of a change of heart with P-Money hey?

HSC
yeh well he a good DJ coz he plays hip hop tracks, but scribe sucks and that 'stop the music' joint is ass :p

i forgot to add THEY DID A COVER OF SMOOTH CRIMINAL fkn awesome.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:
ok well i was goin crazy the whole night it was fuckign awesome the concert, more than i expected.

i dont mind p money either now, just not scribe :p he plays good records, (some) people in the crowd went crazy when he played 'shook ones II'

then he went off and THE ROOTS CAME ON

The first song they did was a freestyle over the 'wait' beat, but with instruments, it was awesome and black thought didn't stop flowing for like 5 minutes.

THEN they suprised me with one of my favourite songs 'thought At work (original version) supra and 7th its the song i posted p on boxden, that went off, for me anyway

the whole night was fuckign awesome, they did all their hits, what they do, you got me, the next movement, the seed, break you off....it seemed like the people around me only knew the seed and you got me.

there was this fuckin asian trying to push in the whole night but i 'accidently' elbowed him in the face :D

me n my mate were RIGHT up to the stage, the best spot :D:D:D:D:D

black thought kept looking at me and smiling too ;)

i got to shake James "Kamal" Grays and Maimouna Youssefs hands :D maimounda is pretty hot ;)

everyone did their solos. kirk douglas' solo on guitar was FUCKING AMAZING!!!! and ?uestlove and thompsons solos on the drums and bongos was so fucking great, the other solos were fucking great too.

during ?uests solo black thought started smoking weed lol

then they did mini-covers of:

nas - N.Y state of mind
game - how we do (haha everyone cept me went off)
talib kweli - get by
beyonce - crazy in love
Spiderbait - Black Betty

he kept using 'hey boy, hey girl, superstar DJ's here we go' call as well.

and a few others i cant remember

and they played the starting tune of T.I - Bring 'Em Out :D:D:D i was goin crazy whole night.

the guys next to us were on E

?uestlove threw his drum sticks out to the crowd but like to far back so i had no chance of gettin em :( but i caught james grays towel haha and this stupid bitch grabbed it then her friend tried to help her tug it out of my hands but i pulled it and they nearly fell over :D then she started crying to my mate ripped the towel and gave her the smaller half lol.

overall, 10/10 seriously fucking great i didnt even expect it to be this great i doubt anyone in that arena was dissapointed thatn ight it was WELL worth it and they stayed on stage for ages...the crowd was lovin them and thought is great at getting the crowd worked up with his call and response stuff. they didnt perform 'essaywhuman' or 'mellow my man' which i hoped but their other call and response song was just as good.

if anyone has a chance to go see them monday do so you dont regret it.

another good thing i didnt see ANY lebos, ONE fob, mostly aussies, indians and asians. All looked normal too cept the one that was trying to push in he was wearing a stupid bereau thingy.

someone pushed me out of the way before i got to shake black thoughts hand :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sounds really similar to the set they played when i saw them a couple of years ago
wish i could go on monday but i'm broke :(

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
told you :p

hiphophorray123 said:
what do people in this forum have against lebs??!! now now..don't hate!!! all the fobs were at a dance thingo at marrickville...lol..not that i would know or anything...................:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)