The Rta And $$$ (1 Viewer)

Jiga

So far, I think Ive paid over $300 to the rta from booking my L's, to having to pay for the license, then booking my p's, then paying more for the license, and now I have to pay like $200 to transfer registration...... not to mention in 4 months time I have to pay for rego which will be at least like $700 :burn: And Ive also gotta cross my fingers that the car Ive had to poor so much money into wont fuck up on me!!!!

Is it just me of is the RTA screwed? Every day they are packed to the shitter with people, presumably paying rego for the most part, or people going for a p's test which costs $40 for 20mins of an instructors time, yet they at the same time need to close some of their offices (Even though they realisctically need MORE) because they are cutting back on costs :rolleyes: They must be bringing in millions a day!

On top of all of this, having to pay for uni books ($400), uni fees ($4000+), petrol to get to uni ($30 a week), just third part damage insurance cos I cant afford comprehensive ($600) etc etc etc. I can understand rego costing so much because they need to maintain roads etc, but you cant help but get the feeling that every organisation related to vehciles are taking young people for all their worth even though they are the people with the smallest earning power!

It may sound like Im just whinging, but my general point is that they really are just using their monoploy power to charge young people what they want..... like with the p's test, it costs $80 for 30 mins of RTA work, that is just plain ridiculous, or transfer of rego, 20mins of typing costs $200!

Your thoughts.........

HSC
OHHHHH the RTA love to pillage money off ye....i mean, all it takes is one fail item you *think* you didnt do on your Ps test, and BOOM, another $40 to book another test plus ~$40 for the licence if you pass.

7th Sign

HSC
Probly printed his licence of the internet....

Thats why it was free :|

RTA dont slip up they make you pay for your p's licence, you are full of shit because they owuld not have given you the licence with out gettign their extra cash.

Jiga

but when came the paying time after my test it was only 40 bucks.
The $40 after the test is for the license, and you pay $40 or so BEFORE the test to book it.... grand total is like $80! I highly doubt the RTA would slip up twice either, because as soon as they realise for eg 500 licenses were given in 05 and only revenue for 499 was received, the paper trail would lead to an unsuspecting RTA employee so I doubt they would give you a free run :bomb:

CieL

HSC
DaddyK said:
I thought that too, but when came the paying time after my test it was only 40 bucks.
Did you book your test online?
Maybe that was charged through your credit card..

Then when you paid it was for the licence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)