The s1 2008 Uni Results thread (1 Viewer)

Conspirocy

HSC
so last session i had to wait till 1230...but people were getting their results before then...no one has anything atm...this is a joke

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Hey, is the BOS clock half an hour slow or do I have the timezones screwed up in the settings?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i don't mind waiting til midnight if i get an average of 80% this sem. *fingers crossed*

ohne

HSC
This is really annoying, who know when we'll get it, for all we know it could be until 9am tomorrow.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
i'm betting they won't be out until the morning, which sucks as i will be out

or some dipshit forgot to hit the send button before they knocked off

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i wonder if they backup?

if the uni server that stores all our results were to die, explode, implode or spontaneously combust, would everyone's semester be count for nought?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
they'd def back up

plus most lecturers/markers would most likely still have the results stored somewhere still (i'd hope)

Pace_T

HSC
still waiting........................................

Conspirocy

HSC
They could send the email to say that we can check our hecs this morning quick smart...fucken wankers

who rkns emails might send after they reboot my unsw like they do every night? im getting desperate now lol

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
i think they have learned from the mail overloaded incident last year and decided that "right, this time we will release at 6am when minimum people will be awake.. will turn out great when it would be 3am midnight around asia" and someone nodded their head and agreed

they probably spent 3 million dollar writing the cron job script to email people at 6am.

hm... just a thought..

you know we are cursing... but they are not doing anything wrong...

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Conspirocy said:
They could send the email to say that we can check our hecs this morning quick smart...fucken wankers

who rkns emails might send after they reboot my unsw like they do every night? im getting desperate now lol
that's also possible

i'm going to bet on that or just getting them tomorrow.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
If we don't get it by midnight I won't know my results until like 8pm tomorrow, pfft

is there a thing where they sms results?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
gman03 said:
i think they have learned from the mail overloaded incident last year and decided that "right, this time we will release at 6am when minimum people will be awake.. will turn out great when it would be 3am midnight around asia" and someone nodded their head and agreed

they probably spent 3 million dollar writing the cron job script to email people at 6am.

hm... just a thought..

you know we are cursing... but they are not doing anything wrong...
they aren't but it's just annoying as we all expected it today based on the past.. how many years?

Conspirocy

HSC
uhawww said:
that's also possible

i'm going to bet on that or just getting them tomorrow.

i dont really believe it...but yeah try ur luck, i cant sleep anyway so ill be up waiting.

ace

is retired
HSC
Jago said:
If we don't get it by midnight I won't know my results until like 8pm tomorrow, pfft

is there a thing where they sms results?
There's always alcohol to prolong it further. Drink enough and you won't even know your waiting for results. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)