The s1 2008 Uni Results thread (1 Viewer)

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Casmira said:
jenny buchan i did LEGT1711 with her, she is the god of LEGT. i was sick mid during my legt semester and then she gave me as an assessment to do AFTER the final exam, very engaged. i also had peter michael as a tutor; he's awesome. did you like kerry at all?

haha yeah i changed it from 6-7 because it was my ONLY tutorial i had that day!!.. which wouldnt be that bad cause i work at uni i just go to class after works over, but who can be assed going to class after work srsly

oh wow dude that is awesome! that's very nice of her. i had a very nice marketing lecturer in first sem first year, she still remembers me even though i don't do marketing anymore! haha.
umm truthfully, i stopped going to kerry's lectures after like week 5... i just couldn't hack it. i found her to be uninteresting and she just went so slowly and also she crapped on with too many examples of cases which wasn't even relevant since we had the textbook to read about those cases in detail. what did you reckon?
she was a touch better than janet though...

yeah tell me about it! that's why i've started doing my timetable so that i have all-day uni days and all-day work days - it's so much less of a fatigue.

Beege

HSC
T1 MDCM1000 New Media Technologies A.........72 CR
T1 MEFT1200 Introduction to Film.............63 PS
T1 MGMT1001 Fundamentals of Management.......62 PS
T1 MUSC1001 Music Fundamentals...............59 PS

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
oh wow dude that is awesome! that's very nice of her. i had a very nice marketing lecturer in first sem first year, she still remembers me even though i don't do marketing anymore! haha.
umm truthfully, i stopped going to kerry's lectures after like week 5... i just couldn't hack it. i found her to be uninteresting and she just went so slowly and also she crapped on with too many examples of cases which wasn't even relevant since we had the textbook to read about those cases in detail. what did you reckon?
she was a touch better than janet though...

yeah tell me about it! that's why i've started doing my timetable so that i have all-day uni days and all-day work days - it's so much less of a fatigue.
honestly ill be honest and say i stopped kerrys when after consideration, but one-on-one she is pretty good, marked alot of my essays a week before the exam was on and gave me a lot of pointers. yeah i agree the book was x10000 more helpful, but its easy to say this in hindsight once we've learnt the course lol

yeah i spread uni out last semester 5 days (work 2 uni 3) and although i finished early i would be dead by saturday (cause i work saturday) so i want 2 work 2 uni dont care if its full days.. plus now on mondays i got a 2hr break after our legt tutorial so that means gym time =D

HSC
Conspirocy said:
From what I have seen from the two courses. a 3 unit student would find Math 1a easier to pass, but might not go as well in it. They really just set out to fail people in QMA. Plus the reason everyone bitches about it is because every other commerce degree doesn't have this kind of maths as a core subject.
lets not forget the nitpicking of QMA, all you need is one word to miss and you can fuck up an entire answer on a question. i was drilling the bridging maths course i twas easy, i thought why the hell didnt i do 2u in high school. then comes the hardest part of QMA, not the maths, but decyphering what the hell the question is _really_ asking. and this itself doesnt come from any form of logic or reasoning, but doing so many damn questions that you can somewhat infer what the question wants because of similarity in past questions

Pace_T

HSC
i didnt really like jenny buchan at all. she always beat around the bush and never explained anything properly imo. + her 'assistant' always made mistakes and uploaded old slides or some other problem came up. it was always the assistant's fault, whoever that is. yeah right.
however, i was late in handing in my assignment and she let me hand it in as soon as i got home :eek: so thats a plus.
anil hargovan who usually takes 2741 is a brilliant lecturer. whatever he says next will surely any question that comes to your head during the lecture. extremely concise and top bloke all round. if you get him, you will most likely finish your 3 hour lecture in 1.5 to 2 hours. a couple of times we finished in a little over 1 hour :/
+ the final exam is basically 4 old questions recycled from the last 3-4 years. haha.

i got a shit mark for my accting courses because they are anal about everything. gotta answer each question the way they specify. verrrrrry annoying.

FeelBare

HSC
@ xprshn: are they on myUNSW? My results have been up on myUNSW since approx. 5pm.

ohne

HSC
Results should be on myunsw now....mine are at least.

This whole episode has been a nightmare seriously.....they should go back to what they'd been doing successfully for several years by sending the results out in the early evening the day before.

At least I got my results relatively early at 12:20 AM

3 D's, 1 CR
Term WAM: 74.750 Overall WAM: 73.527

meh

Iruka

HSC
N/A
I don't care if they are late - I have just checked my results on MyUNSW, and they've changed my graduation status to : Awarded!

Now I get to graduate!

So happy....

-Anfernee-

HSC
Iruka said:
I don't care if they are late - I have just checked my results on MyUNSW, and they've changed my graduation status to : Awarded!

Now I get to graduate!

So happy....

Congratulations and i wish you the best, even though i don't know you at all!!! :)

I still have a few years left as this is only my first year.

Where r u off to?

Charizard

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Congratulations and i wish you the best, even though i don't know you at all!!! :)

I still have a few years left as this is only my first year.

Where r u off to?
What course do you even do lol ?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Thanks, everyone.

I do (did?) Science Education, with a major in mathematics.

I'm not actually going very far at all, as I am probably starting a masters (part time) in applied maths next year. (So much more maths to learn, so little time...)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Most of the people that struggle with QMA do not have the strongest of mathematical/ quantitative backgrounds.

I guess if you're going to compare MATH 1a with QMA, QMA would be considered the easier course for most people.
high school
2u - 95/100
3u - 46/50

uni
qma - 51 lulz

it's more people in qma tend to stop studying consistently (or completely) and then get owned because they're not used to doing questions

also, jenny buchan is terrible.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Charizard said:
What course do you even do lol ?
I'm in Comm/Law,

Thank you for expressing some interest in my academic career. :)

What about yourself?

Charizard

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I'm in Comm/Law,

What about yourself?
B. Comm Usyd

What's law like. You do legal studies in year 12 ?

torrentperson

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
I'm in Comm/Law,

What about yourself?
You're first year Comm/Law Anfernee? I'm first year Arts/Law. Do I know you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)