The Sandwich Thread (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Skeeta said:
My boss made me some from scratch. It was the effin best thing i've ever eaten, so i attempted to make it myself but i ended up with something that tasted more like garlicy peanut butter :/
Yuck
Do you have a loverly recipe that i may tryyy?
Well I don't really use precise amounts of anything so it changes every time, but here's a general kinda list thing.
Get a can of chickpeas and drain about 2/3 of the water.
put the chickpeas and leftover water in a blender and add about 2 tablespoons (?) of Tahini, 2-4 cloves of garlic (2 is mild, 4 is very garlicky), some cumin (a bit more than half a teaspoon?), and the juice from half a lemon or a bit less. Add a dash of olive oil.
Blend til smooth. If it isn't the right consistency add more of whatever.
Add semi-sundried tomatoes for a very tasty variant, known as sundried tomato hommus oddly enough.
Sorry if that fails in any way.
Way awesome with turkish bread.
Done

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Turkey, Swiss Chese, Mayo and Cranberry Jelly

Sundried tomato, cheese and salami

ham + cheese (melted a bit)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sundried tomato is the shit. Maybe next time I make my prosciutto manwich I'll include it.

Skeeta

HSC
JFK said:
what a bizzare individual, do you eat everything separately like a 2 yr old who doesn't like his peas to touch his mash potatos or carrots and vice versa?
OMIGOD there is NOTHING unusual about not liking your peas to touch your mashed potato!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING I TELLS YA

oh god when i was a kid my brother used to mash his peas into his mashed potato and eat it, just to make me cry

:(

:shy:

Skeeta

HSC
oh wow. That sounds like the worst sandwich ever

:confused:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
2 Slices of White Bread
Slice of Cheese
Slices of ingham Chicken
Mayonnaise
Lettuce

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've tried that before. Didnt taste alright.

I've tried Vegemite with Tomato sauce. Yuck!

BlackDragon

HSC
Exphate said:
Honestly. Without trying to antagonise you, or create a fight, what purpose does this post serve? If you want to say something don't abbreviate it so that it is more polite or acceptable. Don't shut down people with a nothing response just because you don't like the post or feel the need to raise yourself above people that rub you the wrong way; and if you were, don't get offended on be half of the person it was directed if they didn't want to react. I mean really..

HSC
N/A
^ For what it's worth, I'm sure he could argue that the "Two slices? Well, that's new" comment was equally purposeless. Just sayin'.

That aside, I like neat and on-topic forums, so if we could have a minimum of in-thread bashing and more mod-reporting when you see something you don't feel should be there, that'd be great. Thanks :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
BlackDragon said:
Two slices? Well that's new :)

lol has anyone mixed vegemite and cheese? what's this like?
anyone mix other weird combo's?
yeah vegemite and cheese is surprisingly good lol. my sister got me to try it and i thought she was just trying to make me ill, but it's actually really good.
so is apple and cheese :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
lol has anyone mixed vegemite and cheese? what's this like?
anyone mix other weird combo's?
I always have vegemite and cheese, toasted. It's not that such a weird combo. Try vegemite, banana and ice cream sprinkles- my friend brought it to school (primary) and it was absolutely feral.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
Try vegemite, banana and ice cream sprinkles- my friend brought it to school (primary) and it was absolutely feral.
That is gross.

Vegemite + butter FTW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)