The science of it all (1 Viewer)

Just.Snaz

HSC
So I was just having this random thought about why people feel the way they feel when they're attracted to someone? Like the scientific explanation for the butterflies in your stomach, chill down your spine kinda thing? Or is there actually a scientific explanation for love?

I'm guessing it's got to do with alot of psychological stuff...

HSC
Girls will make the move. I think you would like me because i do like the moves and i really feel for them. Theres alot of girls are heavenly special when they are curious about how relationship works and how they worked from the start especially what you saying.

You're special :)

Just.Snaz

HSC
LOL.. guys I swear it was a serious question :(

and NorthRiversMatt, I didn't even get half of what you said lol

HSC
I rephase it.

Girls make the move from friends to relationships. I mean they ask the guy to become a gf/bf. I said you would like me because i like those kind of moves as it is helping me to know what is actually going on between us (some girl one day).

Theres alot of heavenly special girls out there, i am afraid they are innocent when they want to talk about how relationship works etc.

Hopefully this helps you now. :)

Just.Snaz

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
I rephase it.

Girls make the move from friends to relationships. I mean they ask the guy to become a gf/bf. I said you would like me because i like those kind of moves as it is helping me to know what is actually going on between us (some girl one day).

Theres alot of heavenly special girls out there, i am afraid they are innocent when they want to talk about how relationship works etc.

Hopefully this helps you now. :)
lol er, all I was wondering about was how science explains emotions...

Just.Snaz

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
electrical nerve impulses and concentration gradients

explains everything!
lol oh yeah, I completely understand it now :rolleyes:

Just.Snaz

HSC
Researchers say this is due to the dopamine, norepinephrine and phenylethylamine we're releasing.
okay but why? Your eyes, they absorb/see/whatever the light, cones and rods on our retina transform the light energy to electrochemical impulses, sends it upto the brain and the brain goes BAM you just saw some guy.. now if he was cute, why would we blush? Why would we release those hormones? It's just an image of a person..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Love is just a trick mother nature plays on us so that we will reproduce.

That said, there's no reason to not enjoy the ride.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You are most attracted to people who smell good to you - literally. People with immune systems that are similar to yours smell bad, and those with immune systems radically different to yours smell good. This 'scent' is actually you detecting pheromones released by the other person; you feel 'attraction' when your body reacts to these pheromones by releasing hormones (dopamine etc).

Women are better at this than men.

Pace_T

HSC
i remember on tv they tested these so called pheromones and they made 0 difference.
however on the other hand, it was that shit british show thats not very accurate. cant think of the name

Thekirk

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
So I was just having this random thought about why people feel the way they feel when they're attracted to someone? Like the scientific explanation for the butterflies in your stomach, chill down your spine kinda thing? Or is there actually a scientific explanation for love?

I'm guessing it's got to do with alot of psychological stuff...
There is an inextricable connection between science and emotions. The main theory that scientists have according to researches in oxford (see me for link) is that, humans tend to want to serve their primary function, which is the perpetuation of the species, basically the biological function. The connection with this and emotions is often hard to find, as many emotions can be illogical and irrational. Sometimes what is most logical for one to do, when serving their function, does not occur. Thus the subject pursues the illogical pattern, due to love or other feelings rather than following a more logical and rational pattern. Often this is the females, as they tend to be far more irrational at times compared to their counter-part according to oxford researches.

Emotions have scientifically been determined as impulses in the body that mimic thoughts or are believed the mimic thoughts, to the persons perspective of what emotions are.

Although this view has been subject to much controversy because the question is raised whether or not one can feel emotions, where no impulses are present. For example what if they cannot feel butterflies in their stomach? The fact is that people who generally appear to be incapable of feeling, can actually become depressed due to loneliness, but they are also capable of expressing love according to their ablity to do so. There is an extremely large capacity for the human body to express love and other emotions, to an extent where scientists are incpable of thinking it could happen but yet it does. This goes to show the lack of understanding science has over the ability of the human potential to express emotions.

Good question by the way but it is very difficult to explain i hope that helped a bit.

Evilo

HSC
Pace_T said:
i remember on tv they tested these so called pheromones and they made 0 difference.
however on the other hand, it was that shit british show thats not very accurate. cant think of the name
Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
braniac
and some british famous researcher did a doco on it - cant remember his name but he does docos on every science subject for the bbc.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Who cares, why do you want to know the science behind attraction? Everyone I know who studied it at one point or another are all heartless, cold people (i.e. ALL medical science students)

Just.Snaz

HSC
Kwayera said:
You are most attracted to people who smell good to you - literally. People with immune systems that are similar to yours smell bad, and those with immune systems radically different to yours smell good. This 'scent' is actually you detecting pheromones released by the other person; you feel 'attraction' when your body reacts to these pheromones by releasing hormones (dopamine etc).

Women are better at this than men.
:/

that makes sense.. but it's extremely weird..

Thekirk said:
There is an inextricable connection between science and emotions. The main theory that scientists have according to researches in oxford (see me for link) is that, humans tend to want to serve their primary function, which is the perpetuation of the species, basically the biological function. The connection with this and emotions is often hard to find, as many emotions can be illogical and irrational. Sometimes what is most logical for one to do, when serving their function, does not occur. Thus the subject pursues the illogical pattern, due to love or other feelings rather than following a more logical and rational pattern. Often this is the females, as they tend to be far more irrational at times compared to their counter-part according to oxford researches.

Emotions have scientifically been determined as impulses in the body that mimic thoughts or are believed the mimic thoughts, to the persons perspective of what emotions are.

Although this view has been subject to much controversy because the question is raised whether or not one can feel emotions, where no impulses are present. For example what if they cannot feel butterflies in their stomach? The fact is that people who generally appear to be incapable of feeling, can actually become depressed due to loneliness, but they are also capable of expressing love according to their ablity to do so. There is an extremely large capacity for the human body to express love and other emotions, to an extent where scientists are incpable of thinking it could happen but yet it does. This goes to show the lack of understanding science has over the ability of the human potential to express emotions.

Good question by the way but it is very difficult to explain i hope that helped a bit.
Yeah, I understood what you said but it does sound complicated.. but still really interesting :D

Thanks Kwayera and Thekirk :)

Sammy-Blue said:
Who cares, why do you want to know the science behind attraction? Everyone I know who studied it at one point or another are all heartless, cold people (i.e. ALL medical science students)
Cause I find this stuff interesting?

And maybe you don't know alot of people who have 'studied it at one point or another'? Because I sure know a few that are really cool :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)