"The Second Introduction" (1 Viewer)

larahrah

HSC
So my Extension/Advanced Teacher tells us to all write a somewhat "Second introduction" which we all call our "ranting paragraph". For example, we are studying Identity, and in a Catcher In the Rye essay, we were to make direct relation the question in the first paragraph, and in the second just rant about identity SEPERATE from the text, just being like bla identity is this, identity is that.

However, the teacher who then MARKED this essay told us all it was completely unnecessary and a total waste of time and we should be able to weave this into our responses. But my teacher maintains she is a HSC marker and to continue this practice.

SO ANYWAY, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO? I don't know who to listen to. I like the paragraph, as it helps me gather my thoughts, but I'm not going to continue it if it's going to not help me at all in the HSC.

HSC
You use the text to support your thesis, which explores the elective. Weave the "second introduction" into the body of your essay, having it seperate doesn't do you any favours because you'd be repeating yourself later on. I know how it can help but I don't think it's as good as integrating it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)