the simple stuff (1 Viewer)

it's so easy to get caught up in all the nation/conflict study stuff, but sometimes u forget the little bits from ww1, like that ikky last question

i do well in all other parts of the course, but constantly lose out on the reliability/usefulness question.. anyone got any tips for that? our teacher's drummed into us "type, author, time, content, audience, purpose/motive" - but i often get confused with actually applying these?

also, at a lecture, they said it was important to distinguish the difference between reliability and usefulness.. this too seems tricky!!

trials next wednesday... any help much appreciated :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
reliability is how much you can trust the content--like how true are the 'facts' it presents

usefulness is how much use it can be in your historical investigation--i.e. how much is the content (regardless of whether it is reliable or not) acutally going to help you?

For example, the song waltzing matilda, whilst it may be a reliable primary source as it has been established that it was composed back in early times, it may not be so useful as it does not really tell us a whole lot about what life was like back then.

Hope this helps :)

thanks guys!

what would i do without my bored of studies :D

hehe, i'll print it and distribute it to my poor disillusioned classmates!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)