The Sims 2 (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
Yeah I found that out at the start of last year.

lengy

HSC
There ain't much to do unless you enjoy following a set routine to make money and breed up your family. Gets repetitive.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
it's heaps more fun without cheats, though.

it took me three generations to save up enough money to buy this awesome bakery/house that i built. i ended up having way too many people in the house so had to kill off a few.
Now, my next challenge is to create a level 10 bakery, then a chain of bakeries.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Every time I made one of those shops I made an electronics so I could make servo, but then I ended up getting pwned with not having enough time to make shit so I got bored and stopped playing.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Man most sims1 players agree that holiday was the shittest expansion.

lengy

HSC
I've stopped buying expansions since Open For Business. I'm just relying the information.

HSC
i know, hey! it's like baby anime stuff :p

I've been buying all the expansions (not stuff packs though).

I've only played seasons for about 5 hours though because my laptop kept on dying :(

EDIT: there's been suggestions that your sims will be able to own a vacation house, or a hotel (with OFB). I'm particularly excited about both of those aspects. Often i build so many cool houses that i wish my favourite families could own more than one of them :(

Last edited:

chotty

exams-hater
HSC
sounds so fun.. i only playd up to d shop one. havent tried the holiday one, cant get it installed n ran properly. SIGH keep getting that 'please insert a cd' message. i've done d Daemon n stuff though. :uhoh:

HSC
sometimes i feel like i'm the only one who reads this thread but anyways.

Dont buy Mysims. It's terrible. Worse than Viva Pinata. All you do is talk, build furniture, paint, repeat. No secretive forbidden romances or public fights or anything. I guess i should have expected something really childish but yeah. 1 star out of 5 from me.

In other news, 'hobbies' is going to be the next expansion pack due for release next february. It is tipped to be the final expansion in the series before the sims 3 is released in late 2008 or so. There's been some really interesting tidbits of information floating around about the sims 3 including this stuff here

They've apparently recruited Richard Evans who worked on Black And White to improve the social interactions and awareness of the sims. Read the article. It's quite interesting and whilst they're still operating on a 2d platform, graphically, the basic simulation that will form the basis of the next addition to the franchise is rather exciting.

Artemis.

HSC
I wish they'd release some more info about "Hobbies", it's hard to tell if it'll be good or crap yet. I still can't decide whether I want more EP's after it, or The Sims 3. Either way it's Sims I guess :)

HSC
i definitely want the sims 3.

I get frustrated sometimes by the limitations of the current game (eg: not being able to visit a friend's house, not being able to move ur home business to a community lot and keep the perks etc.) i think more gradual aging stages/transitions and greater awareness of acceptable social conventions would be a great thing to add to the simulation.

I'm a little iffy about hobbies too. At first i thought it was going to be crap. i mean, we've already been given a tonne of hobbies such as the various craft benches and gardening. So far there's little info released to convince me that it'll be a worthy end to the series. That said, even if i dont like the hobbies themselves, i'll probably still buy the pack for the secondary stuff like i did for other packs. Like i bought seasons not for the weather but the gardening, and BV for the ability to own a second house, not just because i wanted my sims to holiday.

Pets is the most disappointing pack so far.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
The ONLY thing I miss about Sims 2 (I played it for weeks, but then I just stopped) is the toddlers. I cannot stress how awesome toddlers were, I was always the single mom who have 'woohoo' with multiple partners and gain a baby each, just to have toddlers. (I killed the husbands and grown up children in the family swimming pool). Good fun. Except once I had twins, which sucked because they kept me up all day and nearly killed me. But still, I just love toddlers in Sims 2, they were so cute and so loveable. Toddlers is the ONLY thing that made Sims 2 better than Sims 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)