The Sketch Show (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Seotmhign - The alternative to Free-to-air, cable or other satellite broadcasting..........

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
is it possible to get US networks via satelite ? because i wouldnt mind being able to watch CBS and NBC shows as they air.

chepas

HSC
Probably not beyond the realms of possibility to get American tv over here. That'd be mad. I know that that exists for French TV. www.lbf.com.au is the link (in Eng I think) for the subscription company that handles the French sat TV. There might be a lead to some American sources, or at least to other European stuff, which could lead to the stuff over the Atlantic. www.lyngsat.com has a list of satellites that are hovering in space and what they are transmitting over Asia/Pacific so maybe you might find that they transmit American stuff to a satellite hovering over near us. Though then the next challenge is finding someone local in Aust that one can subscribe to and get the all the stuff... isn't a lot of American stuff on Foxtel etc, and thats pretty recent?

Farnarcle

Actually, I like the ones where they don't say anything. Like the guy dressed in a suit of armour setting off the metal detectors, cos of his keys.

Seabiscuit

HSC
Yeah i love all the random ones.. like the one with the British Guard who takes a photo with a tourist, and then leads his family of british guard-type people away..

chepas

HSC
Yeah! The armour one was hilarious.

I like the one where the guy plays all these instruments (even thought its obvious that it's just some crappy midi/keyboard/other person) and when he finishes playing, the instrument would be attached to some part of his clothes or body, and that part would come out, like he was playing a violin and it took out the front part of his shirt! (Gawd I'm crap at explaining... Anyone get what I meant? :p)

Seabiscuit

HSC
Yeah i remedmber that one!

My favourite one ever was the one where they're all at some ENglish school or something, and they have trouble speaking.. e.g. one guy emphasises the wrong part of his words.. (senTENces), and the lady keeps saying "its alright for u lot, i've got a small vocabulary" :D

chepas

HSC
Or the one on the very first ep -

With someone complaining/describing problems/venting feelings etc like a guy and a woman psychiatrist:

GUY: (Something like) Lately I feel as if my life is over. My life ran off with my best friend, she took the kids, and turned them all against me. SHe got the house as well. I'm living in this teeny grnany flat with no electricity and .... (etc?)

THAT LADY PSYCHIATRIST: OK, I've thought over your problem and it seems to me like this -

(whingy and whiney) Waah, my wife left me, mnerrr she took the children. Boohoo my children all hate me. Waaaah I live in a hellhole.

And the one with the guy who had something that needed an ambulance and he's lieing on the ground:

HURT GUY: I think I've got a gunshut wound on my shoulder. It's bleeding a lot, and it hurts to hell. (Or something...)

LADY AMBO: OK, I've thought aobut what you're telling me and what I hear is this - Waaah I got a booboo, wah me shoulder hurts, wah I'm bleeding, oh i'm gonna diiiiiie...

lol :D

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by chepas
Probably not beyond the realms of possibility to get American tv over here. That'd be mad. I know that that exists for French TV. www.lbf.com.au is the link (in Eng I think) for the subscription company that handles the French sat TV. There might be a lead to some American sources, or at least to other European stuff, which could lead to the stuff over the Atlantic. www.lyngsat.com has a list of satellites that are hovering in space and what they are transmitting over Asia/Pacific so maybe you might find that they transmit American stuff to a satellite hovering over near us. Though then the next challenge is finding someone local in Aust that one can subscribe to and get the all the stuff... isn't a lot of American stuff on Foxtel etc, and thats pretty recent?
what if i tap into a satelite dish and get myself a set top box and tune it to my tv myself?

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
what if i tap into a satelite dish and get myself a set top box and tune it to my tv myself?
Maybe. hehe. Depends what the dish receives/what the guy that your scabbin off is subscribedd to/what satellite it's aimed at up in heaven. This Frenchie one needs a dish thats about 1.2m in diameter though, so those little tiny Foxtel/Broadband/Telstra dishes won't do, I don't think, anyway.

Thus goes the extent of my knoweldge... I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)