The Sleep Thread (1 Viewer)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Maybe another question that could be asked is: What is your preferred sleeping position?

On your side?

On your back?

On your tummy?

lala2

Banned
HSC
How many hours do you sleep ?
Around 6-7 hours, I used to be able to sleep up to 12 on the weekends but my body is so regulated now I can't sleep for more than 9. Which is a pity because I really enjoy my sleep.

If you can't get to sleep what do you do ?
Curl myself up into a comfortable position, which paradoxically involves straining my neck bcause I remove the pillow (usually can't sleep because the pillow gets too hot).

Whats the best thing to eat to make you sleepy ?
Don't eat to sleep.

What's the best way to make yourself doze off to sleep.
Curl up into aforementioned comfortable position

What position do you sleep in?
On the side, but if I'm really tired or my back is stiff or sore, on my back (which is paradoxical, but allows my muscles to stretch out).

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
usually on my back when i first drift off, but somehow i usually wake up face down.

Will try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, with an hour or 2 more on weekends. I'm sleeping at around midnight and waking up at around 7am-ish (had to get up before 6am every weekday during the uni holidays, so my body clock is still set pretty early). When i didn't have a job, anything past 10am would be the norm (but then again i was sleeping at like 2am).

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
roughly 8 hours on weekdays. today i'll be watching EPL all night, and i have a soccer game at 1030, so ill probably get 5 hours...max.

if i cant sleep i watch tv.

i like to drink milk. maybe the thought of milk helping me get to sleep helps me moreso than the milk itself.

listening to the alarm-clock radio always helps me doze off. it shucks when i actually want to listen to the radio though, so, yeah.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
This thread is for all things sleep related such as :

i sleep around six hours each night. i can't ever sleep more than eight.

i toss and turn for hours.

drink milk with honey and cinnamon.

nothing really works for me. i take melatonin and it still doesn't really work.

sleeping position. tummy all the way. sometimes side, but verrrrrrrrry rarely.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I usually sleep about 7hrs weekdays (maybe less if assignments are due the following day or whatever) and as much as possible during weekends.. I love myself and also get really shitty if someone wakes me up when I'm not ready lol.
did you mean to say that?

i.am.amanda

HSC
Anywhere from 4-7 hours weekdays, and about the same on weekends.

Watch TV. I can't sleep most nights, so I know the Pro-activ commerical off by heart :| Been better since getting Foxtel, thank god.

I don't eat anything, but cammomile tea with lots of honey and lemon and sugar works.

Watch TV/ DVD's and set the TV to "sleep" in and hour or so.

What position do you sleep in?
I sleep on my tummy, but i'm trying to coach myself to sleep on my side because I can't really breathe.

Tangent

HSC
i get about 5-7 hours on school days and 8-10 on weekends.

it usually takes me 2-3 hours to get to sleep on a school day, n i often end up reading another chapter from the book im reading.

i tried listening to classical music for a while, but it started giving me headaches, i can only go to sleep if everthing is as dark as it can get (no lights on in the house) and as quiet as it can get

i usually start on my left side, cuz it unblocks my nose so i can breath through it, then i go onto my back (i have to repeat this a few times, my nose keeps getting blocked)

i wish getting to sleep was easier..... Y-Y

chamelia

HSC
How many hours do you sleep?
If I let myself wake up naturally (no alarm) then 8 hours. Usually I can survive on 6-7.

Phone a friend. Chat on BOS. Facebook etc. This just tends to keep me up for hours though...

A hot chocolate always works well.

What's the best way to make yourself doze off to sleep
Having a very active day. Reading a book in low lighted conditions. I have fallen asleep so many times and woken later finding that I still have an open book in my hand.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
If you cant sleep- take a panadine forde.
Really does help/.
you need prescription for those though. wow once took two and i was deadset seeing double and my head was spinning for a few hours.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I have insomnia. I can't get to sleep at night. MY BRAIN DOESN'T STOP WORKING it just keeps on thinking and I can't shut myself up and make myself sleep. It takes around 2.5 hrs to get to sleep.
HELP!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I think I have insomnia. I can't get to sleep at night. MY BRAIN DOESN'T STOP WORKING it just keeps on thinking and I can't shut myself up and make myself sleep. It takes around 2.5 hrs to get to sleep.
HELP!
Same.

If it really bothers you and nothing you've tried is working, see a doctor about it.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
HELP!
What time do you usually fall asleep and wake up ?

HSC
HELP!
Yeah go see your GP. Like get some sleeping tablets. They really help.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
HELP!

Same happens to me sometimes. Just make you arent excited or worried when going to bed. :bomb:

08er

HSC
it only takes me a while to sleep when i have something exciting the next day, like the first day of uni lol

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
What time do you usually fall asleep and wake up ?
I go to bed at 9:30 but fall asleep at like 11ishh
I wake up around 6:30 (alarm) but w/e around 8:00

I am a really light sleeper, so any source of light in my room BAM I'm awake. I wake up as the sun rises because the light filters through the blinds and my room is too bright to sleep in

starlight1589

HSC
I usually try to go to sleep around 11:30pm

I wake up around 5:45am for work
I wake up around 7:00am for school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)