The Socceroos (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
http://wwiii.sbs.com.au/home/index2.php3?id=29703

Socceroos to be more active
Sportal

The Socceroos will play a minimum of 21 matches over the next four years after Soccer Australia agreed to a new broadcasting deal with Channel Seven.

The two parties agreed to the new deal on Friday, following months of negotiation.

Nine of the Socceroos matches will be played in Australia as the team gears up for its 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign.

The network will also have the first and last option to extend its deal with SA for a further four years from 2007.

SA chairman Remo Nogarotto said that the deal gives the Socceroos a lot of exposure.

"We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the revised arrangements with our long-term broadcasting partners Channel 7, which will ensure that the profile of the Qantas Socceroos is maximized in the lead-up to our 2006 FIFA World Cup campaign.

The deal also makes the National Soccer League (NSL) pay-television rights available. Seven still held the rights to the national competition despite the demise of its pay-television arm C7.

Seven retains its exclusive rights to the NSL final series.

Updated: Fri, Feb 21, 2003 06:15:46 PM AEDT

All photos copyright Getty Images

Fwoa... Now the NSL rights can be sold to SBS... Proper exposure, and I will finally get to see a few replays of the Spirit goals that I miss...
It's good for the national team, too.

bobo123

HSC
i doubt england would lose again
they just didnt take us very seriously the first time

Morgues

only playing meaningful matches once in 4 years will still screw the socceroos up but i suppose its a start

Generator

HSC
N/A
On reading it once again, I started to realise that it's a stupid deal...
Though the rights to the NSL season proper are now open, Seven still hold those of the Finals... Will Seven show the games at a normal hour? Maybe, maybe not.

The English team isn't that good when compared to others on the international scene. They are in no way superior to our own National team, and any future matches will prove my point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)