The status of Real Madrid. (1 Viewer)

jmakowiak

HSC
It may just be me, but i'm confident Real Madrid are capable of achieving much more with Cristiano Ronaldo, Alonso and Kaka under their belt than ever before. Ronaldo is often slandered in the media and is under public scrutiny quite often, and I was wondering if anybody can disagree with the statements made by goals such as those seen here:

Real Madrid vs. Deportivo Xerez Video Highlights & Interviews (20th Sep 09)

And here:

Villarreal vs. Real Madrid Video Highlights & Interviews (23rd Sep 09)

Perhaps money can't buy you victory - but I believe this to be an exception. And I understand entirely if this is a subject you've heard to much to talk about any more.

Roy9

HSC
They're still a team of champions but not a champion team.... Barcelona will successfully defend their title imo.

jmakowiak

HSC
Ibrahimovic, imo, is shit though... and the morale at madrid is ever-increasing with the wave of new talent coming in. So I think R. Madrid are real contenders for both the La Liga title and others such as the Champions League.

Numero Uno said:
lass is carrying that team
So true.... haha!
:haha:

jmakowiak

HSC
Groucho Marxist said:
ibra is shit? 5 goals in 5 matches begs to differ.
I suppose he has been consistent of late... it just seems as though every time I watch barca play he isn't doing anything.

jmakowiak

HSC
hell yes. zidane's flawless boot and rc's unimaginable curve

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
hell yes. zidane's flawless boot and rc's unimaginable curve
SO TRUE! ZIDANE WAS JUST IMMENSE. and R.Carlos peaked at Madrid, look at him now at his current club..

haha; I reckon Real Madrid have good strength everywhere now; their main players have been Raul Albiol (what a young spanish defender!!); Esteban Granero (will eventually take up GUTI's place in the first XI) and Lass Diarra (Arsenal should of kept him):sun:

HSC
They're still a team of champions but not a champion team.... Barcelona will successfully defend their title imo.
i might beg to differ this time, since Real Madrid has got Kaka and C.Ronaldo, so i'll say that they're both on equal grounds atm. We'll see who's the better team when the time comes ;)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
i might beg to differ this time, since Real Madrid has got Kaka and C.Ronaldo, so i'll say that they're both on equal grounds atm. We'll see who's the better team when the time comes ;)
true that, it'll be about maintaining their squads throughout the UCL (latter stages) and the La Liga; maybe Real should follow Barcelona in giving their talented youth a run-out against lower spanish teams.

As Real's second team is in the 2nd Division; yet they havent played any of those young guys in the main team (apart from Javi Garcia & Ruben de la Red) WHILE Barca's second team is in the 3rd/4th division, yet players like "Jeffron suarez", "Victor", "Pedro" all get subs appearances. :devil::devil:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Neither side is great in defence. But their forwards probably make up for that. I reckon Barca will hold on to the title by a couple of points. In Europe, might be a different story. I can easily envisage Chelsea parking a bus in front of goals in every tie en route to Champions League glory.

jmakowiak

HSC
shak99 said:
Ibra is alright i guess, but no where near the calibre of 68 mil + World-Class Eto'o</SPAN>
Agreed. Totally not worth what he's worth. But hey, he scores lucky goals by being in the right position at the right time, requiring minimal skill, so Barca's happy to have him.

whatashotbyseve said:
Neither side is great in defence. But their forwards probably make up for that.
Barca does - Puyol Bolsters a strong and aggressive defence, with players like pique showing real promise. Obviously nowhere near the calibre of other defensive lineups over the world, but hey, like you said, The attack makes up for it.

Real, on the other hand, is well and truly screwed for defence. Ramos is tight but sprints up the field too often and gets caught out of position; albiol, pepe and arbeloa are inexperienced and don't belong at Real. Metzelder is one player who is severely unused.

HSC
no way are they inexperienced - albiol has played over 150 games in la liga, is a full international, pepe has likewise played about 100 games in the portuguese league and is a first choice portuguese international. arbeloa? liverpool starting XI, spain squad regular. they're all very decent players: not inexperienced, just not world class.

jmakowiak

HSC
True - yet not nearly up to the standards of other European teams.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
True - yet not nearly up to the standards of other European teams.
exactly, I reckon Real just need a World-Class CB to partner Albiol, as Ramos and Marcelo can cover RB/LB well enough.

Pepe may be capped alot by Portugal but that doesnt make him a great CB...He should somewhat follow Ricardo Carvalho's defending <---- when's he is on form, strikers wont score at all.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
no way are they inexperienced - albiol has played over 150 games in la liga, is a full international, pepe has likewise played about 100 games in the portuguese league and is a first choice portuguese international. arbeloa? liverpool starting XI, spain squad regular. they're all very decent players: not inexperienced, just not world class.
+1; the only problem for Real is that when Ronaldo or KAKA get an injury, their attack looks rather weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)