The Tempest and Hagseed most prominent theme? (1 Viewer)

DiSABLEd

HSC
For people doing these texts, anyone have any idea on what themes I should memorise the most quotes from or something. I'm scared I'm going to memorise irrelevant quotes for an irrelevant theme.

TheVuk

HSC
yh bro same honestly, i think revenge is probably most important

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
My essay is based on imprisonment and how the values of forgiveness/reconciliation and knowledge/ understanding lead to freedom.

For forgiveness, initially, both Prospero and Felix pursue revenge, impeding their ability to escape. Progressively, they realize that retribution can't resolve their losses, and finally, they forgive to be free.

For knowledge, I focused on Caliban and his representational shift in Hagseed, whereby Caliban is presented as the prisoners at large, with Atwood commenting that education will be the key to their freedom.

Last edited:

DiSABLEd

HSC
My essay is based on imprisonment and how the values of forgiveness/reconciliation and knowledge/ understanding lead to freedom.

For forgiveness, initially, both Prospero and Felix pursue revenge, impeding their ability to escape. Progressively, they realize that retribution can't resolve their losses, and finally, they forgive to be free.

For knowledge, I focused on Caliban and his representational shift in Hagseed, whereby Caliban is presented as the prisoners at large, with Atwood commenting that education will be the key to their freedom.
So the quotes you memorised for the two novels were only centered around imprisonment or have u memorised quotes for other themes as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)