The Tempest: Discovery as a process of questions and potential answers (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake101

HSC
Hi all,

So I got this essay question for The Tempest (just about 500 words, ie half an essay):

"Discovery is a process of questions and potential answers" TWE has this process been represented in The Tempest.

I've thought long and hard about it, and the only thing I can come up with is:

The Tempest catalogues the process of Prospero discovering whether he ought to give up his magic and rule responsibly, or remain aloof from his peers. This is positioned as a an implicit question running throughout each episode, and "answered" by the actions of those whom he frees to act upon their true desires (M + F fall in love, A + S try to kill Alonso and Gonzalo, Alonso regrets his actions, etc.) In the end, he chooses one of these "answers" - he should have faith in humanity, and cast off his magic, and the process of discovery is complete.

This feels like some B-grade bullshit. Does anybody else have any good ideas?

Jakulore

HSC
I think before you continue you need to remember your essay structure... In my class we use PETAL.

Point
Example
Technique
Analysis
Link

So in yours you have established a point and have analysis but you have no example or technique. I'd try using a quote which best suits your point of argument and then just find a technique from there, if you do that your essay should come out fine. :)

EDIT: I am saying this in regards to allowing your draft/concept to become more clear before giving actual thought to the final essay :)

Last edited:

AmorFati

HSC
I think before you continue you need to remember your essay structure... In my class we use PETAL.

Point
Example
Technique
Analysis
Link

So in yours you have established a point and have analysis but you have no example or technique. I'd try using a quote which best suits your point of argument and then just find a technique from there, if you do that your essay should come out fine. :)
Did you actually think that was his essay

Jakulore

HSC
Did you actually think that was his essay
No, of course not, but I'm saying as a general. I feel that with the inclusion of that then it is more likely that the essay concept will sound better than "some B-grade bullshit". Irregardless, considering the fact that you have time to criticize me and the ways in which I try to help you can offer your own assistance to OP, otherwise I don't really see a reason for your presence or reasoning for posting. :wink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)