The Tempest (1 Viewer)

Natzd

HSC
haha ok don't stress!!
have you got like those little excel books coz they're really good!! but the imaginative jorney part is really simple.. look at all the magic prospero creates.. you need to use ur imagination to visualise these images, also the fact taht you're READING the play and NOT WATCHING it so you HAVE to use your imagination to understand what is happening. also Gonzalo's utopian society has to be imagined coz it's a perfect world, and no one knows what this is like.. um what else, the banquet and the masque.. ARIEL! is a spirit and ther's no such thing as spirits
so shakespeare uses poetic language (the highest form of lanugage- like high class) coz of the people that were watchin the play, he uses dramatic techniques and stage directions.. with the storm- which is also very imaginative- theirs quotes like 'bestir, bestir!" and things like that that use ! so show that the characters are confused and scared blah blah

hope that's helped? but seriously get one of those tempest excel books coz that'll help you, it helped ma and look at that essay i just wrote of the top of my head haha hope that happens on monday lol

elefdee

Please tell me someone, anyone else has done the tempest for their area of study text!
I just need a few pointers on the techniques shakespeare used in this play and how exactly this is an imaginary journey.
I beg someone to help....yes i know i have left this late but better late than never....I hope.

speed2

HSC
elefdee said:
Please tell me someone, anyone else has done the tempest for their area of study text!
I just need a few pointers on the techniques shakespeare used in this play and how exactly this is an imaginary journey.
I beg someone to help....yes i know i have left this late but better late than never....I hope.
have you tried the tempest FAQ >>http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=66654 ?

elefdee

thanx guys

yeh i might have a look at that excel book.
I've been alright with the tempest and writing essays on it so far but honestly someone please tell the board of studies to choose a shakespearian play that is not crap!! ( my teacher said it too so i am not just a bittter and cynical hsc student). My view is it was the last play he wrote so he kinda went a little loopy at the end there.

Anyway thanx heaps for the help and if anyone else has anymore suggestions you are more than welcome to suggest away!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)