The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

He's in the section with Djokovic. So a possible Djokovic and Federer semi-final again.

And about whether he plays day or night depends on the tournament director. It'll be decided based on his previous matches and other stuff cos as players are given atleast 1 day of rest before their next match.
no he is in murray's half of the draw.

and xing you cant predict when the mens quarter final will be because they decide the day before which quarterfinals will be played at night and which will be played in the day.

but the semi finals are definitely played at night and federer will be playing on the friday semi final (im fairly sure).

xing_1930

HSC
N/A

federer will be playing on the friday semi final (im fairly sure).
Thanks guys :). Yeah, I've also heard from another person (who claims to be reasonably knowledgeable) that Federer's semi-final will be on Friday the 25th. But unfortunately that match has already sold out!

So here are some options I've got:

(1) buy a Rod Laver package to the day quarter-finals (Tues 22nd 7.30pm & Wed 23rd 7.30pm), and just hope that Fed's quarterfinal is daytime. Assuming that half the quarter-finals are daytime, and half are nighttime, I have a 50% chance of watching Federer play. HOWEVER, if Fed's quarterfinal turns out to be in the night, can I try to get some tickets as soon as the schedule of play is released (i.e. the night before the match)? Or are quarters likely to be already sold out by the night before?

OR

(2) buy a Rod Laver package to the middle weekend (Fri 18th 11am, Sat 19th 11am, Sun 20th 11am, Mon 21st 11am). Assuming that Federer will play at least twice during these four days, there's a fairly good chance that one of his matches will be at daytime -- so presumably I'll have a better chance of seeing him.

halapenyo

HSC

Thanks guys :). Yeah, I've also heard from another person (who claims to be reasonably knowledgeable) that Federer's semi-final will be on Friday the 25th. But unfortunately that match has already sold out!

So here are some options I've got:

(1) buy a Rod Laver package to the day quarter-finals (Tues 22nd 7.30pm & Wed 23rd 7.30pm), and just hope that Fed's quarterfinal is daytime. Assuming that half the quarter-finals are daytime, and half are nighttime, I have a 50% chance of watching Federer play. HOWEVER, if Fed's quarterfinal turns out to be in the night, can I try to get some tickets as soon as the schedule of play is released (i.e. the night before the match)? Or are quarters likely to be already sold out by the night before?

OR

(2) buy a Rod Laver package to the middle weekend (Fri 18th 11am, Sat 19th 11am, Sun 20th 11am, Mon 21st 11am). Assuming that Federer will play at least twice during these four days, there's a fairly good chance that one of his matches will be at daytime -- so presumably I'll have a better chance of seeing him.
option number 1:
buying the night before the quarter final wont be successful for you. it will definitely be sold out by then.

the likely quarterfinals on federers side of the draw are murray v del potro and federer v tsonga. those are both blockbuster matches. but if i was forced to make a prediction i would say they would have murray v del potro at night but you cant really say.

option number 2:
he would be playing on the 19th and 21st. his third round match is prolly against tomic so he would defs be playing at night on the 19th. 4th round he will have raonic by the looks of it and that could be a day match.

i would just go with the quarterfinal tickets and hope luck goes your way and you get to watch him. worst comes to worst you get to watch a potential match between murray and del potro which would be pretty damn good anyway. or you could wait the day before the 4th round (21st) and buy the tickets then, they might not fill up as quick.

but the match on the 19th will definitely be at night. because i cant see tomic not making the third round the way he is playing.

anyway good luck i hope you get the privilege of watching him live.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

I bet every Aussie is eager for Tomic vs Federer.

I mean Tomic is in good-form, beating Novak AO king in straight sets in Hopman cup, no? :haha:

xing_1930

HSC
N/A

option number 1:
i would just go with the quarterfinal tickets and hope luck goes your way and you get to watch him. worst comes to worst you get to watch a potential match between murray and del potro which would be pretty damn good anyway.
Thanks again halapenyo, yeah this is what I'll be doing -- as you said, Murray v Del Potro is great anyway.

Fingers crossed for the Fed though!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I bet every Aussie is eager for Tomic vs Federer.

I mean Tomic is in good-form, beating Novak AO king in straight sets in Hopman cup, no? :haha:
I still remember the Tomic that was a massive douche. I hope he loses. Badly. As in, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 badly.

halapenyo

HSC

I still remember the Tomic that was a massive douche. I hope he loses. Badly. As in, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 badly.
he's changed a lot this year. better temperament on court.

he's going to win his first title tonight (unless he fuks up massively).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

he's changed a lot this year. better temperament on court.

he's going to win his first title tonight (unless he fuks up massively).
He better. Though last non-tennis story I heard about him was: "I'm not going to talk to Pat Rafter... until September" or whatever it was

Californication

HSC

I'm hoping for an Andy Murray win but I can't help but think that it'll either be Federer or Djokovic.

Marc26

HSC

Feel sorry for Hewitt..

Bye bye Dimitrov

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

go marcooooooo wooooooooooo

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Hewitt is the biggest dickhead ever, really glad he lost.

barbernator

HSC

cant believe tomic is at $1.06 with the bookies. A bit too short imo but people are backing him so they make the odds haha.

Marc26

HSC

Urgh, I just want to watch Fed play, not duckworth and mitchell

halapenyo

HSC

Urgh, I just want to watch Fed play, not duckworth and mitchell
This. channel seven is a joke.

i mean if tomic or hewitt were playing i would understand. but duckworth v mitchell is not a good enough reason to not show roger federer.

teabag

do it
HSC

Hewitt is the biggest dickhead ever, really glad he lost.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Federer crushes 1st round opponent:

6-2 6-4 6-1

Murray crushing as well:

6-3 6-1 6-3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)