The terrorism theory President Bush refuses to hear (1 Viewer)

Aime Fantasy

HSC
Re: The terrorism theory bush refuses to hear

article said:
...And he points out that during Hezbollah's campaign against Israel's occupation of southern Lebanon in the 1980s, only eight of 38 suicide terrorists he studied were Islamic fundamentalists. Most (27) were from leftist political groups and three were Christian.
That's REALLY unexpected... I think this fact (if it is true) needs to be heard by a lot of people...

banco55

HSC

misbahf said:

I'm no George Bush or any kind of political mastermind but I think maybe they should pull their forces out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

It's good to see articles like this published...you know...ones that aren't a load of crap.
Petrol prices are high enough already.

*hopeful*

HSC

article makes alot of sense, as does the theory...that its more political than religious

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC

lets see
number of americans dead on 911 = about 2800
number of afgans and iraqis dead = 150 000+
and Bush wants us to believe that he wants freedom
its absolutely ludicrous

gerhard

HSC

oh boy

Aryanbeauty

HSC

onebytwo said:
lets see
number of americans dead on 911 = about 2800
number of afgans and iraqis dead = 150 000+
and Bush wants us to believe that he wants freedom
its absolutely ludicrous
Most dead Iraqis are killed by their fellow Iraqis and I am pretty sure Afghans prefer to live under the current gov't than under Talibans.

Freedom comes at a cost.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A

That many dead is a very high price.

Yet they're still arn't free

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A

To walk outside and not get blown up

Aryanbeauty

HSC

Jordan.J said:
To walk outside and not get blown up
By all means Afghanistan is free despite occasional violence along pakistani borders. The level of violence is comparable to other countries' street crime, like in Brazil and South Africa.

Women in afghanistan can now wear any clothes without fearing being beheaded or beaten up by Taliban and go to work. Girls school enrolment is up. Men and boys can now watch World Cup Football, play football, listen radio and music and shave their beard, wear jeans and jerseys, watch Britney Spears music video, elect their own representatives and involved in governance of their own life. Thanks to the excellent policy of George Bush.

Pretty safe than living in Johannesburg or Rio De Janeiro.

banco55

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
By all means Afghanistan is free despite occasional violence along pakistani borders. The level of violence is comparable to other countries' street crime, like in Brazil and South Africa.

Women in afghanistan can now wear any clothes without fearing being beheaded or beaten up by Taliban and go to work. Girls school enrolment is up. Men and boys can now watch World Cup Football, play football, listen radio and music and shave their beard, wear jeans and jerseys, watch Britney Spears music video, elect their own representatives and involved in governance of their own life. Thanks to the excellent policy of George Bush.

Occasional violence? There's a full blown insurgency in parts of the country. Just ask the poor british soldiers who are stationed in afghanistan because all the american soldiers are busy in Iraq.

Aime Fantasy

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
Haha... I love your comparison of Joberg and Afganistan/Iraq. I'll have to tell my Grandmum about that... she needs a good laugh :) She lives in durban, but she regularly passes through Joberg on the way to capetown to visit family there.

Granted, I wouldn't live in S.A even if my parents went back and asked me to come, but it isn't as violent as you make out!

Aryanbeauty

HSC

banco55 said:
Occasional violence? There's a full blown insurgency in parts of the country. Just ask the poor british soldiers who are stationed in afghanistan because all the american soldiers are busy in Iraq.
What do you mean by fullblown insurgency? There are no such continuous fight between NATO and Taliban, only occastional clashes here and there with Taliban using hit and run tactic along pakistan border. There are hardly any insurgent activities in the north and west.

Number of people killed in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom 3000-3400 . Number of people killed in South Africa in 2004 is 20,000.

If Bush listened to all these conspiracy theories he will never get any work done.

gerhard

HSC

Did you even bother to read your source?
A Dossier on Civilian Victims of United States' Aerial Bombing of Afghanistan

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
What do you mean by fullblown insurgency? There are no such continuous fight between NATO and Taliban, only occastional clashes here and there with Taliban using hit and run tactic along pakistan border. There are hardly any insurgent activities in the north and west.

Number of people killed in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom 3000-3400 . Number of people killed in South Africa in 2004 is 20,000.

If Bush listened to all these conspiracy theories he will never get any work done.
Lol. Keep believing these are conspiracy theories mate. Naivety is good for the soul.

Aryanbeauty

HSC

gerhard said:
Did you even bother to read your source?
Not only I read my source, I also read other sources and compared their findings others include wikipedia which quote its source from another website http://www.unknownnews.net/casualties.html#afghancivilianskilled and their figure are mostly consistent with other sources.

The fact is more civilians are killed in South Africa in One year than in Afghanistan during the past 5 years.

You tell which one is more safe and free! ;)

gerhard

HSC

wait, so you believe that 3000 people died in the us bombings (what your source says), but no one has died since, including no one in the ground attacks that took place after the bombings, and no one in the last 4 years? not even including crime? (if your comparing to south africa). thats just ridiculous.

and then you go and say
You tell which one is more safe and free!
i mean do you honestly believe afghanistan is more free than south africa? have you ever been to south africa? when things like this in afghanistan are even possibilities? http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/21/afghan.christian/

Aryanbeauty

HSC

gerhard said:
wait, so you believe that 3000 people died in the us bombings (what your source says), but no one has died since, including no one in the ground attacks that took place after the bombings, and no one in the last 4 years? not even including crime? (if your comparing to south africa). thats just ridiculous.

and then you go and say

i mean do you honestly believe afghanistan is more free than south africa? have you ever been to south africa? when things like this in afghanistan are even possibilities? http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/21/afghan.christian/
According to Wikipedia Civilian dead: At least 3,485 and the Conflict started October 7, 2001–(conflict still ongoing). This civilian dead include people who died as a result of US air raid as well as casualties of ground offensive from oct 2001- today. Compared to South Africa which is not at war, people died as a result of crime since October 2001-today is 100,000 (at an annual rate of 20,000)

I don't have to be in South Africa to know how violent it is, Statistics are available for you and me to compare the two places.

If you are South African and hurt by these comments, I have no intention of doing that. I am only telling you that progress are clearly made in Afghanistan and the people are free compared to what it was under Taliban.

Generator

HSC
N/A

Aryanbeauty said:
According to Wikipedia Civilian dead: At least 3,485 and the Conflict started October 7, 2001–(conflict still ongoing). This civilian dead include people who died as a result of US air raid as well as casualties of ground offensive from oct 2001- today. Compared to South Africa which is not at war, people died as a result of crime since October 2001-today is 100,000 (at an annual rate of 20,000)
Stop avoiding the point. You're comparing the total number of deaths in one country to the number of deaths directly related to an armed conflict in another.

As gerhard said, your comparison is ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)