• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Thorpedo gets disqualified (1 Viewer)

some_random

Lol.
Stevens should never have given up his spot.
Now its up to the 3rd place winner to give it up as well, because he also had a qualifying time.

And besides that fact, the IOC have nothing to do with the Olympic selection, however, once the Olympics are on, they can give a wildcard to the previous champion/record holder if they did not secure a position in the event.

So then we could have had three people competing against every other countries two.

V-String

Yeh apparently he's gonna "announce" it sometime next week on that damn Today Tonight show... god i hate everything associated with that show. Its so pathetic! But yeh... The media are saying he's already given it up. Damn! People have been paying him (Stevens) out too, like even Thorpe on 110% Tony Squires. I feel sorry for him.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Selling your soul to the devil........ He gets $60,000 to say "Yeah, give it to Thorpie" What a sell-out!!! *agrees with someone in the Herald today* should have been press conference or whatever, why announce it "exclusively".. the only reason I can see is money... feel free to correct me..

Seabiscuit

HSC
Arghh!!!! I can't believe Craig Stevens pulled out!! Nooo!!! He's just letting the critics win!!! He should have stayed no matter what and swum in the Olympics! I bet there wouldnt be any pressure on him to pull out if someone else got disqualified! ITs so wrong that he should leave just because its Ian Thorpe. :(

santaslayer

HSC
I agree.....

but on the other hand.....if he lost, everyone would just crtisicise and laugh at him more coz everyone reckons thorpe is gonna win anywayz...but because of his own selfishness, he made australia suck.....

thats just the other POV......not my view

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it was nice of him to pull out, it sucked that thorpie false started to being with, however, i don't know what the right thing for stevens to do is, he did earn his place afterall, even if it was because of a false start

imagine if thorpe false starts in the olympics, that's too bad to imagine!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
fat chance ... unless he falls off agen, lols

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Thorpie BETTER WIN the gold. Or he will be gettin a visit from me. It is so gay that we pressure someone to give up their place just because another person that has won the thing before fails to qualify.

The media have been heaps slack to stevens and i hope the AOC compensates him somehow.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah the media have been slack, but he had to do what he wanted, and i hope he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)