• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
haha yeha it fuckin confused me and i ended up going to the wrong tut.

meh are they the same room or?
Back then my algebra tutorial was supposed to be in the Red Centre then during one wonderful morning I checked my timetable on myUNSW only to find it has been changed to Electrical Engineering building and I had almost no bloody idea where in the building it was.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
should we make notes of the readings we're meant to read? or can we get by on the slides?

proringz

HSC
Is there some sort of mark moderation/scaling system for uni maths?

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
if i'm told to go to "the union store" to get a biology dissecting kit :)uhoh:), which store is it and where? tried the arc store at the top of the basser stairs but they either didn't have the kits or else they were doing a good job at hiding them.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
My sis bought that from the arc store near the CLB, ask for the biology dissection kit, costs about $26 something.

xceler8

HSC
How do i access my cse account files? I wanna delete some files because it's already full >.<

LordPc

HSC
How do i access my cse account files? I wanna delete some files because it's already full >.<
hop onto a computer at uni and start deleting stuff. you can do it at the start of your next lab

is there any info/prediction on when the great wall of students waiting for the 891's begins to die down in the morning?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard you sleep with library admin...but thats just a thought...

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
love my college printer. You BYO paper, but toner is completely free.

Linear

HSC
Would it be reasonable to do 18 UoC for Semesters 1 and 2 then make up for the 12 UoC during the Summer term? If so, then could I do this for the 4 years of my degree? I'm doing Science/Arts

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Remember that summer is only 8 weeks and a normal semester is 12. If you intend to do a course that runs during sem 1 or 2 in summer, those courses will run more lectures and tutes per week, and assignments will be more closely bunched together (think 12 weeks of work in 8).

Additionally only a limited number of courses run during summer. Sem 1 courses are not usually offered during summer.

Summer is usually best for making up for a missed/failed course or doing gen eds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)