The 'Tomorrow' Series and the 'Ellie Chronicles' (1 Viewer)

gulamali

HSC
the tomorrow series is really good, and ellie chronicles aint too bad either.

offwithhercardi

HSC
i love all of them and i'm not even sure why. i think one reason is that the characters seem quite real in the fact that they arn't perfect and sometimes you just hate them. i get sick of reading books where the main character is always perfect. i read the first book years ago, but occasionally i still pick up one of them and just start reading again. i think thats another reason.

HSC
i loved the series. so much, i got my mum to buy the whole series for me. its currently sitting on my bookshelf, in chronological order.

tomorrow series is the type of book you CANNOT PUT DOWN. its so fast paced and gut wrenching that you cant bear to reach the last page.

however, sadly, it is also the type of book that you will not likely pick up and read through all over again after you've finished. there is no motivation to. you wont be anywhere near as excited as before.

i've been avoiding ellie cronicles. somehow, i believed john marsden should of left the series where it originally was.

also, lee was hot. they should not have so awkwardly broken up.

musicalteddy

HSC
I enjoyed the Tomorrow books immensely. John Marsden is one of my favourite authors, he just write so well, with so much emotion. Awesome books. Probably the thing I'll remember most is the death of Robyn. That was just so incredibly well written, it was really beautiful, and sad.

I've also read the Ellie Chronicles. I do like them, as an after-the-war effect thing, it's cool. Though, as all with all sequels, the original is far better.

Caiteyxox

HSC
musicalteddy said:
I enjoyed the Tomorrow books immensely. John Marsden is one of my favourite authors, he just write so well, with so much emotion. Awesome books. Probably the thing I'll remember most is the death of Robyn. That was just so incredibly well written, it was really beautiful, and sad.

I've also read the Ellie Chronicles. I do like them, as an after-the-war effect thing, it's cool. Though, as all with all sequels, the original is far better.
I totally agree. John Marsden is amazing. He seems so lovely too.

I wasn't too happy with the Ellie Chronicles, but I guess that was only because I knew it was wrapping up. You can tell someone's talented when you don't want to put their work down.

kloudsurfer

HSC
the leader said:
The Tomorrow Series > The Ellie Chronicles

perhaps its just the gore, perhaps its the steamy sex scenes, perhaps its the 'how the hell do they survive on so little food for so long', but I liked the Tomorrow Series so much more than the Ellie Chronicles.

I guess my 11-year-old self was more easily impressed than I am now, having been so much younger when reading the original series, and maybe the wait between books to come out just put me off the Ellie Chronicles.

All in all, running around the countryside and killing baddies is so much more interesting to read than Ellie sitting at home cooking dinner and managing her finances.
Exactly how i feel. I dont think i even finished the first ellie chronicle book (and I always finish books)!

I think i might get the tomorrow series out again and read them...

Last edited:

^emmie^

HSC
is circle of flight the last book of the series or is he gonna write more??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tomorrow series got shit after the third book. Especially the sixth one, they spent 400 pages talking about an uneventful walk through the bush :S

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
ooh I love these books. Have read all of them. The tomorrow series is brilliant and they Ellie Chronicles are ok but not as good as the previous series I spose because once you make a sequel you never know when it is going to end and how much of the characters you should want to know because if he wanted to, Marsden could make another triogy, it had en open enough ending for that but it would just get progressively worse I think.

Haven't noticed anyone in this thread say this so I'm going to say it HOMER ROCKS!!! Yes, he was pretty much my favorite character

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I've read all the tomorrow series and I'm just starting the Ellie Chronicles. He is a quality author who writes great books. I'd have to say that "Tomorrow when the war began" is still my favourite.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
best series i've ever read,
beats Harry fuckin potter anyday.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
had the series for a couple of years and im up to book 6... i think, i some how lost interest in it or that particular book is harder for me to get into. dunno.

do you reckon they will do a film on the Tomorrow Series?

HSC
those tommorow books are just christian propaganda tools, there not even consistant with the bible, they might be a good read for people who hardly ever read, but you might as well just read harry potter

bekibear

HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
I am starting the thread for the fans of John Marsden's Tomorrow Series and the Ellie Chronicles.

I like the character Robyn, and Ellie is pretty kool too. These two series are so full of adventures and other spices in life.

What do you think of these two series by John Marsden?
My sister had the first one for school and we all read it. yeah it's pretty cool.

Kinda freaky though, coz it really could happen :eek:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Re: Tomorrow When The War Began

I fapped off over these books, they were that gooood.

Smithereens

HSC
Re: Tomorrow When The War Began

Hasn't there been a thread like this created already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)