The Top Schools Of 2005 (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
my school isnt on that list.. neither are the a few of the public schools nearby.. we got jibbed!!!!

7th Sign

HSC
boasboy said:
oh.. dropped above 100 ? :p

nah SYDNEY TECH ! SYDNEY TECH FOR NUMBER 1. WE FINALLY HAVE A YEAR THAT CAN BEAT RUSE.

yeah sydney tech has very good teachers i got a maths tutor and a business tutor from that school and their wayyyyy better then the shitty teachers that are at my school :( not fair....

Mandy101

HSC
I go to a selective, and most of us work pretty hard.. it's not like we just end up the top for no reason. And yeah on Ruse - they get the best pick, and there's like 300 kids in year twelve or something outrageous like that.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well its obvious ruse will come out on top because they have the smartest kids and work them until they are just about to topple over and die.

normo this year will get absolutely slaughtered. they came top 10 in maths last year, but they will be happy to be in top 20 this year.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Mandy101 said:
I go to a selective, and most of us work pretty hard.. it's not like we just end up the top for no reason. And yeah on Ruse - they get the best pick, and there's like 300 kids in year twelve or something outrageous like that.
How about those who also work as hard or perhaps harder than selective school students but end up lower on the scale due to st00pid students who get 1% in exams because they are too fucking lazy (which obviously drags the average down dramatically)?

Trust me, at my school, there are students who get 1/120 for ext 2 maths, 1% in bio and the like. This affects our average so much that ultimately school like Ruse are ranked better than us. I dont fancy people in Ruse getting that sort of marks. But, here in a public school, the school cant just *kick* them out. Go figure.

A l

HSC
N/A
I think James Ruse Agricultural High School is usually on top because:
- The students are all selective.
- The best students in the state were selected in the beginning.
- Nearly everyone accelerates in a subject or two, and consequently they have more time to concentrate on other subjects.
- The competition is fierce. Nobody wants to be humiliated and end up at the bottom. Peer pressure expects people to have high marks/ranks.
- The talented students may help other talented students who are below them.
- The expected standards at the school are very high and that's why their exam papers are challenging.
- Most of the marks are squashed up at the top end in the HSC. The average is really high. A student may move up a few extra ranks with a lucky guess where extra marks can be gained. This is probably evident in the moderating process in the school.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
blackfriday said:
well its obvious ruse will come out on top because they have the smartest kids and work them until they are just about to topple over and die.

normo this year will get absolutely slaughtered. they came top 10 in maths last year, but they will be happy to be in top 20 this year.
Do you mean the top-ten school for maths in the state? Or a top-ten student? If you mean the former, then is there a list that ranks schools according to subject? Like, how schools rank on specific subjects, like maths, english or chemistry etc...

Zali

HSC
Coffs Harbour Senior College to be the top North Coast school this year and actually get on that list

gordo_yahs

HSC
Gordo

James Ruse Is Poo!!!
Yanco Is Better!!!
Stupid Poo Ruse Boys!

lala2

Banned
HSC
The school's putting pressure on us to do well because we're (apparently) one of the smartest HSC year groups to go through the school, and because we crashed and burned so badly last year. So we're definitely going up!

wanderlust

HSC
haack_m said:
it will be Freshwater Senior Campus,

the name makes it sound good
uhuh, your forgetting the full name! Northern Beaches Secondary Collage Freshwater Senior Campus! now that doesn't sound nearly as good. :rolleyes:

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
how do u find out ur schools ranking... u guys probably havent heard of my school lol... st. john bosco college engadine

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
man, my school cant be any worse its 361 !!!!
btw what does the DA thing mean on the pdf and the %?

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
never mind, i realised that reading the whole thread pays off

haack_m

HSC
wanderlust said:
uhuh, your forgetting the full name! Northern Beaches Secondary Collage Freshwater Senior Campus! now that doesn't sound nearly as good. :rolleyes:
yes yes, so true, do u go there, or one of the other schools in the colleget

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
pzellanet said:
man, my school cant be any worse its 361 !!!!
btw what does the DA thing mean on the pdf and the %?
DA means distinguished achievers so i think it means how many people got a band 6 or something like that. correct me if im wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)