The Trial Mark ATAR calculator is the only thing giving me hope rn (1 Viewer)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
thank you @carrotsss for your atar calculator bc i just input my really terrible predicted marks from my trials and it somehow gave me a really great atar so thank you sm because i’m hanging by a thread atm.

im hoping i dont regret asking this but how accurate on a scale of 1-10 would you say this calculator is? I mean it is within the range of an atar someone at my position in my cohort have gotten in the past few years so surely its decent?

carrotsss

HSC
It’s quite accurate for its intended purpose of converting 2022 difficulty marks into aligned marks and an ATAR, but there are a lot of other variables that it depends on:
  • Difficulty of your trials compared to the 2022 HSC, if you have a harder trial it’ll underestimate and an easier trial will make it overestimate. You have to be honest with yourself on this one
  • The amount you improve until the HSC, you’ll probably get better and do better on the actual HSC exam so that’ll obviously improve marks
  • Your in-school rankings - the calculator doesn’t (and can’t) account for them, but if your rankings are low they’ll weigh your marks down. For most people this should average out but if you do better for the HSC than the rest of your school assessment that could weigh you down, and same for the opposite. You can approximate this impact by requesting an ATAR calculation based on your subject ranks and school b6 count and then your overall ATAR should be somewhere in the middle

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
It’s quite accurate for its intended purpose of converting 2022 difficulty marks into aligned marks and an ATAR, but there are a lot of other variables that it depends on:
  • Difficulty of your trials compared to the 2022 HSC, if you have a harder trial it’ll underestimate and an easier trial will make it overestimate. You have to be honest with yourself on this one
  • The amount you improve until the HSC, you’ll probably get better and do better on the actual HSC exam so that’ll obviously improve marks
  • Your in-school rankings - the calculator doesn’t (and can’t) account for them, but if your rankings are low they’ll weigh your marks down. For most people this should average out but if you do better for the HSC than the rest of your school assessment that could weigh you down, and same for the opposite. You can approximate this impact by requesting an ATAR calculation based on your subject ranks and school b6 count and then your overall ATAR should be somewhere in the middle
thank you so much!! i’ll ask for another atar estimation here once i get my actual marks back lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)