The Tutor's Thread (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Basically a thread where tutors from anywhere can ask questions to other tutors and/or complain and rant about their annoying students....lol.

I have a question:

i got students who just come to class and expect me to just teach english and have nothing prepared. I've taught them in the past about all text types, made them write all text types, made them do past papers and everything. And i'm running out of things to teach, and they never bring anything that they need to learn...

what the crap do i do..

kony

HSC
give them detention.

but yes, seriously, it is a problem with english tutoring.

i suppose you need to always bring something in case, like a poem or short story to analyse.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I like my tutoring class. They actually do all the Homework I give them.
They ask questions when they dont understand which is good since i was kinda freaked out before my first tutoring session thinking
"Man, what if they dont understand and are too embarassed to tell me"

But they are really good students and the atmosphere is a friendly one

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
I agree, I was a bit paranoid when i started tutoring 3 years ago, but I really enjoy it, it's just the occasional annoying kid that pisses me off. Like some students bug the crap out of you even outside of class. One student keeps calling me and sending me her stuff to get edited and giving me deadlines to edit it....i was thinking, I have a life..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)