The TV of Our Youth (1 Viewer)

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Well, does anyone besides me feel nostagic for 'the good ol days'? The days when I could turn on the TV and watch:

* Untold animated violence in kids shows (Warner Brothers, Tom and Jerry)
* The Animals of Farthing Woods
* Captain Planet
* Widget the World Watcher
* NOT A SINGLE REALITY SHOW!!!!!!!
* Comics turned TV series (Spider-Man, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
* Transformers
* Angry Beavers
* Pokemon
* Dragonball Z/GT
* Astro Boy
* Ren and Stimpy

And as to what I watch now? Let's see...
* House MD
* Smallville
* Doctor Who (yes, I have seen the entire old and new series)
* Simpsons
* Drawn Together
* Fairly Odd Parents
* Daria
* Dragon Booster
* South Park
* Star Gate SG1/Atlantis
* Star Trek (any series)

Post what you've watched and what you watch to see just how much you've changed. Note, not all series have to be currently airing.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Most of the childrens shows now are so lame. Ten year old girls are off putting bras on their Bratz dolls and putting make-up on and the boys are out guarding their cardboard cards as if it were life support.

Catdog and Feral TV were good too.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Ship to Shore. Best show ever, in a really bad, 90s way. (They repeated it on weekday mornings a couple of summers ago. My sister and I were hooked.)

I have a vague memory of a show I really liked, but I can barely remember anything about it except that there were a couple of episodes set inside a whale. It was a friendly whale, and when they went into the blowhole they came out into a lounge room where they could sit about while the whale took them to wherever they were going. Have I been hallucinating or did that actually exist?

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
the wonderful world/the world of richard scarry, I think it was. Also, Insect Wars (the ant with the guitar that played music), Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, and there was this one show about a helicopter... on the abc. Anyone remember? Those were the days... tv is incredibly shit now.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Get Foxtel. Most of the shows mentioned are still shown there, but still they don't seem as interesting anymore.

Used to watch:
-Pokemon
-Angry Beavers
-ARGH! Real Monsters
-pretty much anything created by nickalodeon, like Pete and pete?
-Alex Mac
-Futurama
-Simpsons
-cheese TV
-agros cartoon conection

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
liverpool3k said:
the wonderful world/the world of richard scarry, I think it was. Also, Insect Wars (the ant with the guitar that played music), Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, and there was this one show about a helicopter... on the abc. Anyone remember? Those were the days... tv is incredibly shit now.
That one's called Budgie.

As you can tell from my avatar, Captain Planet ftw.

I still await the day when that series comes out on DVD.

missjohns

HSC
I remember this show called something something of Richard Scary - about a cat and his family, and the community. There was a monkey who had 3 watches on each hand haha thats as much as i remember.
Wow, Busy World of Richard Scary. I completely forgot that show existed. I immediately sought out youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgV3vdOT09I

Who remembers Lift Off? That show scared me, but I still enjoyed it.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
missjohns said:
Wow, Busy World of Richard Scary. I completely forgot that show existed. I immediately sought out youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgV3vdOT09I

Who remembers Lift Off? That show scared me, but I still enjoyed it.
Lift Off! I remember Lift Off. I never really understood what it was about, though. And didn't it have a quiz show-esque spinoff?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
noir. said:
Ah yes thats what its called.

I remember Lift Off... There was that fat dude who worked in the lobby, and there was that elevator that spoke! Lotus the name was

Theres also this other show... I can't remember what it was called, but there was a hot water bottle and its friends that'd come to life...
Johnson and Friends.

I remember Lift Off, I was trying to make my friend remember it just the other day, lol.

Matthew89

HSC
Captain Planet was absolutely fantastic! Captain pollution episode=best episode ever

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Matthew89 said:
Captain Planet was absolutely fantastic! Captain pollution episode=best episode ever
I forgot all about that episode. It was pretty darn good.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I must have watched Nickelodeon for about half the time I was alive from 7-12 (then I got the internet >_>). That said, fave shows were:

-The Adventures of Pete and Pete (I still love this though, I got all of season 1 recently and I'm watching through it again)
-The Secret World of Alex Mack
-Are You Afraid of the Dark?
-Clarissa Explains It All
-Real Monsters
-Angry Beavers

Lift-Off was good too

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
heeeeeeeeeeeaps of shows:
animals of farthing wood, alex mack, sailor moon, earthworm jim, captain planet, noddy, mr squiggle, random cartoons on agro and cheez tv, power rangers...man i watched too much tv lol.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah Mr Squiggle!

It's upside down Miss Pat!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
brogan77 said:
It was a two-parter you ignorant philistines.
Hahaha didn't we have some huge discussion about this masterpiece of television?
Widget, Animals of Farthing Wood, Pokemon, Gumby, Ren and Stimpy and Amazing were my faves

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Gumby was pretty sweet. I managed to lose my figurines in a shoe in a shoe shop. I tried to find the DVD of it a while ago actually but there's so many I can't work out which is the one I actually watched.

Amazing is the one where they go through the big maze and find keys, right?

jirwin

HSC
yes amazing was good

i liked bangers and mash, captain planet, mr squiggle, noddy, gumbi, madeline, franklin, rugrats, the busy world one, pingu, postman pat, fireman sam, and a lot of others

all the ones on now are crap specially the graphics which look hand drawn - the ones back when we were kids had heaps better graphics i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)