The Uts Awards! (1 Viewer)

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
There are balconies on the tower? Where??

And yes, being a country girl, I find the lack of grass quite disturbing. Thank god I live close to Victoria park.
welcome to the concrete jungle

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
1. BEST BAR - the clare hotel, hands down. glasshouse sucks a fat one. it's all neon and stainless steel and engineerng students and shit comedians. except the clare's filled up with trendy young things since some smh journo talked it up. pity, since it used to be full of design and communications students, activists, and old dudes from the brewery. thems were the days.

2. NICEST BUILDING - bldng 10 looks cool. but it's full of hostile IT students. building 6 is where it's at. we've got a bridge.

3. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST BOYS - not really qualified, but i'd say DAB

4. FACULTY/COURSE WITH HOTTEST GIRLS - DAB, or maybe communications.

5. BEST CAFE/PLACE TO EAT - the sushi place near maccas, esp when they have specials. alice's for the best snack under 2 bucks (rice w/sauce). pides from the lebanese place in the tower are cheap-ish, but so so greasy.

6. BEST ANNUAL UTS EVENT - pfft. uts social events suck it

7. BEST HIDEOUT/PLACE TO CHILL ON CAMPUS - vertigo offices on level 7 with a longneck and a ridiculous deadline.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Ah. I'm not a beer person, I wouldn't know... :)
sif you wouldnt have come across longneck in general day to day conversations...

Then again...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, actually, you wouldn't.

I don't talk to people whose idea of stimulating conversation is "beer".

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
well I don't talk to people whose idea of stimulating conversation is "hey, i don't drink (shining example of humanity that i am) and neither should you."

but anyway. longneck = tall beer.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
"hey, i don't drink (shining example of humanity that i am) and neither should you."
people who are like that really shit me. like i respect that people choose not to drink, that's cool. but when they try to make you feel bad for drinking and go "it's bad for you, you know" it's like. yeah. i know. and?

they're like them really religious people

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I didn't mean to cause offence. I drink too, but I just get really annoyed by people who don't have anything better to talk about than what they drink (or worse, drank). It just seems like such a waste of conversation.

MoNNiE

HSC
i don't drink... but that's cus i don't have the time.. it's okay if people don't drink... but it shits me when others try to force u

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I didn't mean to cause offence. I drink too, but I just get really annoyed by people who don't have anything better to talk about than what they drink (or worse, drank). It just seems like such a waste of conversation.
oh i wasn't implying that you were one of those people
i was just saying
but yes i agree, i once had this friend who used to keep the bottle caps off the drinks he had, and at the end of the night he'd take em out and marvel at how many drinks he had :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha! In my course there are a few guys who, once a week, try to one up each other with the amount and concentration of what they'd been drinking recently. Not to mention who vomited first/last, and on who.

That's going a bit to extremes though.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't drink a lot, but I don't have a problem with people that drink by any means. I do drink, just not a lot. But I agree with lex, I hate it when people try and impress you with their drinking stories.... I mean sometimes they can be amusing, but frankly I don't care how many tequila shots you had on thursday and how many times you vomited in your bed. That doesn't impress me.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
oh i wasn't implying that you were one of those people
i was just saying
ditto.

but yes i agree, i once had this friend who used to keep the bottle caps off the drinks he had, and at the end of the night he'd take em out and marvel at how many drinks he had :rolleyes:
keeping your bottlecaps in a pocket is actually a good idea. that way, if you wake up the next day feeling terrible, you can easily see how many drinks you had to get you there.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Lexi you sounded like your saying "You drink therefore you are a dumbass." But thats the beauty of this english language... Stuff isnt what it isnt seems..

Im not a alco, i drink socially, I like to have the big nite every now and then...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If only all language were binary, there would be but two simple functions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)