The way of the Aural skills (1 Viewer)

Hsc-mad-like-me

HSC
OK for the help of others i going to go over the ways of geting the hights marks in the hsc for musicclogy
and i am also willing to answer question, belive me u whant to read this forum caus for the 6 or year my music treacher class has been geting band 6 in music cology
first of all dose any one know the order of the 6 concepts and there points or do i need to go into this two? i'll be back later to see if any one what me to write this or not
I'm mad your mad that why i am so differnt

Hsc-mad-like-me

HSC
Re: The way of the Auril skills

well here we go there are 6 parts to musiclogy ther

1 Duration
  • Beat
  • Rhythm
  • Tempo
  • Metre
2 Pitch
  • High/low
  • Diection of pitch
  • Melody
  • Indefinite pitch
  • definite pitch
3 Dynamics and expressive techniques
4 Tone colour
5 Textur
6 Structure

this the order the concptes go in ever time (the number ones not the dote points) DPDETTS rember this letter in this order by using senctes or something like used for music notes (All Cow Eat Grass)
get me?
im mad your mad anit we all
:)burn: over and over we must repate this words so trust me :burn:)

loovy

HSC
N/A
Just a pointer to people struggling to remember the concepts.
Do People Dance To This Song (DPDTTS) or if you want to get really tricky Do Undressed People Dance Cooly To This Song. (This one includes Contrast and Unity!) Duration, Pitch, Dynamics and Expressive Techniques, Texture, Tone Colour and Structure are the main ones though... Yeah its not a particuarly good sentance but it should get stuck in your brain while your straining for what the concepts are!
If you remember the rhyme you will remember all your concepts - Hopefully!
Good Luck

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
I don't have issues with the concepts, but who would know when you can't actually come up with a topic to speak on for ten minutes.

LPangel

HSC

lol i remember the concepts with this "Don't Put Dogs Ears To The Song" i know it doesn't make sense but i remember it like that..

and i need help, can anyone help me with the viva voce thing?
i need to do a speech on a piece of music and i chose the veronicas becaouse they have to be australian and i don't know what to write, please someone help me!!

Addictd2

HSC
veronicas are crap you should have picked someone better. Theres heaps of good aussie acts like gyroscope, the herd mite have been good coz since they are v/ multicultural you could have talked bout influences.

well if u MUST do the veronicas talk about what makes them pop-rock. ie general rock band instrumentation, pop because of love-sick cheesy lyrics. dunno talk bout the concepts coz they always focus on it and i didnt kno when i did mine...

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Yup make sure you relate to the concepts. Thats always where i lose marks in my Viva's.

sammi.gal

HSC
hey all
i ahve just changed my HSC music electives to doing a viva after ig to 18/20 by an external marker, and yet i ahve no clue about what to do my viva on....
i am so lost...
could i please get some suggestions about what i can do it on?
please help me
i ahve to start my log book soon.....
cheers all
~s

TDLS89

HSC
i did my Viva on Live wire by AC/DC good auzzie band, simple song, easy to talk about just mention syncapation, apociature, the key, the scales used, Bends and shit in the solo (expressive techniques) i got like an A for it... the thing that helped me the most was having the sheet music

silvermoonjazz

HSC
Vivas for music are easy as long as you love what you are doing. Try to pick something that you already have a decent background knowledge for. I'm only doing one viva (with three performances). Because I play sax, I chose to do something related to techniques involved. Vivas aren't just for songs and the concepts, think of something you love, why did you choose music in the first place? A particular style? A favourite musician? A really cool intrument? The best thing you can do is choose a topic than you have an interest in and possibly some background knowledge.

Chillaxe

HSC

LPangel said:
lol i remember the concepts with this "Don't Put Dogs Ears To The Song" i know it doesn't make sense but i remember it like that..

and i need help, can anyone help me with the viva voce thing?
i need to do a speech on a piece of music and i chose the veronicas becaouse they have to be australian and i don't know what to write, please someone help me!!
DONT BE SILLY!!!!! the veronicas will work FINE! im no fan... i would throw a rock at them if i could, or a brik. honestly... im a jazz/funk kindag guy with gigs and whatever so im open minded i guess. Viva's are easy. the TOPIC is the hard part. you need to find a topic which is reasonably easy to find all the information you need. the six concepts will help, but the examiners arent going to ask something like 'explain the use of contrast and duration, and how it applies to the modern world of rock'- if you specifically base your Viva on... say... ' The Veronicas- with reference to pitch and musicallity in modern rock' - or something like that. My understanding is that examiners wont ask you something which doesnt relate to your specific topic. Therefore, NARROW DOWN YOUR TOPIC!!! IF YOU LEAVE IT TOO BROARD YOU WILL HAVE TOO MUCH TO ANSWERE TO!!!! ... please correct me if anyone thinks i am wrong, for i am also a yr 12 student, and we all get a little confused sometimes :D:D:D

LiLaShYbOoxXx

~doodle~head~haha~
HSC
omg.... i'm so confused... lol so basically you what??? come up with a statement about a song and then say and this is why i'm right... blah blah and rattle of examples in the song???

hmmmm lol fooked if i know...

Chillaxe

HSC
LiLaShYbOoxXx said:
omg.... i'm so confused... lol so basically you what??? come up with a statement about a song and then say and this is why i'm right... blah blah and rattle of examples in the song???

hmmmm lol fooked if i know...
no... do you even know what a viva voce' is? maybe you should ask your teacher because i dont think you understand the fundamentals. but dont wory... its pretty easy. jus find some, ANYTHING, any band/song/instrument or whatever that applies to your schools unit, and find as much info as you can. all you need to do is make a topic, and have all the proof to answere any kind of question that might be asked of you by the examiners. EASY! WOOOOOOOT!

hsc is death.

HSC
i have to write an essay (due tomorrow) about a "small ensemble"
i have choosen the kings of leon
but im just struggling to explain the way that they use the concepts of music in their music..or how the concepts of music relate to their style.
i have no problem with what the concepts are, just how to apply them.
the song im doing is "the bucket" if anyone knows of it could you have listena anf throw me some pointers?
thanks heaps.

xice-maidenx

HSC

hi mad-chick
i just think its blood well difficult to be able to identify
all the elementS! i can remember them but i just have trouble
focusing and concenntrating on identifying/analysing the music!?!
anyone have any pointers?
im doing my hsc this year too...

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
HOW TO GET A TOP MARK IN AURAL: HAVE PERFECT PITCH.

I have perfect pitch and consistently top the class in aural (I'm the only one with perfect pitch). Everyone else only gets 70% or below.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
At least in Music 1 you definitely don't need perfect pitch. My exam mark was 91 and I certainly don't have it, however for Music 2 I have no doubt that it would help a lot more than it would for Music 1.

ZeeZee3

HSC
Do music 2 students have to do a viva for hsc or preliminary?
Btw, perfect pitch really does help, its the only reason why I topped my grade in music. :)

qrpw

HSC
HOW TO GET A TOP MARK IN AURAL: HAVE PERFECT PITCH.
Do music 2 students have to do a viva for hsc or preliminary?
Btw, perfect pitch really does help, its the only reason why I topped my grade in music. :)
:wink:

Perfect pitch= free marks in every single aural exam, plus you can show off in the "How has pitch been used to create tension etc" type questions.

No viva voce for HSC Music 2, in preliminary it's up to your teacher (you have Gamage? then you'll probably do one), it's good practice anyway. But it won't matter even if you fail since it won't count toward anything (except possibly your ego if you do badly and not manage to come first in the grade).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)