The Weather (1 Viewer)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
At this exact moment it is about 17 degrees Celsius, while tomorrow will be at a pleasant 22 degrees. This is much more enjoyable (and survivable) than the intense heat we've been getting in the past few weeks. Does anyone have a rough idea when the weather will start to cool down? autumn and winter doesn't look so bad when you live in a hall lol.

ByrnEsy

HSC
The first frosts usually occur within 2 or 3 weeks after the long weekend. In Canberra autum and spring last about 3 weeks each, theyre kind of short transition periods between the hot and cold.
But 2 decades of living here tells me theres not really any real way to predict our weather, last year during november exams it went from a sunny 30ish degrees on the tuesday to 15 and almost snowing on the wednesday.

eq2

HSC
The weather was interesting tonight. I was driving past ANU when the road flooded and blankets of hail were falling. Everyone had to pull over beause the visibility was less than a few meters and there was very little traction on the road.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
lol B&G.

Uni canceling today has been an interesting experience, what would happen to all of our lectures and tutorials today?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Uni is cancelled until Monday at earliest.

rumour

HSC
Does anyone know to what extent the buildings have been damaged?

Someone told me that one of the floors in Chifley collapsed! I don't think it would be that serious.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Wow. Quality Canberra weather.
I can't wait to get out of the heat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)