• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The West Wing (1 Viewer)

hsb39

HSC
The West Wing may not be as current as some of the other T.V. shows around as it has finished, but I think that what I believe is the best T.V. show ever needs a thread.

So... discuss!

Ligeti

HSC
I agree.

It definitly is one of the best TV shows ever, and even when it's been a few years since it ended it is as current as ever.

The character of Matt Santos was based on Barack Obama, while Obama based some of he's speeches and expressions on the ones from Matt Santos

McCain and Arnold Vinick are very similar and Obama's new Chief of Staff was the inspiration of Josh Lyman's carachter

hsb39

HSC
Ligeti said:
I agree.

It definitly is one of the best TV shows ever, and even when it's been a few years since it ended it is as current as ever.

The character of Matt Santos was based on Barack Obama, while Obama based some of he's speeches and expressions on the ones from Matt Santos

McCain and Arnold Vinick are very similar and Obama's new Chief of Staff was the inspiration of Josh Lyman's carachter
Not to mention the fact that (one of) Obama's "opponents" might become Secretary of State (Hillary).

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You mean secretary of state

hsb39

HSC
Rafy said:
You mean secretary of state
Yes of course, I don't know what I was thinking. I think one thing and type another.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
West Wing is quite good, not only because it deals quite well with the workings of one of the most powerful institutions (if not the MOST) in the world... but also because it deals with real human actions and errors and real consequences. There are other shows that I think are just as well put together and deal just as well with problems that humans tend to have... it's a shame more people don't watch them.

Ligeti

HSC
Teclis said:
West Wing is quite good, not only because it deals quite well with the workings of one of the most powerful institutions (if not the MOST) in the world... but also because it deals with real human actions and errors and real consequences. There are other shows that I think are just as well put together and deal just as well with problems that humans tend to have... it's a shame more people don't watch them.
Which other shows are you thinking of, that would be at The West Wings level?

I personally really like The Wire though they are totally different styles.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Ligeti said:
Which other shows are you thinking of, that would be at The West Wings level?

I personally really like The Wire though they are totally different styles.
I honestly think the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly in Sci-Fi are at that level.

The Wire is pretty mad too! Also I think the new "Rush" could get to that level very easily. The Soprano's was for a while before it went down-hill. That's a couple. I think the first 2 episodes of the OC before it turned into Teen Soap was like that too :D But only those episodes. Also going back to Sci-Fi... Farscape is pretty brilliant too... has some pretty whacky Existentialism in it, some bizarre looks into the human psyche, particularly the male psyche. It has has some pretty intense characters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)