The 'What are these units like?' Thread- 2007 (1 Viewer)

K.

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Lol. Ockinga's lectures weren't that boring. I remember that he had a lot of cool slides in 100. I also remember he had something against puns. He said that they are 'the lowest form of humour.' Don't know why i still remember him saying that.
lol I loved how he copyrighted his own stuff *hieroglyph translation* B. Okinga, 1996 etc etc. *Photo* B. Okinda, 2001 etc.
He just never looked up and wasnt very exciting. Though he read something out aloud about masturbation or something, I pretty much lost it. (Yes, i'm immature :( ).

I despise Hilliard groupies. grossssss.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
K. said:
LOL DR BUTT. AHAHAH I couldnt stop laughing with DR IMPLANT, DR BUTT. oh god.

bahahahahahaha
Not as bad as Professor Knobbs

eX-Bhai

HSC
Anyone know what these subjects like? And how are the lecturers?

ACST151
ECON110 (Is it true that this unit is essentially the year 12 economics course?)
MATH132
STAT171

Thanks in advanced.

havy

HSC
eX-Bhai said:
ECON110 (Is it true that this unit is essentially the year 12 economics course?)
Not exactly, econ110 covers more topics and in more depth, it also requires better understanding (where as ppl can just memorise everything for HSC Economic).

But still, you can cram both HSC economic and econ110 in about 3 days and still get pretty good marks:)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
eX-Bhai said:
Anyone know what these subjects like? And how are the lecturers?

ACST151
MATH132
STAT171

Thanks in advanced.
acst151 is one of the most enjoyable courses in first year actuarial. Most of it is relatively easy but you really need to study it properly as parts of the exam can be difficult.

The class tests are simple. The assignment is simple if you can write in English.

K.

HSC
melsc said:
Law203 - Contracts
Pol167 Thinking Politically
soc233 Social Policy
Soc 236 Crime and society

:wave: Thats three bosers doing it now!

The topic outline makes it look so damn good too.

K.

HSC
I should be enrolled...but I still can't access it. Don't we need a special password?

Rahk

HSC
Kegs said:
If anyone wants to know anything about these, ask away:

JPN110,111,112,221,222
Yes, please. :)

Anything you care to share about them is fine. JPN112 has been replaced by another unit, but I assume it's similar.

I'm also interested in JPN190 if anyone has done it.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just a follow up to my earlier inquiry, i was wondering if textbooks are a necessity in the following subject?

STAT272
COMP115
ACCG253

hello2004

Just a follow up to my earlier inquiry, i was wondering if textbooks are a necessity in the following subject?

STAT272
COMP115
ACCG253
STAT272 - Most people say the book sucks but I disagree. There are plenty of exercises which I think are needed since the tutes don't suffice. It also doubles over as the required book for STAT271.

COMP115 - Can't comment but I didn't buy it and I didn't need it.

ACCG253 - Compulsory. Tute exercises are based around the textbook.

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s said:
ACCG310 - aint as painful as what i used to hear.

It's not the most interesting subject, but it's do-able. The kind of unit where u have to be 'meticulous' mostly.

they changed the lecturer/textbook/order of topics as from sem2 last yr and apparently the failure rate went down.
I'm doing ACCG310 semester 1. I'm repeating. First unit I ever failed. EVER. I did it first semester '06, so I'm really glad to hear it has been changed and is 'easier' now (a few people have told me this).

I failed it because I'm pretty stupid with accounting (great choice of majors, in that case!) and I really suck at journal entries. Therefore, I avoided doing any work in until the week prior to the exam. And by then had missed too much of the consolidation to catch up. And one question in the exam was worth 40% of the total and was all about consolidation and I got about one journal entry out of about 20. Thus, I failed :burn:

But I'm not going to rest easy knowing it's supposedly easier this semester. I know it's a crap unit and it creeps up on you if you don't keep up with it.

PS Hi everyone :wave: This is my first post. And it's long. Bad habit of mine :)

Last edited:

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Thanks for the heads-up, Stacey. I'll make sure I don't let 310 get the better of me. And by the way, welcome to BoS, I hope you enjoy your flight with us today.

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
mishy89 said:
can anyone tell me about the units ECH113 and EDUC105?
I can! :) I did both last year...

ECH113: This is an easy subject (play resource folder assignment is very time consuming though) - if Sheila is still the unit co-ordinator then all will be fine. She is a fantastic lecturer and is very organised, friendly & helpful. In tutorials you even get to play with toys to analyse them and role play in groups with the toys.

EDUC105: I mostly found this unit pretty interesting and not too difficult. Most of the unit is learning about Kohlberg's theory of moral development (both assignments are on this too). Assignment 1 was a 500 word literature review on Kohlberg's theory and assignment 2 required me to interview a teacher (that you find yourself) about the moral development of one of their students, then writing a report on this.

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Miss Daisy said:
I'm doing ACCG310 semester 1. I'm repeating. First unit I ever failed. EVER. I did it first semester '06, so I'm really glad to hear it has been changed and is 'easier' now (a few people have told me this).

I failed it because I'm pretty stupid with accounting (great choice of majors, in that case!) and I really suck at journal entries. Therefore, I avoided doing any work in until the week prior to the exam. And by then had missed too much of the consolidation to catch up. And one question in the exam was worth 40% of the total and was all about consolidation and I got about one journal entry out of about 20. Thus, I failed :burn:

But I'm not going to rest easy knowing it's supposedly easier this semester. I know it's a crap unit and it creeps up on you if you don't keep up with it.

PS Hi everyone :wave: This is my first post. And it's long. Bad habit of mine :)

u'll be better off this time missy! no more journals!! well, there were at most 6, as opposed to sem1 where i heard it was all journals! they used a "worksheet" - system this time!

the txtbook has been changed as well! it's one written by the new lecturer himself. ah coolness!

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just wondering if anyone knows what these units are like:

STAT271 - is it harder than stat272?
ECON201
ACST255 - i know people have said before that its harder than acst200, but is the content similar to acst200? Seeing as it has stat271 as a prerequisite I'm guessing its there is more emphasis on topics like Stochastic Models?

Also is the textbook required for ECON201? Co-op site says Macroeconomics (Australian Edition) Blanchard Edition: 02E06. Is this the same as previous years?

Thanks

P

pLuvia

I've been told by a friend that stat271 and acst255 are harder than stat272 and acst200 respectively... dont know if it's true though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)