The, "Who hasn't studied" Thread (1 Viewer)

beckywecky

HSC
With a little over 24 hours to go before the Extension English 1 exam, I thought I'd waste my time here making a thread to see who else hasn't studied, rather than using my time productively.

Leeeeeet me see, I haven't read Anil's Ghost, I've read half of Skull Beneath the Skin and it's been a long time since I've watched the Big Sleep. Oh, and I've lost my Real Inspector Hound play.

Uh oh.

:D

zvezda

HSC
*raises hand* Yep thats me! I hated the topic so much, but still can't do anything about it now... less than 24 hours to go... good luck, maybe all us not study people can prove to all those hard core study people that study is overrated! (I said the 's' word way to many times in that sentence)...

Ext is my last exam, so atleast it's a short one ^^

Good luck all, I'm doomed but still I might write a fantastic story and get bonus marks for making the exam marker laugh or cry from the sheer intensity of the story... I wish!

ellejay145

HSC
Firstly, you are so lucky it is your last exam, i have two more!! Legal and IPT, boooooooooo. But anyhoo, the thing that gets on my nerves (because i <u>have</u> studied and am only on here during my break) is when people don't study but still manage to ace a test. Although if you havent even read your set texts:
firstly, how the hell are u still in your extension class? our teacher worked us so hard because we were the first ever extension english class to run at our school, and even one lesson she made the boys sit in the corner and read The Skull Beneath the Skin because they hadnt done so in their own time.
and secondly, just hope the creative question doesnt ask you to be one of the characters in your set text.

well goodluck to everyone, you people that havent studied better not beat me :wave:

HSC
i have economics, legal and sorII all in a row next week..

im not complaining, just making a point that theres more important things to study for:)

so yes.. down with studying for extension!!!

i have seen 3/4 of the big sleep.. and all i have to show for it is the quote "you're cute!"

best of luck to the people who made the effort to study..much respect!

B35tY

HSC
ellejay145 said:
Firstly, you are so lucky it is your last exam, i have two more!! Legal and IPT, boooooooooo. But anyhoo, the thing that gets on my nerves (because i <u>have</u> studied and am only on here during my break) is when people don't study but still manage to ace a test. Although if you havent even read your set texts:
firstly, how the hell are u still in your extension class? our teacher worked us so hard because we were the first ever extension english class to run at our school, and even one lesson she made the boys sit in the corner and read The Skull Beneath the Skin because they hadnt done so in their own time.
and secondly, just hope the creative question doesnt ask you to be one of the characters in your set text.

well goodluck to everyone, you people that havent studied better not beat me :wave:
Don't worry. Whatever question they throw at us, we'll be able to do it better than those guys. There's no way they'll beat us, the hard work will pay off.

I hope.:)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
ahahahaha! DAZ MEE! havent wotched big sleep, read skull whatever it is =s and hound i was away when they gave it to us.. lol BUTTTT i managed to come 17 in my school filled with 30 ext pplz =)! heheh n got 35/50 in trialz riting outta my ass =)! that worked then hope it works again! =)! ahahah buh v did major work whic was a essay which i fudged lol reed n memorise dat (even doe i dnt kno what it is) lol i wil be fineeeeee =)!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
"LOLZ SAID THE FEMME FATALZ - I PWNED YOUR ASS nOOb!"

Me and a friend going over creative writing on MSN :)
Don't worry, we're just being sexy jerks, and i've done good study hopefully, *prays to the god of English Extension for a good exam, not like maths extension*

Master Gopher

HSC
Adds to prayer: Please please no text types, a nice straightforward essay would rock.

Trillium

HSC
*raises both hands*
i hated crime fiction. Well... i hated how we have to talk about eberything in a text in so little time. stupid CF. anyway. I have two spare units, so im planning on failing.
That, and i've got latin, SORII, and art next week. eugh.

i just don't get it.

zvezda

HSC
ellejay145 said:
firstly, how the hell are u still in your extension class?
My teacher didn't like me so she ignored me and just gave me a crappy mark. Actually I think about 6 people in my class read the books, so I'm not the only naughty one...

Anyways good luck and kisses all round
XX

beckywecky

HSC
*Goes crazy.

I don't know how I've stayed in the class, there are only 4 of us remaining though, the teacher is good and relatively lenient when it comes to not doing the work. I make up excuses all the time, he laughs but tells me to get my arse into gear... Too late for that now! Even though I was such a horrible student, he gave us all graduation presents, which were a crime novel of somesort... Perhaps it was a form of encouragement to get another related text.

I read the blurb.

Haha.

Well, almost exactly 24 hours to go. As aforementioned by someone else, I reallllllly hope the creative writing piece won't ask us to be a character from one of our prescribed texts, or to write an alternative chapter etc. Give me a stimulus material and it'll hopefully be okay! They better not ask about contemporary crime fiction cause all I know about Anil's ghost is that the main character's name was Anil and she was Sri Lankan.

Oh dear God help me. No university is going to want me after all these stupid failed exams! Haha.

So, effective last minute methods of study anyone?

beckywecky

HSC
SomaFairy said:
this sounds so stupid now but how many prescribed texts do we really have to learn? is it always 2?
At least two. Marking guidelines, from memory, say that three is probably better.

velociraptor

HSC
Last minute study?

All I really did was familiarise myself with my related text. Which pretty much just involves skim-reading one of Poe's, and looking at the blurb of my Agatha Christie novel. To be honest I haven't even done the latter.

I don't have much a problem with my prescribed texts. I've read a summarised version of The Skull beneath the skin and picked up a bunch of quotes over the year. I enjoyed Stoppard's because it was nice and short. And The Big Sleep, I've seen it more times than can be helpful (those lessons could've been spent doing, you know, work). That's not to say I'll do well. I know my texts but answering the questions...

I'm also hoping the other question does involve some kind of stimulus material. Original narratives are the win.

Cat_Orange

HSC
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Actually, I did a little bit of study but I honestly hated the subject so much that I just don't really give a damn. If I could have dropped it throughout the year, I would have. I'm hoping for an essay, because I hate other text types, and I'm hoping the question will be something on the value of CF. But, meh. Whatever comes along, comes along. I'll either do well or I'll do crap.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
so lets bump this thread for the class of 2007.

who's not studied yet?

~LEAH~

HSC
There is still heaps of time to study. Its not until the 2nd. :D

-pari-

HSC
N/A
sure it's not. but who's going to be studying ext english till the 2nd, when we all have at least 3 - 4 exam in between to cram for.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
-pari- said:
sure it's not. but who's going to be studying ext english till the 2nd, when we all have at least 3 - 4 exam in between to cram for.
I've got all of mine from the first friday to the second friday !
Then I have nearly a week for Ext. study, which I don't really need.

Can I get a woo :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)