The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Weird. If its anything it may be the mobile site is down or my signal I am currently in a rural area with limited signal around me so maybe its a signal problem. If I can't access it soon I will ring up work to email me it or something.
Yeah I was having trouble off my iPhone yesterday. I had to login on my computer to do it.

Funny though, how the only sections of the all yours site that are optimised for mobile browsers is epayslips and the online rosters. Woolies really need to design their websites better.

I've been told the online rosters that are driven by the new Kronos pay system update a lot more frequently and are more reliable than the old ones... true? They always seem to reflect my current hours anyway, unless it's a really short notice flex up or something.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, it seems to pull it each night from Kronos.

The one I just downloaded says "Executed on: 22/01/2014 9.50 PM" on the top right of the roster page.

nanakid12

HSC
Oh yeah, so it does. Sweet! I don't have access to the Kronos back end, so when I'm writing up the frontend grids (we made up a form to write them out, our CSM prefers it to the actual grids from Kronos) and Priority One page I have to use the online rosters.

proflayton

HSC
I put my resume online for Woolworths Bankstown Team Member and then I handed one in to the counter. I said I saw the sign at the front and I wanted to hand in my resume. The lady said you have to apply online and I said the sign at the front of the store said to ask for the manager. She got the manager and the manager said all the positions have been filled and it was for a junior.

That is discrimination and why don't you take the sign down if the positions been filled.

This happened last year.

Tragesty

HSC
Quick silly question, how many breaks does one get on a 6 hour shift (11am-5pm)? Manager said one 30min unpaid, duty manager said 30min unpaid and 15 min tea break, and the guys at cash office weren't around.

BSammy

HSC
duty manager is correct.

1 half hour unpaid, and 1 fifteen minute paid.

Last edited:

proflayton

HSC
Are you sammy bateman or someone else. How do you get a job at woolworths. Impossible. You need connections

Hoskiies

HSC
Quick silly question, how many breaks does one get on a 6 hour shift (11am-5pm)? Manager said one 30min unpaid, duty manager said 30min unpaid and 15 min tea break, and the guys at cash office weren't around.
1, 15 min tea break.

sylo

HSC
Does anyone know what's going on with public holiday rates today and tomorrow?

Our store are letting contracted people have a paid day off today because it's Australia day, but are now saying whoever works today won't be getting paid public holiday rates because the govt have designated tomorrow as the public holiday. A number of people have come into work today under the assumption that they will be getting paid pub hol rates or because their managers have told them they will be (my manager told me i would be, thats the only reason i came in today). Is this right or not?

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC
Is anyone else getting millions of complaints about hot cross bun being sold too early? I'm so sick of it, it's not like we're forcing people to buy them!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

BSammy

HSC
Does anyone know what's going on with public holiday rates today and tomorrow?

Our store are letting contracted people have a paid day off today because it's Australia day, but are now saying whoever works today won't be getting paid public holiday rates because the govt have designated tomorrow as the public holiday. A number of people have come into work today under the assumption that they will be getting paid pub hol rates or because their managers have told them they will be (my manager told me i would be, thats the only reason i came in today). Is this right or not?

If you're on a contract(full time or part time) and are working either today or tomorrow you get that day as a public holiday.
If you're working both today and tomorrow you only get one of them as a public holiday.

If you're a CASUAL then today is normal sunday rates, and tomorrow is public holiday rates.

BSammy

HSC
Just want to say that this is stuff people should know, stores should encourage people reading the Agreement and knowing their rights re public holiday days, amount of breaks in a shift, etc...

the know knowledge you give yourself, the more power you give yourself.

For example I'm actually enacting 2.6.2 to get myself an extra 8 contracted hours a week (because that is the average amount of flex up hours i've done over the past year.) the CSM is finding it tricky to work out where those hours will be, but that's not my problem. :D

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Very important to note that if you work on Sunday and Monday then you are able to choose which day you receive the public holiday rates for.

Only a few nightfillers on tonight. Lots of volunteers to work for $52/hour though. :lol:

30G0947

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, a little bit off topic here - I was serving on register today and a customer and her friend/sister/whatever presented a Staff Discount Card. I don't always check staff cards but this one had a male's name and a "(1)" at the end, signifying it to be a primary card. The customers were, once again, both female so I requested ID. She said she didn't have anything on her, to which I replied "a credit card or anything with your name on it would be fine." She then said "I have HIS drivers license if you need that." From thereon I knew it definitely wasn't her card. I said in a polite voice "Ok, under the Woolworths Limited Staff Discount Card policy, a card may only be presented by the person who's name is printed on the card, I may ask for ID upon presentation and I am obliged to confiscate the card if it is presented by an unauthorised person." She had a huff and puff and asked if her husband could come and pick it up, to which I replied "I have to pass this card onto my store manager and they will then contact your husband's store's manager and I'm not sure what happens from there." She didn't have much to say after that and wasn't rude or anything, but the next part is what got me. Being 7pm the manager wasn't in so I handed it to the duty manager straight away as I was going on a tea break and explained why I confiscated it. The DM then said that they would have "told them not to do it again and to get a secondary card". I apologised and went on my tea break. 5 minutes later the DM walks into the tea room where only I was seated and told me that they "didn't mean to sound nasty but you're just an operator, not you, not the service supervisor or even the CSM are authorized to do that...you can't just take someone's discount card away from them..."

So any persons out there that have experience with this topic and know the discount card policy and/or where I can find one, your feedback would be much appreciated...Thanks :)

Last edited:

TafeHereICome

HSC
If you're on a contract(full time or part time) and are working either today or tomorrow you get that day as a public holiday.
If you're working both today and tomorrow you only get one of them as a public holiday.

If you're a CASUAL then today is normal sunday rates, and tomorrow is public holiday rates.
My manager was like no it's normal rate if you're rostered, so part time. However if you're contracted full time then youll get the double and a half or w/e

Hi guys, a little bit off topic here - I was serving on register today and a customer and her friend/sister/whatever presented a Staff Discount Card. I don't always check staff cards but this one had a male's name and a "(1)" at the end, signifying it to be a primary card. The customers were, once again, both female so I requested ID. She said she didn't have anything on her, to which I replied "a credit card or anything with your name on it would be fine." She then said "I have HIS drivers license if you need that." From thereon I knew it definitely wasn't her card. I said in a polite voice "Ok, under the Woolworths Limited Staff Discount Card policy, a card may only be presented by the person who's name is printed on the card, I may ask for ID upon presentation and I am obliged to confiscate the card if it is presented by an unauthorised person." She had a huff and puff and asked if her husband could come and pick it up, to which I replied "I have to pass this card onto my store manager and they will then contact your husband's store's manager and I'm not sure what happens from there." She didn't have much to say after that and wasn't rude or anything, but the next part is what got me. Being 7pm the manager wasn't in so I handed it to the duty manager straight away as I was going on a tea break and explained why I confiscated it. The DM then said that they would have "told them not to do it again and to get a secondary card". I apologised and went on my tea break. 5 minutes later the DM walks into the tea room where only I was seated and told me that they "didn't mean to sound nasty but you're just an operator, not you, not the service supervisor or even the CSM are authorized to do that...you can't just take someone's discount card away from them..."

So any persons out there that have experience with this topic and know the discount card policy and/or where I can find one, your feedback would be much appreciated...Thanks
I dont give a fuck, if someone hands it to me ill scan it and hand it back.

HSC

So any persons out there that have experience with this topic and know the discount card policy and/or where I can find one, your feedback would be much appreciated...Thanks :)
Sounds wrong to me! If they didn't want unauthorised use of the Staff Discount Card then they would let any operator confiscate it. I think you did the right thing! It clearly says on the back of the card; Unauthorised use of the card will result in the card being confiscated at point of sale or something along that line. I personally don't check staff discount cards in express alerts but if your an operator its good that your doing your job right. I would have showed your DM the Code of Conduct and say it doesnt make sense that I can't confiscate it. Also the way the DM said not to do it again and apply for a secondary card is stupid. Say to the DM thats how repeat offences happen. The way she said to you that your just an operator is discrimination. Next time you see your store manager ask if you can have a short conversation with him/her and explain the scenario on what happened, and then tell him/her about telling the customer not to do it again and to apply for a secondary card and about how the DM discriminated about your role. If no action is taken about this then I believe you can call the SDA union about the discrimination part. Back to the topic with the card im sure your manager will be able to take appropiate action next time. If you ever confiscate a discount card again then put it in an envelope and leave a note stating why it was confiscated.

HSC
Does anyone know of any age restrictions on the electric pallet jacks? Today I was assisting a store with short staff and I went into the backdock there to find a person under 18 unloading a truck right in front of the LL manager. I asked if you want that I would finish unloading the truck. They said whats wrong with him and I said don't you have to be 18 and they replied to No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)