The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

jas62

HSC
Hey everyone!!

just doing my daily rant!! lol
I'm seriousy so over my acting service manager/2ic she is just a fuckwit and thats putting it in a nice way. She does not know how to use people planner lol. There is random supervision shifts for random people at random times and she says that the computer does it. Our register are already $35.00 short after monday nothing can be done about it because 8people use the one register because she didnt spot check it all day!! I said it wasnt good enough and she was like it was busy and dont tell me its not good enough i'm your manager. She seriously so painful like say there are 5 staff members on and it's not busy for a minutes she'll have one off doing magazines one filling drinks and one doing impulse bars and wont get her staff members back on until their are about 3 trollies waiting and about 6 people waiting at express. She doesnt follow the grids GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Oh i just can't stand her at the moment. I hate it how they seem to give the whinges everything they wont and i bend over backwards come in on my day off to work if they're really short and all they do is treat me like shit it fucking sucks!!

peterperthh

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Where can I check how much $ my store makes?
You probably dont have access to the figures,
The best way to find out would be to ask the manager of your department (or2IC), they shouldnt mind telling you because sales after all is why we are all there, and being interested in them suggests that you are taking an interest in the company making money which is a better attitude than just 'rocking up to work then going home'.

Woolworths potentially doesnt make the information available to everyone because its not really in the interest of the store to be seen as 'gunning for a good number', but rather just making themselves appear to customers as a provider of a good service and caring for their experience.

I didnt really hear anything about how much money my department or store was making for months and months when I started working, but eventually you work out that its very much the biggest concern for department managers and upper management.

Last edited:

@who

HSC
Evolution2006 said:
did they tell you why thats bs in my Opion, it must be harder to get a job @ safeway now compared when i got my job.

i read the the term & Condiditions and i said my wallet got stolen and i would've throught they would replaced it by now.
They said "Due to the high calibre of applications...". I dont see how my resume can get any better; those who applied must have been uni students? I honestly dont know but its Bull shit.
If anyone here is apart of woolies management see what you can do to get me any position at woolies- and yea i know you have to "apply online".(please)

PSAG

HSC
Just received a reply from the HR Officer saying that they'd be really keen to interview me for a number of assistant manager positions coming up in Petrol. Seems like a decent stepping stone.

HSC
@who said:
They said "Due to the high calibre of applications...". I dont see how my resume can get any better; those who applied must have been uni students? I honestly dont know but its Bull shit.
If anyone here is apart of woolies management see what you can do to get me any position at woolies- and yea i know you have to "apply online".(please)
sometimes theres just too many applicants for the amount of positions available???
I know that doesn't really help you, but it may be an explanation.

rissile86

HSC
Hi, I'm a FT department manager 2IC at a woolies store in QLD. I am thinking on going on a bit of adventure while i'm still young (21) like travelling Australia. Just wondering can I go casual and just work at different stores across australia? I shouldn't have any problems getting positions due to my experience skills etc, just wondering if its allowed and/or possible?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
rissile86 said:
Hi, I'm a FT department manager 2IC at a woolies store in QLD. I am thinking on going on a bit of adventure while i'm still young (21) like travelling Australia. Just wondering can I go casual and just work at different stores across australia? I shouldn't have any problems getting positions due to my experience skills etc, just wondering if its allowed and/or possible?
interesting you mention this, because there was an article in Xpress (u know that woolies internal magazine thing) about a couple who went travelling around Aus working at different stores, so it must be possible?

Maybe contact Xpress to get in contact with the couple to see how they did it?

edit:

If you would like to have your say, contact:
Mail Xpress, Woolworths National Supermarkets, Norwest,
North Wing Level 4, N4.C7.U.07
Email xpress@woolworths.com.au
Office Services Type in ‘Xpress’ in the nickname/listnames field
Phone (02) 8885 4967 Fax (02) 8885 0352

tillllly

HSC
Re: cigs

danberg said:
wow a woolworths blog..some pppl are seriously dedicated. I love my job at woolworths...well SAFEWAY, anyway I just wanted to ask the experts:

Is it true that it is illegal to refund cigarettes???

cos i did it after my service manager said it was ok, but another time the store duty manager said no way, against the law.

ANY THOUGHTS???

PS. Aftert marking one year at Safeway, I have never been spoken to about draws being under, nor have I heard anyone being spoken to at our store(guess its about trust)
hey mate
yeah its illegal to refund cigarettes if and only if the plastic has been takin off. If its still in good nick and they just want a different packet then there is no law

x

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Re: cigs

Fantastic. The produce manager has gone away for two weeks so I am now manager for two weeks! It's time for me to put my mark on the place (If I were a Dog, I'd pee over the loungers)

The coolest thing I'm looking forward to is December 1st, when we can put up our Xmas decorations. That is going to be so awesome!

Although there is some bad news ... I'll be working every day for the next 17 days. Mainly because our produce assistant can't start work til 9, so on the days I'm contracted to have off, I have to come in 5.30 - 9 to start work on the load. I can't have my veges sweating in the sun. Every hour out of the chiller it looses one day of life. Oh well, I don't mind...I'm getting the manager's pay rate, so why not ;)

nice5uy

HSC
hey lordtopcat r u doin produce if u r jus wonderin wat kind of things do u do in produce, please be specific

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
nice5uy said:
hey lordtopcat r u doin produce if u r jus wonderin wat kind of things do u do in produce, please be specific
Normally, I am the Assistant Manager. These are my duties:

- Stocking the shop straight from the load. We are a small store, so only order what we need per day, and have very little overstocks.

- Maintaining AutoStockR reuiqrements. (QuickWinz 9, 1, 4; Negative Stock am, pm; Random Review, Overstocks etc)

- Cutting & Wrapping - Fruit (Pineapple, Honeydew, Rockmelon & Watermelon) & Veg (Cabbage, Cauliflower, Pumpkin)

- Update & Maintain Drill down menus for POS.

- Cleaning

- Crushing Boxes

Evolution2006

HSC
Looks like my store is for Major Shake Up, my nightfill Manager has just Left Finally sweeeeeeeeeeeet:D, then i just found out My store manager is leaving aswell, plus they tring to shift other department managers apparently , :jaw::jaw:

rissile86

HSC
My manager told me today that you can spend up to $1000 at BigW, DSE etc and it will be tax deductable but you can only make 2 transactions. You just fill in this paperwork and attach your receipts to it and your done. It dosn't have to be work related either. I breithly seen the pamphlet on it, i pretty sure it's new.

HSC
Found out yesterday our store does $1.3mil. Never knew how much, funny though coz apparently we're losing customers at 'an alarming rate'.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
rissile86 said:
My manager told me today that you can spend up to $1000 at BigW, DSE etc and it will be tax deductable but you can only make 2 transactions. You just fill in this paperwork and attach your receipts to it and your done. It dosn't have to be work related either. I breithly seen the pamphlet on it, i pretty sure it's new.
that doesnt sound right; r u sure? Tax dedutability is usually handled by the ATO

rissile86

HSC
townie said:
that doesnt sound right; r u sure? Tax dedutability is usually handled by the ATO
yeh not sure on exact details, i think maybe you send this form to the ato, it might be only for salaried employees, i will find at more next week. Big W is doing 10% staff discount tomorrow!

HSC
Ohh I forgot, I wanna go to Big W to get in early for xmas stuff. Isn't there a DSE one in a couple of weeks? But its 20% or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)