The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
probably a new agreement, and i'm not suprised, sif get paid more for working past 5pm on sunday! we dont get extra-extra sunday pay till after 9

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I don't think I'll get the everyday money card. Have to get trained for it on Tuesday though grrr boring.

nicollette

HSC
Woolworths Question

Hi,

Only Thursday I went to a group assesment at woolworths. It all went pretty smoothly except for the awkward silences when you finished a task really quickly and had nothing left to do, and the guy next to me was a weirdo so I didn't go out of my way to initiate conversation which kind of sucked, the prospective employees were all around 40-50 years old so I was the odd one out being 16. I aced the little matching the right code/product test at the end, and figured out the prioritising activity pretty quickly.

Anyway its been 2 days and I haven't heard from them, not even a rejection letter so I was wondering how long does it usually take for them to contact you in regards to whether I do/don't have the job?

Thanks

HSC
Re: Woolworths Question

Don't worry, at least a week is normal. Its common for them to do a stack of interviews and then assess the candidates.
And, as already said, watch your emails, because thats where they'll tell you what to do next, (ie second interview/induction etc)

Scinery

HSC

i work at big w, ii ended up waiting 5 weeks and then they called and asked me to come to an induction 3 days later. You get an email i believe if you dont get accepted.

CieL

HSC

1. There is a Woolworths thread. Use it.

2. You're not the only applicant they are processing. The head office has heaps more important shit to do, so two days is practically nothing. If they don't contact you 1.5-2 months later, consider yourself rejected. I always keep my options open all the time anyway. If you get another application of interest [from another place] you can always reject that if Woolies calls you back [if you prioritise it over the other places].

CieL

HSC
milocole said:
If i work past 5pm after sundays at BigW as a casual (after hours, store shuts at 5) do i get a special rate for "after ordianary hours"

I was paid +70% for a while for my last hour, and then it suddenly stopped

??????????????
lol I doubt it.. because those are pretty ordinary hours.. Just that your store closes way early.. We only get paid more if we work before 6am, then after 9pm on a Sunday..

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
You cant use everyday rewards with Staff discount can you?

and when you use them together, with each card having a different card holder etc.. the register goes crazy??

HSC
milocole said:

and when you use them together, with each card having a different card holder etc.. the register goes crazy??
Thats right, it will only accept one, because the register reads a staff discount card as an everyday rewards card, just allows that 5% discount as well.

mlee72

HSC
milocole said:

It should say "" CONTROL CHECK 31 CARD ALREADY ACCEPTED"" or some thing to that effect

nicollette

HSC

Well the guy just rang me up for a 2nd interview and I've only waited 1 and a half weeks which is awesome..hope I get through (and to think I wanted to work at KFC.....) :D

HSC

Do not ever work at KFC! They mariginally underpaying you! Like they did to me! Grr!!

CieL

HSC

Urgh.. definately choose retail over hospitality.. I got sick of coming home smelling like grease at my first job..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)