The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think Coles has potential. I like their new promotions. But they don't seem to be doing much refurb and as a result their stores look tired. On the other side, I really don't know where Woolworths go from here. But when Costco arrive here, I reckon both Coles and Woolworths are in for a rude shock. A lot of people will shop there imo. And why not - it will be like a Aldi with brand names in an IKEA sized supermarket. And that is just the grocery side, Costco offers the equivalent of a Big W/Target too. I don't think either side has given it much thought.
guy from Norwest tells me Woolworths is currently in negotiation with them for some kind of deal, not sure of specifics, but i think woolworths is trying to get a slice of the pie

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anything more come of the supposed National Agreement? That was supposed to be reason for the sorry excuse of a pay rise WA staff got in the last negotiation.
still being negotiated last i heard, i think it will take a while, there's a big discrepancy, not just in pay, but in conditions, between all the states.

pokerchoker

HSC
Are you guys sure it was a pay rise? Everyone's pay will have gone up a little from the tax cuts that just took effect.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you guys sure it was a pay rise? Everyone's pay will have gone up a little from the tax cuts that just took effect.
lol, i dont think we get paid enough to qualify for the tax cuts.

Automatic pay increases on 1 January and 1 July each year (except when a new agreement is being negotiated, then we have to wait for backpay)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yay, guise, this rise is MASSIVE.

Also, I asked a few pages ago what's considered to be reasonable grounds for taking personal leave. Can anyone direct me to either the EBA/some other official thing/their own experience/knowledge with regards to this?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Do they usually mail out our Tax forms or make us collect them instore?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Never taken personal leave, I assume family sickness/attending a funeral, stuff like that. You can't take annual leave?
Well, I sort of really want to/need to take it short notice. For a few weeks or something.
But it's not a family ilness/funeral.

HSC
Re group certificate:
My store won't give them with payslips, they make you go upstairs and sign for them yourselves.
But there's generally signs up to indicate when they're available.

But Milocole, are you still working for Woolies?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Re group certificate:
My store won't give them with payslips, they make you go upstairs and sign for them yourselves.
But there's generally signs up to indicate when they're available.

But Milocole, are you still working for Woolies?
Ours is the same, they put a sign up near the fingerscanner asking us to get them from the cash office when they became available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)