The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
I hate doing 45 minute breaks, they are a bitch. Especially when I like having my half an hour and then later in the break having my tea.

greatapoc

HSC
Does anyone know what the deal with backpay is? I've heard numerous murmurs here and there about it but no definitive answer as to whether we're getting it or not and how much.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I often think thats a prerequisite for woolworths management, so congrats on assuming your rightful place!
I think Australia is a bit more strict on the prerequisites, more people etc.

YOU ARE 18!?!!?!?!?!!?!?! Gosh I imagined you as like 26.
Yes indeedy. People often mistake me for being older than I am.

Last edited:
HSC
Sheesh kebab. OK when you've quite please tell us why everyone hates you. Yeah maybe moving jobs sounds like a prime idea. Or stores if you can't find a new one? Mmm i wouldn't advice direct sales. "HI HAVE YOU PLAYED PAINTBALL BEFORE!?!?!!?" "Haf u fucked off befor??? *guffaws*"
Yeah I don't like them paintball people either, no offence.
"have this voucher for 2 for 1 paintball"
"okay" *walks off*
"give me my $25 i never told you about"

lulz.

anyway its not that everyone hates me perse. Just my SSM/SM/2IC that have major issues with me. Oh and the grocery 2IC, but thats nothing new.
New job = priority. Except I'm being really picky so it obvi isn't that much of a priority in the back of my mind.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Argh, I worked 2am-10 on Monday, and then I went out drinking that night, and now my sleep patterns are all fucked up!

I mostly blame Woolies; sif drinking is bad?

On another note, doing the ends is quite easy; half the time there is no stock so its merely a case of facing up! *bless' demand spikes*

_be

HSC
ok guyss. first post here.
been at safeway for 2years now. im only 17. ive worked everywhere except liquor and cash office, even done duty one night! im a trained service supervisor and do relief when someone is sick.
Hello guys, first post!
Anyway, unless my CSM is just plain stupid, I was told you had to 18 to become a service supervisor?
Not that that stops me from helping out the supervisors when I'm doing open/close. :D

Cheers.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Hello guys, first post!
Anyway, unless my CSM is just plain stupid, I was told you had to 18 to become a service supervisor?
Not that that stops me from helping out the supervisors when I'm doing open/close. :D

Cheers.
well it makes sense in terms of my store as supervisor runs the smoke shop as well...

but not sure about others

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
HSC
Hello guys, first post!

Cheers.
Depends on the store/CSM/state (with regards to tobacco laws etc).
I've worked with a 15 year old supervisor. She was mighty mighty good. I started when I was 16.

Also, dilemma in my store today - someone steals a knife, do you chase/confront? According to our (female) grocery manager you do :S

timw7845

HSC
Depends on the store/CSM/state (with regards to tobacco laws etc).
I've worked with a 15 year old supervisor. She was mighty mighty good. I started when I was 16.

Also, dilemma in my store today - someone steals a knife, do you chase/confront? According to our (female) grocery manager you do :S
fuck no... if its a knife you never do (well i wouldnt and have been told not)... same if its an armed robbery you get the fuck out of the way and let them get what they need...

deal with it later..

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol, today we had a shoplifter caught with ~$250 worth of stuff from our store, and a bag of stuff from ANOTHER store (all nicked).
And while all the managers were in the office talking to her, there was a punch on between the trolley collectors & centre security in the trolley bay.
Fun fun!

Cheemeister

HSC
Reppin' the Fresh Food People!

Woolworths Carlingford, the sole Casual staff of the Carlingford Bakery. It's a pretty good position, the works good, the pays good and so are the colleagues. Facing having to quite before trial/HSC though...

Did a group interview at school, got called up by HR one day and said there's a position i may be suited to... SWEET!... went in for an interview only to find they weren't expecting me (awkward) then get a call back saying they want to hire me!

I am ridiculously amused someone made a thread for this.. really? There's that many youths in Woolies around the country? Crazy days!

Peace

timw7845

HSC
Reppin' the Fresh Food People!

Woolworths Carlingford, the sole Casual staff of the Carlingford Bakery. It's a pretty good position, the works good, the pays good and so are the colleagues. Facing having to quite before trial/HSC though...

Did a group interview at school, got called up by HR one day and said there's a position i may be suited to... SWEET!... went in for an interview only to find they weren't expecting me (awkward) then get a call back saying they want to hire me!

I am ridiculously amused someone made a thread for this.. really? There's that many youths in Woolies around the country? Crazy days!

Peace
why do you think that is... it involves this sign $

HSC
fuck no... if its a knife you never do (well i wouldnt and have been told not)... same if its an armed robbery you get the fuck out of the way and let them get what they need...

deal with it later..
Oh I agree, and so did everyone else - just our groc manager was like, nah, don't sweat it (about the knife).

She's a tough nut :p

HSC
I'm cutting my hours down heaps in the next week, only can work sundays or tuesdays, I have my trials/ hsc approaching

jirwin

HSC
I'm cutting my hours down heaps in the next week, only can work sundays or tuesdays, I have my trials/ hsc approaching
Just during school term or the holidays as well? I don't envy you at all :p

I've got one more assessment and 2 days left of TAFE and then on holidays for 3 weeks. Put in unavailable at work this week so that I had time to get everything done and decided to have the weekend off while I was at it - as a 'mini' holiday as I'm assuming my holiday will be filled with TAFE assessments and work.

HSC
Just during school term or the holidays as well? I don't envy you at all :p.
School term, and I am going to work like 2 all day shifts over the holidays, but think i'm going down to Conjola in the second week, with few friends. still all depends, because lately I have been doing like 20 hour work weeks aswell as school and it killing me!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)