The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC

Here's a picture. It probably still looks blue, but it's just the lighting I think. The checks are really noticeable, a lot bigger than they look in the total image photos.

Up close:

Katebrunner

HSC

Here's a picture. It probably still looks blue, but it's just the lighting I think. The checks are really noticeable, a lot bigger than they look in the total image photos.

Up close:
Silk sheets, oolala!

Xantios

HSC
N/A
I quite like the new front-end / store services shirts. But those green polos look so unprofessional.
They're fairly comfortable, and the dark colour is practical at least.

When I started people in nightfill could wear whatever they want. With the longer trading hours we have now that doesn't work, save for the few people who do start later on.

nanakid12

HSC
Why can't I find anything to do with sick leave in the agreement? :(

I need to know when the managers can request a medical certificate. I thought it was only when we have more than two days off in a row?

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A

I need to know when the managers can request a medical certificate. I thought it was only when we have more than two days off in a row?
Page 65
(c) Not withstanding the Fair Work Act 2009, employees will be entitled to 2 single shift absences per year without having to produce proof of illness, except if the absence is before or after a public holiday. On all other occasions of absence the employee will prove to the satisfaction of the Company, and provide such documentation as required by the Company, that he/she was unable to attend for work on the day or days for which the personal leave is claimed.
Documentation means:
(i) if it is reasonably practicable to do so - a medical certificate issued by a registered health practitioner as defined in the Act;
(ii) if it is not reasonably practicable to provide the Company with a medical certificate, a statutory declaration made by the employee shall suffice.

BSammy

HSC

I mean they can request one, but all that will really happen without one is you won't get paid the leave (apart from your first two single shift absences a year that aren't adjacent to a public holiday without a certificate)

If you know you still have those days and wish to use one of them, but your department manager is asking for a certificate anyway then they're just trying to inconvenience you, probably because it's hard for them to replace you, you're making work for them.

If you didn't get paid, it's only one day, and you haven't had your two shifts yet, ask the office and remind them that you're entitled to it, they should fix it up.
(Doesn't apply for more than one day off)

seilk5

HSC
N/A
I got a group interview coming up and I'm an introvert/shy person. Feels like I'm not gonna make it.

How are you supposed to beat 20 other people competing for the job? There are people older and more qualified than me (I'm just a 19 year old uni student), and I'm obviously not gonna be the best at talking over 20 other people (is it 20 people in a group interview?).

How many of the 20 people do they choose? Does that mean you need be like the top 5% to get a job? It's just a supermarket job?

Katebrunner

HSC
I mean they can request one, but all that will really happen without one is you won't get paid the leave (apart from your first two single shift absences a year that aren't adjacent to a public holiday without a certificate)

If you know you still have those days and wish to use one of them, but your department manager is asking for a certificate anyway then they're just trying to inconvenience you, probably because it's hard for them to replace you, you're making work for them.

If you didn't get paid, it's only one day, and you haven't had your two shifts yet, ask the office and remind them that you're entitled to it, they should fix it up.
(Doesn't apply for more than one day off)
Or just do a stat dec. Its easy and free, and it looks like they have to accept it?

djhol4

HSC
N/A
oooh, nice! why didnt you just keep some of the operators back? or get the DM to give you supervisor privileges?
not a single operator wanted to stay back so selfish when so many of them ask to swap shifts and get others to cover for them. They want people to scratch their back but they wont scratch anyone else's. The day duty manager called over 15 other stores during the day apparently trying to find a replacement but nobody wants to work on a Saturday night, most think they'll exceed their hours, also alot of workers hold out for call-ins to work on sunday so say no to saturdays.... finding a replacment for a saturday nigth is no easy task

Also the DM wasnt in so he coudnt give em numbers, he gave me them a few days later though thanks god

BSammy

HSC
It's getting freaking desperate recently

I was on annual leave this weekend and they called like begging me to work, hopefully that makes it OT because it was a quite long shift.

djhol4

HSC
N/A
apparently ill be getting a login in office, whats the difference between service supervisor and service manager access on office?

what are the functions of each, how do they differ?

the way to go

HSC

Up close:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THERE BE A PEN POCKET!
im still waiting for mine:(
_____

I got a group interview coming up and I'm an introvert/shy person. Feels like I'm not gonna make it.

How are you supposed to beat 20 other people competing for the job? There are people older and more qualified than me (I'm just a 19 year old uni student), and I'm obviously not gonna be the best at talking over 20 other people (is it 20 people in a group interview?).

How many of the 20 people do they choose? Does that mean you need be like the top 5% to get a job? It's just a supermarket job?
been quite a few years since mine, but i was really shy as well (and trust me when i say retail definitely changes that for the better!) you definitely get a chance to be noticed, and to be honest theyll be looking more for younger people than older people, and of all the people that applied for my store,they all got in, so dont be too worried, you'll do great! :)

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC

Chances are they will hire almost everyone at the interview. You've got to be pretty useless to get rejected by woolworths, it's not like it requires much skill or intelligence to do our jobs lol. But seriously it will be fine, just try to act confidently.

nanakid12

HSC
No pen pocket on the shirts! :( I was like.... really?!

apparently ill be getting a login in office, whats the difference between service supervisor and service manager access on office?

what are the functions of each, how do they differ?
Service Supervisor access can't do much. Check basic reports, like Pos Over/short summary, service team action.... can log people off remotely and a few other things.

Service Manager has a lot more functions which I'm not 100% sure about cos I don't have it. I know they can change and add checkout sign ons and stuff like that.

the way to go

HSC
woo! dreamworks heroes! (youre supposed to read that sarcastically)

i cant see parents getting as into this one just because a) only one card per $20 so seems like less value for money and b) not even slightly educational. anyway seems like theyre now peddling as much crap as possible with dreamworks markers, cups, colouring books, albums and plushes. seems like a too blatant money grab to me :\ but hey, whats the bet that the still didnt make enough albums? :p

Katebrunner

HSC
woo! dreamworks heroes! (youre supposed to read that sarcastically)

i cant see parents getting as into this one just because a) only one card per $20 so seems like less value for money and b) not even slightly educational. anyway seems like theyre now peddling as much crap as possible with dreamworks markers, cups, colouring books, albums and plushes. seems like a too blatant money grab to me :\ but hey, whats the bet that the still didnt make enough albums? :p
Totally. These promos are more trouble than they're worth. It just gives custies another reason to complain, not that they won't find one: "you don't have enough albums in stock", "you're selling hot cross buns too early", "your staff are smoking at the front of the store", "I don't like self checkout", "there's shit on the seat in the toiltet", "you're not donating enough money to aussie farmers", "you packed cans on top of bread" Omg I wish they would just shut up!

caleb136

HSC
nanakid12 is right

Service Supervisor has the essentials: POS Over/Short and basic reports needed for a supervision shift as well as EJ, force sign off, reset password and STAR report
Service Manager has a lot more stuff: Like every frontend report available (e.g store summary report, transfer funds report), EJ, operator and supervisor maintenance, as well as force sign off and reset password.
The Manager and Office Cashier menu's are the ones with all the good stuff ahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)