The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
I did mine on the 1st of July lol, just before Woolies had that massive outage.

I got $1200 back last year, but I've dropped my membership at the union so not expecting as much this year...

djhol4

HSC
N/A

So anyway TL;DR is BEWARE of anyone using the above card, Australia Post Prepaid Load & Go for any large purchases (cigarette cartons, electronics, gift cards, etc.) The card will show 'chip damaged' when used, despite not showing any visible signs of actual damage! It will prompt for a signature, but you MUST reject it. ID cannot be confirmed because the cards don't actually have any name physically inscribed on them, only a signature panel where anyone can write on it.

Dodgy dodgy dodgy dodgy!!

Anyone seen this before ?!
A woman tried to use this card the other day but it automatically rejected the card when's he was asked to swipe it....she had this look on her face like she knew it would happen, so she just sighed and walked away. I guess management cottoned on to this .... Wonder what how the whole dodgy thing worked?

djhol4

HSC
N/A
Just googled it, apparently it's part of a scam people run on gumtree and eBay etc...they get buyers to deposit money in a bank account by giving them their BSB and account number just like any other seller would, but it's dodgy because the BSB is of the bank that runs the card and the account number is the cards number, it not traceable because you don't need ID to purchase the card. By the time the bank is alerted of the fraud committed they can't freeze the funds in the account because the scammer moves them before they can, one way of which is to try to load them on to a woolies gift card. I think it's outrageous of heritage bank to enable this activity by essentially letting people open what are really untraceable accounts....

What's hilarious is that Australia post doesn't even accept this card....

nanakid12

HSC
That's very interesting!! The things they think of :/

I'm surprised there aren't stories on news websites about this though.

proflayton

HSC
I HAVE BEEN APPLYING SINCE I WAS 16
no interviews nuthing
they need expressions of bloody interest

WOW that felt good

nanakid12

HSC
Did you drop your resume in? Obviously you'll probably need your parents to take you in there if you're still under 18....

Katebrunner

HSC
Snap poll: what is everyone's worst customer experience at work?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

_be

HSC
Being abused and called a cunt because someone didn't have ID and I refused to sell smokes to their friend.
I've had similar..
Working smokeshop, had bogan mum and twelvie bogan offspring come up to counter and mum asks for a random pouch of tobacco.
Get this and ask the usual "papers or filters?" - mum asks bogan what papers he wants.
I politely advise I won't be able to continue the transaction as I believe the product is for someone underage etc.
Bogan child immediately begins hurling abuse at me for not giving him his "fuckin durries cunt" blah blah blah.
All of a sudden boom bogan mum is echoing his abuse and screaming at me as well!

They were the only two at the counter, so I very politely told them to get the hell out of the store and walked away. :)

nanakid12

HSC
In QLD it's not against the law to sell to someone who you believe is supplying to someone underage- it's the person supplying them who gets fined, and if they're parents of the minor who are buying them, then no one gets in trouble.

T_Knight

HSC
Not liking the design of it. When i first saw it, immediate thoughts were a cross between an everyday rewards card (the orange) and a wish gift card (heart & hands). The current maroon design rocks - looks wayyyyyyy more professional because it conveys "exclusivity" lol. When you pull that baby of your wallet/purse, customers reactions behind are like "woah, what is thhhhhhhhhhat?" haha

Anyways, the move definitely makes sense to consolidate the rewards card program with the staff discount entitlement (hence the streamlined orange branding). This is because many employees like myself never bothered to register the staff card with an everyday rewards program account. This previously meant missing out on a large number of "everyday saver - look for orange" sale items in the catalogue each week.

Taking a more sinister angle, also from personal experience, whenever there's very attractive sales on (popular product at half price or better) or when the 10% staff days roll around, Woolies Ltd employees are easily one of the bigger % of shoppers coming through the tills. So it makes sense for norwest office to extend the data collection and analytics to include all staff.

Overall though, will only be switching over to the 'WOW discount people card' (name just DOESN'T roll off the tongue) if they deactivate and force retirement of the old card.

T_Knight

HSC
Today kinda sucked donkey balls. Had like 3 service 60's in the space of an hour and each time I got "volunteered" to clean up ground zero. Like WTF??!!! and being pulled off smokeshop?? Seriously its an amazing coincidence that all longlife members in our store magically disappear out the back as soon as there's a spill/breakage. :mad:

Attention customers: whilst you should exercise some degree of caution when handling groceries - pasta sauce jars, dog food bags and strawberry jam should not be exceedingly difficult to pick up off the shelf and safely set down into a trolley/basket. Grrrrr!!!!

Sometimes wished we had a dedicated cleaner at our store. On a crappier note, the coles down the road does. Sigh. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)