• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

the way to go

HSC
customer told me yesterday that AE isnt turning off their signature option until March, i said "oh ok" but thought "yeah, good luck with that"
is woolies turning off on Day 1? (i know theres a transition period until october) theres been nothing on corecoms about it, i even made my own signs for registers...

T_Knight

HSC
Still nothing on corecomms guys. But this article helps gives insight as to what might happen on come Friday:

Retailers and customers should be ready as credit card PINs become mandatory and signatures are phased out
Tue 29 Jul 2014 | 1:43 pm
Patrick Avenell

… Because most Australian retailers lease their payment terminals from their bank, most proprietors don’t actually have to do anything to ready themselves for this change. On Thursday evening — the night before the switch begins — banks will push firmware upgrades to POS machines around Australia. Once this has been completed, the terminals will no longer offer a signature as an option and customers must enter a valid PIN for the purchase to be completed.

The exception to this rule is retailers that own their POS terminals. These are generally the larger, major retailers. In this instance, the applicable bank should have already been in contact with these dealers to coordinate the switchover.

PINwise is a collective of Australia’s major banks and financial institutions. The group says that although some terminals will not be PIN-only until the end of the 3-month transition, on 31 October 2014, retailers should start training customer immediately.

“During this transition, the terminal screen may continue to read ‘PIN or OK’ and the cardholder could transact without PIN, however, you should encourage your customers to use their PIN rather than allowing them to sign, as they need to get into the habit of using their PIN,” said a PINwise spokesperson in a retailer training manual…
Full Article Here: http://www.applianceretailer.com.au/2014/07/retailers-customers-ready-credit-card-pins-become-mandatory-signatures-phased/

caleb136

HSC
So, our store has just started implementing a new policy that apparently has come from head office saying that only 3 people are allowed to have supervisor numbers at one time (excluding SM and ASM) so now everyone has lost their numbers including office cashiers, department managers etc. Only the CSM, 2IC and 3IC have numbers and all the supervisors have their numbers turned on and off "as needed" (when the CSM remembers). This has made the past few days very interesting, I'm a late night and weekend supervisor who got called in to do a day shift the other day, it was just me and the CSM on that day and was told that I wasn't allowed to have numbers that day, which made it very interesting when she tried to have her break as I had to call her down from upstairs everytime I had to do a refund/RTC/product withdrawal, then she had the audacity to blame me for not getting her breaks..... I just wondered if any other store has implemented this "policy".

caleb136

HSC
Yeah she isn't really comfortable giving me a barcode, don't worry I'm sure this is only temporary until she finally cracks and gives them back all the time, worst case I still have Operator and Supervisor Maintenance in my office favourites (which they dont realise) so I can always turn them back on when I need to. Luckily my 2IC is really nice and says I can have numbers when she is on and my CSM is away, I don't mind too much, it just makes it much harder to do my job as I can only do it some of the time

the way to go

HSC
well that sounds like a whole lot of BS, save yourself the trouble and tell her where she can shove her numbers :p

out of curiosity, what's everyones policy on refunding sim cards?

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah we just return it, leave in cupboard I definately (not selling it) before it either gets thrown out or returned to manufacturer for a credit.

T_Knight

HSC
Leo Burnett as the new woolies advertising agency = fail! All of it is shiny, marketing fluff. Attention to detail somewhat lacking. Where to begin - Frontend staff wearing produce shirts (oops); Recieving dock stockhand wearing DC outfits (nope); Store manager opening the roller door (since when); Produce department with no visible price tickets, except when a chick sticks a 'specials' sign in the bananas (free fruit & veg = awesome). Its just a fictitious ad, but this 'ideal' shopping experience is a tad unrealistic to what is actually delivered. Isn't that kinda setting customers expectations up for failure?

And who exactly did the casting of actors? Its too white i tell ya!! There are literally no ethnics/non-anglos in the commerical except a islander guy carrying bananas in the fields (racist?), a asian guy hidden in the meat dept group, visible for about 0.25 second and all of the sushi department workers (okay …there's the diversity quota filled). Cracked up when they showed 5 staff in the sushi dept…. haha! You'd be extremely lucky to have even ONE in there after 11am.

At the very least, Leo burnett didn't resort to the stereotypical staff poses such as the burly butcher with his hands folded. Oh wait … theres the baker … proudly showing loaves of bread in the rack basket. Ugh.

troyeabed

HSC
N/A
Does anyone no how to get the frontend phone to ring. I always see heaps of missed calls in invoice office but the frontend hasnt rung once

nanakid12

HSC
Frontend phone should ring after around 20 seconds of no one answering in the invoice office. The missed calls are because no one answered the phone in the invoice office - it was answered on a different phone (such as the store manager phone or duty manager portable)

troyeabed

HSC
N/A
Frontend phone should ring after around 20 seconds of no one answering in the invoice office. The missed calls are because no one answered the phone in the invoice office - it was answered on a different phone (such as the store manager phone or duty manager portable)
damn I thought there was a nightmode or something. Don't you reckon night supervisors should have the black namebadges

nanakid12

HSC
There used to be, you could turn on night mode and every single phone would ring, but that was far too annoying and our store frequently just left that on all the time. Since an upgrade a while back, night mode was removed.

Nah not really, they are for department managers/2ics

T_Knight

HSC
At our store, all department managers have a black managers badge but in reality they'll only wear them when state or area managers are around for inspections, audits and so forth.

Night service supervisor service only has a regular name badge as they aren't a "manager", neither does nightfill captain. However, the night duty manager DOES have a black badge (seen him wear it on the odd occasion) because when SM and ASM leave for the afternoon, DM becomes the "relief" store manager and handles such duties till store close and in our case, hangs around till late once nightfill go home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)