The Woolworths Thread (43 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
What do the Stars mean? We often have stuff like "(Produce Manager), Service 30, Star 41" called, or "(Night Fill member) Service 30, Star 11" called. What do they all mean?
We don't say "star" at our store, we say "line" but they mean the same thing. Each shop has a number of phone lines for when there's a couple of phone calls occurring at the same time. When you put a call on hold, you have to announce the line so the person can pick up the call.

For example, if someone is on hold on line 41, you dial *41 on the phone to pick up the call.

When you place the person on hold, the phone display will say what line they are on.

Ethicks

HSC
I WANT MY DOMINOES THE POSTERS ARE STILL UP SO HOW CAN YOU JUST RUN OUT?

On a serious note I was thinking how when I left Woolworths and got another job it was the best feeling telling the manager when you were going to lunch and not having to wait for them to tell you when you can take your breaks. Once you leave retail you soon realise how ridiculous this is.

If someone is confused by using a phone I fear for their future employers... Who is the dumbest person you've worked with?

When I was working at KFC there was this total idiot who used to batter the chicken in the wrong flour (one was for original and one was for the hot and spicy/chicken strips/wings) beyond me how anyone could get confused by this and use the wrong batter. This same person forgot to add the 'secret' spices to the original batter and several times had served original chicken with no spices just flour. Funny enough 5+ years later he was working at the same hospital as me at the delivery dock all I seen was him driving around a van.. He then randomly disappeared a few months later so not sure what the go was there.

Last edited:

subtekjr

HSC
On a serious note I was thinking how when I left Woolworths and got another job it was the best feeling telling the manager when you were going to lunch and not having to wait for them to tell you when you can take your breaks. Once you leave retail you soon realise how ridiculous this is.
My manager in Produce lets me go whenever. On Saturdays they give us a time frame because otherwise there are problems with people wanting to go all at once, but during the week, we can go whenever. Same with Teas. And even if I'm told to go to break, I don't mind because there is never a time where I don't like the time I'm going to lunch.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember when i first started working. didnt know the min shifts were 3hrs. So in my 2nd ever shift, coz I was doing tasks with another worker that would otherwise require one person, we finished early. So i didnt have anything else to do, so i left after 2hrs lol without telling the manager

Ambility

HSC
Service 40 is a price check. I don't even use the service calls anymore I just say what I need. Unless it's security I call service 100.

From memory, the calls are:
10: Service supervisor required
20: customer service required
30: telephone call.
40: price check
50: first aid required
60: can't remember ha. Trolley collection maybe?
70: building emergency
80: bins are being emptied at the back dock, so you can take your rubbish out there
90: phone call for Store manager
100: Security alert
200: product recall

Oh and Priority 1, for people to come and serve. They use this in the Deli as well when it's busy but mainly registers :(
Service sixty is a reminder to check for hazards.

Xantios

HSC
N/A
I wish we could run out. We literally have over 60 boxes upstairs, and they finish Tuesday.
We ran out and I was overjoyed. :D

Though, as Nightfill Manager, I didn't expect my job would involve answering the telephone at 8:30pm on a Thursday night just to be yelled at by some old lady because we have none of the dominoes left. Apparently *I* was responsible for the fact we had none of the damn things and that *I* was responsible for her upset grandchildren. :blink2:

Last edited:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
In our store we use:

Service 15 - Visitor
Service 16 - Maintenance Signature required
Service 20 - Customer Assistance (VERY rarely)
Service 30 - Phone call (I always announce it as Service 30,41. Service 30 Line 41)
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 60 - Spills
Service 80 - Bins are open
Service 88 - Check for Hazards on the floors (Was referred to once as "Spot the Grape"
Service 100 - Urgent Assistance - Usually liquor with a thief.
Service 200 - Product Withdrawal/Return to Shelf etc

Thats all we ever use!

bernie14

HSC
Is service 200 the one where the screen goes blue (blue screen of death as I like to call it)?

Katebrunner

HSC
A bit embarrassed to be a woolwortirian right now. What were they thinking with the anzac thing!?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
In our store we use:

Service 15 - Visitor
Service 16 - Maintenance Signature required
Service 20 - Customer Assistance (VERY rarely)
Service 30 - Phone call (I always announce it as Service 30,41. Service 30 Line 41)
Service 40 - Price Check
Service 60 - Spills
Service 80 - Bins are open
Service 88 - Check for Hazards on the floors (Was referred to once as "Spot the Grape"
Service 100 - Urgent Assistance - Usually liquor with a thief.
Service 200 - Product Withdrawal/Return to Shelf etc

Thats all we ever use!
Lel i rmbr the time i witnessed some guy getting held up right before he made a run outside after stealing some stuff

T_Knight

HSC
So, I did a relief close shift just the other day at a small "metro" store. And when it got down to closing time, noticed that their closing announcement was quite different from my own store's one. Just out of curiosity, which format is 'your' stores closing call more similar to??

Our store goes like: "Good evening customers, the time is now 10 o'clock, and this store has ceased trading. Could you please finalise your purchases and make your way to the available checkouts. We like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths [blah blah], Australia's Fresh Food People. Just repeating, this store is now closed." Announcements at 15mins, 10mins, 5mins to go.

Relief store went like: "Attention customers & staff, the time is 8pm and this store is now closed for the day. Would you make your way to the checkouts customers if you wish to have your groceries processed. On behalf of management & staff, we'd like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths [blah blah blah], The Fresh Food People." Started announcing at 30mins, 20mins, 10mins ... gets really annoying lol.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
So, I did a relief close shift just the other day at a small "metro" store. And when it got down to closing time, noticed that their closing announcement was quite different from my own store's one. Just out of curiosity, which format is 'your' stores closing call more similar to??

Our store goes like: "Good evening customers, the time is now 10 o'clock, and this store has ceased trading. Could you please finalise your purchases and make your way to the available checkouts. We like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths [blah blah], Australia's Fresh Food People. Just repeating, this store is now closed." Announcements at 15mins, 10mins, 5mins to go.

Relief store went like: "Attention customers & staff, the time is 8pm and this store is now closed for the day. Would you make your way to the checkouts customers if you wish to have your groceries processed. On behalf of management & staff, we'd like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths [blah blah blah], The Fresh Food People." Started announcing at 30mins, 20mins, 10mins ... gets really annoying lol.
At our store, Its usually "Attention Customers, as the time is now/past 9pm, this store is officially closed. If you could please assist us by making your way towards the checkout to start finalising all your purchases. And we'd like to thank you for shooping at Woolworths Riverton". Only do it at closing time/just after

If a manager does it, we sometimes get Attention Customers, This store is now closed. If you could please assist us by making your way towards the checkout to start finalising all your purchases. On behalf of management and staff, I would like to thank you for shooping at Woolworths Riverton".

BSammy

HSC
mine was "attention please customers, this store is closing in approximately (15/10/5) minutes, please make your way through the self serve checkouts to finalise your purchases, and thank you for shopping at woolworths ***********" and then, if i didn't hate work too much that day i'd say something like "the fresh food people" or "more savings every day"

half sarcastically, but those are like our slogans or whatever so i can't get in trouble for saying them right? :D

no one elses was the same as mine, and i didn't give a shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)