The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Katebrunner

HSC
Why do customers with accounts always come at the busiest time of the day :cry:

This also applies to:
* carpet cleaner hirer
* "what kind of Telstra phones have you guys got at the moment?"
* when a customer needs a receipt but the cashier has already moved onto the next sale so you have to go to electronic journal and print it but it prints out the back in the office
* customers at smokeshop "what's your cheapest packet of smokes?" or "whats cheaper per smoke, Bond Street 40s or JPS 26s?"

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah work would be so much easier without customers

nanakid12

HSC
Well I don't mean like that, I just mean that... "Murphy's Law" I guess... those sort of things only happen at the busiest time of the day :(:(

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Does anyone else's Woolies have a new menu for the checkouts? Ours has had it for nearly 2 weeks I think and it's pretty good imo

undertides

HSC
Does anyone else's Woolies have a new menu for the checkouts? Ours has had it for nearly 2 weeks I think and it's pretty good imo
I've only had it for two shifts but I really like it so far. Seem to be serving customers much more efficiently as a result.

bernie14

HSC
I'm also a +1 for the new menu. A few customers in SCO are having trouble adjusting to it though.

subtekjr

HSC
That the new Produce drilldown screens? It took the front end folk a little while to get used to, but from what I can tell it looks a lot faster, and cleaner. I can fit way more onto the Popular screen now, and things like Lady Finger or Red Tipped Bananas don't get scanned through as Cavendish now. Not dealing with so many negatives now

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think it was changed so operators could actually get the produce selections more accurate. Some people including myself would get lazy and put apple varieties as whatever was in the popular without thinking whereas now I find myself looking at the sticker because of the new menus.

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone know if its possible to make your own drill down menus?

Was trying to make some in the Item Groups section on Office but none of the menus show up. Had the idea of making it for cigarette cartons, having drill downs for popular brands (BOND STREET, LONGBEACH) instead of pulling out that insanely long list and searching through it, entering PLU etc. I have put a few popular cartons on the Cigars screen for now, seeing as how it wasn't being used for anything. My manager kinda has trouble understanding what each product is though cause it comes up with a funny name (eg. "BND ST INT GL 40X4"), so I thought having the sub-menus to make it a bit clearer.

Have put a few popular grocery items on one of the other unused screens too, such as Select 3L Milk, so people buying just this, with the correct change can head straight through and I fix it up afterwards. Helps when we're really busy and they're in a hurry.

Last edited:

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Hah I'll happily take anyone's shift. I'm only getting like one shift a week since we hired a bunch of new casuals which sucks :/

quake

HSC
N/A

Was trying to make some in the Item Groups section on Office but none of the menus show up. Had the idea of making it for cigarette cartons, having drill downs for popular brands (BOND STREET, LONGBEACH) instead of pulling out that insanely long list and searching through it, entering PLU etc. I have put a few popular cartons on the Cigars screen for now, seeing as how it wasn't being used for anything. My manager kinda has trouble understanding what each product is though cause it comes up with a funny name (eg. "BND ST INT GL 40X4"), so I thought having the sub-menus to make it a bit clearer.

Have put a few popular grocery items on one of the other unused screens too, such as Select 3L Milk, so people buying just this, with the correct change can head straight through and I fix it up afterwards. Helps when we're really busy and they're in a hurry.
The problem is that just making a new menu doesn't make a new 'button' on the right hand side of the POS screen, so you can never bring up any of the new menus you're making. But I wonder if it might be possible to add some kind of submenu, within one of the menus you already have? So you could have a button in MISC ITEMS, say, that would bring up your cigarette list, or even a list of further submenus? I'd experiment and see what happens, there are a lot of drilldown options in Office, not sure what they all do.

nanakid12

HSC
The problem is that just making a new menu doesn't make a new 'button' on the right hand side of the POS screen, so you can never bring up any of the new menus you're making. But I wonder if it might be possible to add some kind of submenu, within one of the menus you already have? So you could have a button in MISC ITEMS, say, that would bring up your cigarette list, or even a list of further submenus? I'd experiment and see what happens, there are a lot of drilldown options in Office, not sure what they all do.
Yeah that's my thoughts too... I'll have a look this week if we're quiet and let you know if I have any success.

EDIT: Random, but just curious, anyone know why the Bourke Street Metro store in Melbourne is closed this weekend? Is it closed all weekends? All the other Metro stores are open...

Last edited:

StudyToDeath

HSC
I'll happily have your shifts too.
Same problem here, they hired to many staff.
They ended up changing one of my 3hr shifts to 5hrs, that's better now :D

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
I don't think asking for a contract is unreasonable or seen as bad. Just say that you're looking for more stability and I'm sure they'll understand.

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A

Which type of user in office do you have to be to change this? Is systems OP enough or do you need manager? I only have service supervisor and systems op.

Barrysmith

HSC
Hi all , Was wondering. I'm currently getting trained as a ssa and then will get sso training. How hard is sso ? :) I was also wondering: i had to add someone to the smoke shop bank in office as there shop acess dropped out. after 5 minitues of clicking around i found the tab :p , they had sales mode 1 and 2 ticked , i looked at my name and i had 1,2 and 3 so if i'm right that would be svr menu access ?? what would sales mode 4 do ? Dose anyone know what each individual sales mode dose ?? Sorry if these questions look stupid but i get anxious asking those questions irl. Thanks , Barry :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)