The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

T_Knight

HSC
Allyours is gone? What the fuck hahaha
i know right. we were supposed toget on google+ but just get putting it off. now there forcing you to switch over to successfactors aka WOW people portal
if the darn thing was'nt so plain frustrating to register an account for, i wouldn't have to view the paper rosters on the notice board each week like i currently am haha

Katebrunner

HSC
Omg what a long and pointless message. Your over thinking it. Just tell your manager you would be interested in a supervisor position if one becomes available. The worst they could say is no. Or they might give you some things to work on so you can be considered in the future. At least they would be impressed that you put yourself forward. Nothibg bad can come from mentioning it to your manager.

But whats this about "more male supervisors"? Ummm totally illegal and discriminatory.

subtekjr

HSC
Omg what a long and pointless message. Your over thinking it. Just tell your manager you would be interested in a supervisor position if one becomes available. The worst they could say is no. Or they might give you some things to work on so you can be considered in the future. At least they would be impressed that you put yourself forward. Nothibg bad can come from mentioning it to your manager.

But whats this about "more male supervisors"? Ummm totally illegal and discriminatory.
I think the idea of the CSM is that it looks disciminatory for them to have primarily female service supervisors, so if a good, male worker wants to be a supervisor, it'll be an instant yes, rather than "we'll see if we can fit it in the budget". I doubt they're actively asking all the blokes around "you wanna be a boss? We need more men".

Katebrunner

HSC
I think the idea of the CSM is that it looks disciminatory for them to have primarily female service supervisors, so if a good, male worker wants to be a supervisor, it'll be an instant yes, rather than "we'll see if we can fit it in the budget". I doubt they're actively asking all the blokes around "you wanna be a boss? We need more men".
It should be the best person for the job regardless of gender. Its absolutely illegal for them to priortise males over females just because they don't have many males. I'd love to know what store it is so HR can get onto that CSM quick smart

nanakid12

HSC
WOW People Portal is such an ordeal to sign in to, with the long as Google "email" login. I do however like the fact that all Storenet files are on google drive.

Last edited:

subtekjr

HSC
It should be the best person for the job regardless of gender. Its absolutely illegal for them to priortise males over females just because they don't have many males. I'd love to know what store it is so HR can get onto that CSM quick smart
Maybe you're right and they're just prioritising, but there are circumstances where a male supervisor could be more handy than a female. Think a violent customer, a tall bloke is gonna have a much higher chance of keeping the customer at bay while security arrives than a smaller lady might. I don't know the reason, but I doubt it's malicious, and if they're a CSM, they'd know the rules. I'm sure the poster and the staffer who told the poster have twisted the words in some way also.

subtekjr

HSC
WOW People Portal is such an ordeal to sign in to, with the long as Google "email" login. I do however like the fact that all Storenet files are on google drive.
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't save the profile used. Everytime I get on from home, I need to go back into my account list, find my Woolies email, and then allow everything again after signing in.

bobdapeach

HSC

No need to be rude, I was simply looking for advice, thanks :)
And no, it's not illegal, sexist or anything, because my CSM didn't mean it in that way - it was more of a "They'd like more male supervisors and you're really the only one capable" rather than a "They don't want any more female supervisors, only men now plz xo DISREGARD FEMALES ALL MEN ARE NOW SUPERVISOR XO". My CSM is actually amazing and completely against sexism (as am I and we'll often talk about this), and always mentions how much they hate some of Woolworths sexist policies (such as the need to have 2 males present when taking the notes out of the dispenser in the self serve registers during opening hours or whatever that rule is idk). I would go into more depth of the conversation but I'd hate to waste you precious time writing another long and pointless post :rolleyes:
There's no need to blast your horn on a social issue when you don't know anything else beyond what I've written in one sentence of text. Maybe next time I will just keep my mouth shut to prevent you jumping to such malicious conclusions when I'm simply asking for advice for what to do in a specific situation I'm finding troubling due to my various mental health issues, which essentially make certain situations much harder for me than the average person :-}

Hopefully this post wasn't as much of an eye sore to you as my last one was.

BSammy

HSC
that's not a woolworths policy.
The actual policy is they are not to be opened when the store is trading. If they have to be, a call must be made to the area manager before the security key is to leave the office.

Then there has to be at least two people (gender unspecified) when the sco is opened.

bernie14

HSC
Does anyone know how to order a new discount card online? Our store services officer told me to look on Allyours but that's pretty much gone now...

T_Knight

HSC
Does anyone know how to order a new discount card online? Our store services officer told me to look on Allyours but that's pretty much gone now...
They took the website down when they rebranded the rewards card, so just use the woolworths rewards card hotline.
Call 1300 906 598 (obviously call charges apply)

subtekjr

HSC
You could go onto WOW People, sign in and click Benefits, then WOW People Discount Card, then scroll down to the section with a bunch of links, should be an option to get a Replacement form. Probably easier to just call the hotline

Barrysmith

HSC
Login to store coms portal then go to storenet and in the serch bar type discount card then look for the replacement form n enter your details.

nanakid12

HSC
This is really a first world problem, but do you guys ask customers to unpack their baskets or do you just do it?

Ever since we got those wheely baskets a while back, most customers unpack them but a lot of them just lift them onto the belt and expect us to unpack them. It just seems rude. And then half the time the customer leaves the basket in the direct centre of the lane and leaves the store.

I feel that I should say something to these people but we have just let them do it for so long. If they were to refuse to unload it, would it be unreasonable for me to tip the contents of the basket onto the belt? I was reading this is what they do at some US chains but I get the feeling that would be perceived as extremely rude ha.

Thanks.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
It bloody boils my piss when people leave their baskets full of stuff on the belt. Usually I just ask them to unpack it for me. I'm getting paid to scan items, not unload baskets. Should be common courtesy to unload baskets then place them under the register. Just hit the customer with a "Hey mate/miss could you please do me a favor and unload your basket for me?"

I usually tip the baskets over so everything spills out and I've gotten some pretty funny looks before so I wouldn't recommend doing that but asking the customer usually does the trick.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)