The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
Just got told to resign over the phone after putting my availability as one day. Was told not worth the time/investment if I am only working 1 shift. I've been working at the store for almost two years. I was told it was on the contract, the thing is I was on probation as a new employee having recently come back after doing an internship overseas and having to be rehired again. The mascot online store sucks balls, ever since the new manager came in, and made everyone stay back... She also stands near the toilets telling people not to go to toilet that much. Everyone I knew who worked with me since the store opened pretty much already quit.
And you wonder why Coles is thrashing us.
Kind feel happy/sad.

Do you think I was right or wrong?

vision53

HSC
N/A
Just got told to resign over the phone after putting my availability as one day. Was told not worth the time/investment if I am only working 1 shift. I've been working at the store for almost two years. I was told it was on the contract, the thing is I was on probation as a new employee having recently come back after doing an internship overseas and having to be rehired again. The mascot online store sucks balls, ever since the new manager came in, and made everyone stay back... She also stands near the toilets telling people not to go to toilet that much. Everyone I knew who worked with me since the store opened pretty much already quit.
And you wonder why Coles is thrashing us.
Kind feel happy/sad.

Do you think I was right or wrong?
Don't worry too much, trust me I know. How some of these new managers got their positions is beyond me. They probably stabbed, pushed and climbed over everyone else to get to the top, yet they still cannot seem to figure out why no one wants to work with them. Wouldn't surprise me if customers knew what they were like as well.

astroman

HSC
applied to woolies and had an interview last thursday, interviewer said result would come around monday, its tuesday, what to do :O

turntaker

HSC
applied to woolies and had an interview last thursday, interviewer said result would come around monday, its tuesday, what to do :O
Wait a few days. If still no response. Bad luck.

nanakid12

HSC
You guyses stores cutting back heaps too? We've cut most of our casual shifts! It's a nightmare!!

Also I wasn't paid properly this week. They've paid me my frontend supervision shifts, but none of my nightfill shifts which is like more than half of my pay. Never had this happen before, will I have to wait until the next pay cycle to get this or can they just send the money to me when I let them know?

BSammy

HSC
yeah i know of two people so far who weren't paid right. glad it wasn't just our store. (not glad people don't have money but glad it isn't my fault)

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Wasn't paid correctly either :( Seems like this is a common thing happening between many employees.

nanakid12

HSC
called my SSO and she said it's an issue with Success Factors.

It always seems to be down for maintenance too...

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Hopefully it's rolled out ASAP. My supervisor was barely paid for her 38 she worked so that really sucks for her. I only lost out on $13 but I'd love to have that back haha

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Does anyone know if the company has something in the agreement where casual staff can request a permanent part time contract if they are continually getting a minimum of 10 hours a week while working as a casual? One of the staff i work with has been working for our store since 2012 and graduated recently, and has been affected badly by the recent wage cuts.

However, there are some older and more expensive casual staff who have been working for the store since last year that have been getting a lot more hours than she has, and one of them gets 38 hours a week as a casual! It just doesn't seem fair, and this person has spoken to the manager about getting more hours, which she has knocked him back for. She also recommended he "get used to working Saturdays" if he wants the hours.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Got my first shift in Groceries tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or remotely helpful tricks/hints they could lend me? Literally never even used a roll cage before so I'm sorta nervous. The only experience I've had packing shelves involved me slicing close to 20 bags of lollies open while opening a box haha

nanakid12

HSC
In Parcel Pickup mode what is a Parcel ID? Just tried putting random numbers/letters in and it comes up "Invalid ID".

We've been doing parcel pickups for years without using the thingy under "Nontrade" at the register, just wondering the process about going about it, cause there is literally nothing descriptive on Storenet about it.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Got my first shift in Groceries tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or remotely helpful tricks/hints they could lend me? Literally never even used a roll cage before so I'm sorta nervous. The only experience I've had packing shelves involved me slicing close to 20 bags of lollies open while opening a box haha
An easy way to open boxes without the blade thingo is to push in the sides of the box parallel to the tape
makes it really easy to pull the tape off

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A
Whats the quickest way to tear up tickets 9p/p? Some advise would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

quake

HSC
N/A
Whats the quickest way to tear up tickets 9p/p? Some advise would be greatly appreciated. :cool:
This is pretty fast, the last two tears can be a bit faster but it was tough to explain how - you might work it out (or a faster method of your own) once you see what's happening. If you struggle try taking a blank page and writing numbers on the tickets like this:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

so it will be more obvious if you're doing it right or wrong (you should end up with a pile with the numbers in the right order)

1) Fold a whole bunch of pages at once, fold them well so they rip easy and cleanly. If they fall apart you folded them too well.

2) Take the first page (don't rip more than one page at once!) and tear down twice first, so you have three separate 'columns'.

3) Put the left column on top of the middle column, and these two columns on top of the right column.

4) Tear the top tickets off and place them face down on the desk.

5) Tear the middle tickets off and place them face down on top of the first tickets, then place the last three face down on top of those.

6) Repeat! I like to keep an eye out for when a new aisle starts and start a new pile, seems faster than sorting them later.

T_Knight

HSC
^quake has got the procedure bang-on! That's how I do it as well, and its basically the most efficient way. Pretty much, it comes down to practice (i know, its a bloody, mind-numbingly booorrrring task). Make sure you take your time initially with the folds. If you rush it, the tickets will just tear and not come off cleanly, meaning you'll take 10x longer to do it (especially when there's a pile of 500-1000 of them for you to put up by yourself)

Seriously, there's an art of putting up tickets lol. It's an exclusively retail "skill" passed down through the generations haha. :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)